• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh if you have room you might want to take some bubble wrap to wrap up any breakables on the way home. People were begging the gift shop for bubble wrap at departure time.

I will have duct tape for packages and magnetic tape (for the door) if anyone needs some.

Teresa

Dopeylover54 8/12 Barcelona Apartments Already there!
Mickeyaddict 8/13 Le Meridian Having a great time!!

Dizzney D Ann 8/16 Renaissance Marriott
LisaTX & Silver7 8/17 Casa Camper
DisneyVegas1 8/17 Grand Marina
gailadams_uk 8/17 Grand Marina
Bear's Mates 8/17 Le Meridian
rwatterson 8/17 Tryp Barcelonan Aeropuerto
Gismo/Rikmuk 8/17 Renaissance Airport
MikeDebTaylor 8/17 Renaissance
Bishop Family 8/17 AC Barcelona
figment795 8/17 Husa Illia
Disneysweetie 8/18 Disney Magic
kaseyC & DD Hannah 8/18 Disney Magic
Mickeymom923 8/18 Disney Magic
Grandma x3 8/18 Disney Magic
FaireyGod Mother 8/18 Disney Magic
Hurtbypampered 8/18 Disney Magic
Smores 8/18 Disney Magic
Bearfan 8/18 Disney Magic
EJW 8/18 Disney Magic
tink&cinderella 8/18 Disney Magic
disneyauntiex11 8/18 Disney Magic
Saratoga Souris 8/18 Disney Magic

Just catching up with the latest posts. We arrive Barcelona on Friday, and staying at Husa L'illa as well. I've already mapped the nearest Starbucks :rotfl2: :coffee: The next best thing will be Cove Cafe, I hope Lourdes and/or Patrick are still there. They make great coffee.

DD's are both at the salon getting hair cuts, manicures and pedicures...boy are they spoiled. :rotfl:

I'm not sure how DVC knew we were on this cruise since we did not book through them, but I had emailed a question regarding the special pins. Or maybe from our Castaway Club info?

Need to wrap up some work this afternoon, then I'm ready to pack. (right after i finish the laundry that is :laundy: )

My nightmare last night...I was in labor and delivery...something I am not wanting to do at this stage of life. :lmao:

Happy packing everyone, time is going quickly! :hourglass

Hi Dee, sorry to hear you are stressing and having trouble sleeping. in terms of being ready for the trip, you sound like you are in good shape....all packed and i'm sure you've gone over your packing list many times. as long as you have all your required docs you should be in good shape....anything else can be bought or borrowed.

we have not packed yet. last night melanie and I went through her clothes and they are piled on a chair in her room. tonight i'll want to take out my clothes and print my magnets. kenny still has to decide what he is bringing. he tell me he "has an idea" what he wants to bring. i hope to have most of it in the suitcases by thursday night so friday i'm not stressing.

take care and try to get some sleep, ellen

I coulnd not figure out why I was not sleeping. I thought it was because I was stressing (even though I did not feel it). I was reminded this morning after my two hours of sleep that I had drank a "Biggie" ice tea just before bed. I do not consume coffee or caffine so I guess it was a real stimulant for me. Lesson learned.:lmao: I did manage to creat new magnet and trashed the old. Printed them as well as my pillowcases transfer.

Does Melanie what a pillow case signed by the characters? I can make her one with the map on it or anything she wants. Just let me know.

My only fear is forgetting the passports. I think I am gonna put them in the suitcase tonight along with my organized binder and euros. Have a great day and we will see you real soon

My mom, my husband and myself are flying out of SFO on Friday afternoon to Frankfurt then from Frankfurt on to Barcelona. Anyone else on these flights? We are so excited. This will be my mom's first cruise of any kind and first trip out of the country, we are so happy for her!

We are flying through Frankfort and arrive BCN at 1155. Maybe we are on the same connecting flight

My nightmare last night...I was in labor and delivery...something I am not wanting to do at this stage of life. :lmao:

Now that would be a nightmare for me. My grandkids would be older than their AUnt or Uncle. Not to mention DH would be suing someone!:thumbsup2

i was doing fine (as far as the nightmares). . .until i met up with this rep yesterday that --out of the blue--started telling me about "critical list" (i had no idea what he was talking about--or what language he was speaking)but, he was so kind and explained in layman terms that a boat can list 43 degrees and recover and more and shall we say "titanic"--now the nightmares have started--i realize you are more likely to get killed in a car accident, or accident in the home or even trampled by a purple and green elephant. . .but tell that to my OVERACTIVE IMAGINATION at the wee hours of the night! :scared1:

:scared: Think I might have to wait till I get home then :eek:

OK actually just looked on itunes and its not on there! Can you believe that!!!!!

Rowling has not licensed her material to be downloaded electronically. It is available in the states on audio cassette and cd from a company called Listening Library, they are a division of Random House. I know. I paid $100 for each copy :scared1: and there are 7 here in my library. Jim Dale does do a great job though.

Lisa Marie
also a Youth Librarian in my ordinary and mundane non-Disney world

Hi Gang!!

Just stopped in to say Good-bye - I'm packed and leaviing shortly for the airport - Paris here I come!!

See you soon aboard the Magic!!!!!

We are flying through Frankfort and arrive BCN at 1155. Maybe we are on the same connecting flight

i am very new at this and don't know if i am responding correctly. sounds like you will be in barcelona before us. we leave frankfurt at 12:55 on lufthansa and won't arrive in barcelona until 2:50. we would have liked to arrive earlier in the day but it didn't work out. see you on the ship. have a safe trip.

i am very new at this and don't know if i am responding correctly. sounds like you will be in barcelona before us. we leave frankfurt at 12:55 on lufthansa and won't arrive in barcelona until 2:50. we would have liked to arrive earlier in the day but it didn't work out. see you on the ship. have a safe trip.

My mom, my husband and myself are flying out of SFO on Friday afternoon to Frankfurt then from Frankfurt on to Barcelona. Anyone else on these flights? We are so excited. This will be my mom's first cruise of any kind and first trip out of the country, we are so happy for her!
Are you on Lufthansa at 1:55 out of SFO and Connecting in Frankfurt at 12:55. If So My Dad and I are on that Flight.

Saratoga Sarious is also on the connecting Flight from frankfurt to Barcelona.

I Thought I was going to be the only one on that late flight to Barcelona!

Yeh! We have company!

Gail

:scared: Think I might have to wait till I get home then :eek:

OK actually just looked on itunes and its not on there! Can you believe that!!!!!

My sister was able to get a hold of an English Print Harry Potter in Italy before she boarded for the 10 Day Med Cruise.
My sister is on the B2B she and my niece are reading the Harry Potter Book. So there will be a Harry Potter Book on the ship! I don't know if my sister will part with it Though

Gail

My sister was able to get a hold of an English Print Harry Potter in Italy before she boarded for the 10 Day Med Cruise.
My sister is on the B2B she and my niece are reading the Harry Potter Book. So there will be a Harry Potter Book on the ship! I don't know if my sister will part with it Though

Gail

Oh my God please please please see if she would I promise to return it in the same condition and everything! I'm plodding along trying to get through it but I just keep being destracted. Totally understand if she doesn't want to cause I know how I'd be about it!

Rowling has not licensed her material to be downloaded electronically. It is available in the states on audio cassette and cd from a company called Listening Library, they are a division of Random House. I know. I paid $100 for each copy :scared1: and there are 7 here in my library. Jim Dale does do a great job though.

Lisa Marie
also a Youth Librarian in my ordinary and mundane non-Disney world

Oh my! Ah!

We're also flying from Philly Flt:742 UsAirways. I guess we'll see you in the airport. We have girls as well Ages 5(turning 6 on 8/23)11, 11, and 13.
We'll have on our lanyards. See you then
Cindy

Hola,
We spent all day walking, yes I said walking all over Barcelona today, the weather is nice as long as there is a breeze blowing, but when it stops, boy does is get hot quick! We walked from our apartment across from Arch de trumph(sp?) across to Ramblas down to the port and back. Had lunch that consisted of what I consider bait, but it wasn't bad, but DW didn't like lunch looking back at her, so she had soup. Did some shopping and some people watching, all kinds of people watching.
The train system is about the same as London or Paris, but we did manage to get on the wrong train anyway. The rail company has information assistants wearing red shirts that will assist you when you need it, they do speak some english, and my 2 years of spanish from 34 years ago did help a little.
We meet our roommate on Wed. at the airport flying in from Paris for the rest of our stay in Barcelona and then on to the MAGIC for a cruise that we all wil not soon forget.
We also learned today that August is holiday time here, so some of the stores are closed.
Any questions, feel free to either PM or post, and I will try and help.
See your Real soon,
Ken

Slowly but surely getting ready here...the only thing I am worried about at this point is how much I am going to miss my cats! I've never been away from them for two weeks, and even on 4-night cruises DH and I tend to look for them on the foot of the bed out of habit.

Safe flights to all who are getting ready to go, and think happy thoughts...calm seas...no hurricanes...smooth sailing and sunny sea days!

Have fun everyone! I hope you dont mind me poking in! It's fun to hear everyone's flight connections HOW WONDERFUL!!!!

May Smooth Seas a Warm Sun, and a Cool breeze bring you all home safely

:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter