• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing own food into restaurants...?!

AussieAngel

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

This might sound like an odd question, but does anyone know if Disney allows you to bring your own food (like a sandwich) into their table service restaurants? My eldest son has autism and has a lot of food sensitivities, so anytime we go out for dinner we have to bring some food along for him in his own little lunchbox.

We're planning to stay in a Beach Club villa so we can cook a lot of our own meals, but it's Disney! We have to go to some delicious restaurants too! :) Who knows, maybe he'll be inspired to try a Mickey waffle... (Which would be miraculous as his food choices consist of ten different items!)

Thanks guys.

Out DgS is on the spectrum. There are very few things he’ll eat and even then, it depends on the day. We do a lot of breakfasts because he loves fruit and eggs. We’ve never brought food in but typically he orders what he wants whether it’s on the menu or not and they do their best to comply! On our departure day last year he ordered ice cream at the California Grill Brunch and the wairer said, I’m in if y’all are ok? We were like, sure but can we get a side of scrambled eggs with it? So he had ice cream and scrambled eggs for breakfast! But we’re grandparents, we can totally get away with it! 😋

I never brought our own food but based on my experience with Disney & my sp needs daughter, I can’t see you having a problem. If it was for you, that would be different. They kind of bent over backwards for her in so many ways. enjoy your trip

I honestly do not see any issues with this plan. Disney accommodates people as much as possible and I do not see them choosing to allow your son to go hungry rather than let him eat his sandwich. I would bring it and if he finds something on the menu he enjoys, perfect. If not he is still happy with his food.

Perfect, thanks for your responses everybody! Toast is his favourite food, so at least we'll be fine at breakfast buffets! (We'll just have to bring our own vegemite from Australia!!) :)

I think if you explain to your server about your son and why, I would expect it to be ok.
As mentioned, they usually try very hard to make things work.

Hi all!

This might sound like an odd question, but does anyone know if Disney allows you to bring your own food (like a sandwich) into their table service restaurants? My eldest son has autism and has a lot of food sensitivities, so anytime we go out for dinner we have to bring some food along for him in his own little lunchbox.

We're planning to stay in a Beach Club villa so we can cook a lot of our own meals, but it's Disney! We have to go to some delicious restaurants too! :) Who knows, maybe he'll be inspired to try a Mickey waffle... (Which would be miraculous as his food choices consist of ten different items!)

Thanks guys.
you can bring in food for him but it has to be something that doesn't require heating as restaurants are not allowed tom heat up outside food, plus at buffets and all you can eat places he will be charged most likely even if he only eats brought in food and if he is a Disney adult that could add up

I have friend who's child is on the spectrum, and they have brought food into all the table service's for him... and they just tell the server, and never has anyone questioned or said anything to them... they bring his insulated lunch box with them, he will order from the menu or tell them what he wants, he does love mac and cheese which is available pretty much everywhere at WDW... they bring his favorite drink cups, and a divided plates (they found disposable ones) which is a big thing for him... they ask for a table near or in a window as he loves to people watch...

Ive never brought "my own food" per se, but I have bought QS for my picky DD and brought it to a TS restaurant, where my husband and I dined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter