Bringing lunch to Epcot, where to eat?

There is also a very peaceful area in China. Only benches though, no tables, but you can sit under a tree, the pond is right in front of you.

We have brought our lunch in previously and eaten by the land! It always worked out for us and we've had nice conversations with other guests.

For the record, we were actually encouraged by CM's to bring our picnic lunch inside The Land (it was raining) and eat in the open cafeteria area. I personally would not have been comfortable doing so IF it had been crowded, but tables were plentiful at the time.

I'm sad to see that this thread has such a negative vibe. We will find a nice shady spot I'm sure. I'm unsubscribing now.

Thanks to the helpful individuals for your suggestions. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry you feel that this has turned into a negative thread. I have to ask..have you ever gone to a WDW counter service restaurant, bought your food and then had to stand there, tray in hand, while you search for a table to sit at?? Especially when you see the family seated at a table with their paper bags of sandwiches and chips?
I realize that everyone wants to sit down and eat. I get it. But, those of us that pay for our food at various restaurants, want to be able to be seated at that restaurant. Seating is provided for the paying guests of that restaurant.
There are plenty of places, in the shade, off the beaten path, to sit and enjoy your bag lunch. And you will see them when you get there.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think that many posters here felt that you may have been asking which counter service restaurants offer the most seating, so as to allow you to sit there. Not saying that was your thought...just saying what some may have felt you meant.

Now, as a previous poster mentioned, there may very well be times that a CM may suggest you go in and take a seat. There may also be times that the seating area in almost empty. I would have no issue with you going in and sitting down at that point. It just seems that most want to eat lunch at 'lunchtime' which means the seating areas are going to be crowded.

I know the building is used for special events and things now, but didn't there used to be tables outside by the Odyssey building?

I'm sorry you feel that this has turned into a negative thread. I have to ask..have you ever gone to a WDW counter service restaurant, bought your food and then had to stand there, tray in hand, while you search for a table to sit at?? Especially when you see the family seated at a table with their paper bags of sandwiches and chips?
I realize that everyone wants to sit down and eat. I get it. But, those of us that pay for our food at various restaurants, want to be able to be seated at that restaurant. Seating is provided for the paying guests of that restaurant.
There are plenty of places, in the shade, off the beaten path, to sit and enjoy your bag lunch. And you will see them when you get there.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think that many posters here felt that you may have been asking which counter service restaurants offer the most seating, so as to allow you to sit there. Not saying that was your thought...just saying what some may have felt you meant.

Now, as a previous poster mentioned, there may very well be times that a CM may suggest you go in and take a seat. There may also be times that the seating area in almost empty. I would have no issue with you going in and sitting down at that point. It just seems that most want to eat lunch at 'lunchtime' which means the seating areas are going to be crowded.

It's a shame that people can't come on this forum and ask a simple question without getting smacked with an almost 300-word lecture that is completely off topic.

It's a shame that people can't come on this forum and ask a simple question without getting smacked with an almost 300-word lecture that is completely off topic.

I Concur.

The orignial post gave no indication of predetermined ideas of where they should lunch. Just asking for any thoughts.

Secondly, this happened to me too and it made me quite hesitant to post simple questions.

I can't multi-quote on my phone, or I would. I don't see this as off topic at all. I'm assuming the fact you do is just because you don't agree with it. The poster explains why people don't think it a good idea why other posters on this thread (including that poster) do not think it's a good idea for people, who bring their own food , to take up QS tables, gave suggestions on places to eat, then have suggestions as to why people came to the conclusion that the OP wanted to take up QS tables with brought in food.

I'm sorry, but if your so used to your parents telling you that everything you think is amazing and you can't take someone politely explaining their reasons, that don't agree with you, like the person you quoted maybe message boards aren't the place for you.

ETA....The last part "you" is not one specific person, and is a general statement.

I think that ppl who bring their food are just as entitled to a seat in the AC as someone who buys their food! They also paid that high admission price! Not everyone can or wants to pay the high price of CS in WDW!

The only thing that irritates me is ppl who loiter at their table after they have eaten when they see ppl tray in hand trying to find a seat.

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

I'll confess, my family of 5 has gone into EU with our packed sandwiches and chips in late August to have our lunch (I'm sure it was FD at the time also). We purchased fruit and drinks to go along with our meal and I didn't think twice about ducking into the restaurant out of the heat to have our brief lunch.

I'll confess, my family of 5 has gone into EU with our packed sandwiches and chips in late August to have our lunch (I'm sure it was FD at the time also). We purchased fruit and drinks to go along with our meal and I didn't think twice about ducking into the restaurant out of the heat to have our brief lunch.

I think that is a great idea!

So basically what your saying is if you can't afford to buy your lunch you don't deserve to sit in the AC? That's messed up!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

Folks is it really that difficult to answer an OP's question :(

The question was where could they eat their picnic lunch.
Instead a whole bunch of folks decide to wade in and turn this into you better not eat in a CS restaurant or else thread.
These restaurant posts are better placed on the dining board.

Thank you for listening :goodvibes

Folks is it really that difficult to answer an OP's question :(

The question was where could they eat their picnic lunch.
Instead a whole bunch of folks decide to wade in and turn this into you better not eat in a CS restaurant or else thread.
These restaurant posts are better placed on the dining board.

Thank you for listening :goodvibes

Yes!!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

I like to eat in the World Showcase. Then I can pretend my PB&J came from Mexico.....or Germany........Or France.........

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter