Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got cabin #1044 and my sister and DD are in #1046. We'll be adding fish extenders too! See ya'll really soon!:banana:

HI....I have been in and out (mostly out!!:) ) but was wondering if anyone is doing the Montseratt half day DCL tour on Sunday August 19? I am signed up but am going solo and was wanting to know if anyone from here will be going also.

Now I'm really confused. Not difficult I know but I checked for my room assignment and it showed up as a cat 12 standard inside room 2648, but I've just checked the deck plan and it shows that room as a cat 9 deluxe ocean view stateroom :confused3

So is it a :cool1:

or is it a :sad1:

Either way I'm :banana:

Ian

:banana:
Now I'm really confused. Not difficult I know but I checked for my room assignment and it showed up as a cat 12 standard inside room 2648, but I've just checked the deck plan and it shows that room as a cat 9 deluxe ocean view stateroom :confused3

Ian
lol will read as cat you paid for but you got an upgrad to Cat 9! WD!

We just got our room assignment cat9 #2024 !!!

That's awesome after only paying for a 12.

Just wondering what a fish extender is......I'm happy to bring one as long as it fits in a suitcase and dosen't look obviously "Disney". I'm trying to keep the vacation a secret from my family:thumbsup2

I'm loading up my family and taking them to the airport for "a short family getaway" They have no clue we're going to Europe or on the boat.
We first fly from Edmonton to Toronto. I'm going to waste a number of hours at the Toronto airport "waiting for a rental car". Then at the last possible moment I will check us in to fly to Barcelona for a "little European excursion" . They will have no clue until we get Disney transport to our hotel in Barcelona....that might be a bit of a clue!!

So I would be grateful if someone could explain the fish thing to me...we have lots of fish in Canada so it should't be a problem. Unless of course you want it fresh!:lmao:

Its so nice to chat with all of you about the trip..I feel like I will explode my secret sometimes at home:banana:

Krista

Ian

It still shows Cat 12 on your ressie because that's what you booked. But you are right, you've got a window.

Just wondering what a fish extender is......I'm happy to bring one as long as it fits in a suitcase and dosen't look obviously "Disney". I'm trying to keep the vacation a secret from my family:thumbsup2

I'm loading up my family and taking them to the airport for "a short family getaway" They have no clue we're going to Europe or on the boat.
We first fly from Edmonton to Toronto. I'm going to waste a number of hours at the Toronto airport "waiting for a rental car". Then at the last possible moment I will check us in to fly to Barcelona for a "little European excursion" . They will have no clue until we get Disney transport to our hotel in Barcelona....that might be a bit of a clue!!

So I would be grateful if someone could explain the fish thing to me...we have lots of fish in Canada so it should't be a problem. Unless of course you want it fresh!:lmao:

Its so nice to chat with all of you about the trip..I feel like I will explode my secret sometimes at home:banana:

Krista

What an awesome surprise. And you scored a Cat 9 for this too? You're going to be the best mommy/wife in the world.

A fish extender is something that you hang on a decorative fish that is right outside your cabin door. The fish is actually a mail slot that DCL uses. We've taken it a further step and add our own pockets to slip notes, surprises to each other. I'll try to hunt down the pictures. You can make your own or buy from ebay (but search for wall organizers, not fish extender, that's our own term her on DIS).

Krista

Fish extender is like an over door organiser you place outside your cabin and other travellers may leave gifts or you may go around and leave gifts for them. Its kinda like an exchange thing but its all voluntary and no one has to give a gift just cause they recieve one. Can litterally be a giftbag outside your room on the fish that marks your door or a proper extender made of disney which obviously i wouldn't go for if i were you. Keep the surprise going.

We got cabin #1044 and
my sister and DD are in #1046.
We'll be adding fish extenders too! See ya'll really soon!:banana:
and we are right next door at 1042 cat 9 - I hope u two honeymooners won't be tooooo noisy!

Yeah!:cool1: We got an upgrade to a cat 9. We are in cabin 2646! DH is still a bit upset that we are on deck 2, but I'm happy as could be. We have windows! What a great price for a cat 9 I must say. :cheer2:

Congrats to all, with and without upgrades. We are going to have a vacation of a lifetime!

Jennifer

I got my cabin assignment also! When I logged in to my reservation I saw "Stateroom # 1***, Category 12 Standard Inside Stateroom" and I was a little upset, but figured oh well, we got what we paid for. I was ready to post that my initial idea of them saving the better rooms for us was quite the opposite. :sad1:

First I wanted to check the deck plans to see where on the ship the room was and was happy that it is at least pretty close to midship. I also noticed it was on the outside but figured Deck 1 was solid on the outside (no porthole). But then I saw the same category rooms on Deck 2, so I explored around a little more and I found out we got a Cat 9 Deluxe Oceanview! :yay:
So I guess the reservation shows what you booked, not what you got.

I'm not too thrilled with being on Deck 1, but at least it's all staterooms above us (I've heard horror stories of being under the galley, rockin' bar d, etc.). I don't know what's in the secret greyed-out empty area (between aft and midship) but I hope it's not something TOO noisy! :rockband:

Hi,
Good news - I too was upgraded to cat 9 - however, #1058 Deck 1.
But - no complaints - I only paid for cat 12 & as I am travelling solo I was actually surprised to be upgraded.
Think of all the exercise walking up so flights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter