• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom2Belle&PeterPan said:
Welcome bob and family!!! Great to have us with you! I am sending you a PM with info. ~ look for it! Again, WELCOME!
Thank you Mom2 - we are looking forward to this trip and making new friends. We have been adding adventure to this trip - other then the flying to Spain for the first time most of our party (of 8) have never been to NYC or on a train so were are on the train from Toronto to NYC then stay over there take in TimeSquare a show shopping etc - then fly out of JFK to Spain - very exciting (for us)
Bob :banana: :bounce:

Bob - I made the same mistake -- don't feel bad.

We just got back from seeing Spamalot in NYC - 20 min. ride into town for us.

If you don't know what show you want to see in NY - you can go to the half price ticket booth in Times Sq (actually by the Marriot right now) and get tickets that afternoon. EyeRN did that during her recent trip to NY.

TGIF

Called Eurorail again - got a nice person on the phone that I actually could understand. According to her - the rates for '07 are not out yet . Last year there were no discounts for kids 4 -11 on the trains going to Spain. They are anticipating a 10% increase or so - and they are going to send me the approx rates - with people booked in T-2 compartments.

YIKES - they are driving us crazy :rolleyes:

Here is my follow up questions and their first response. He will be out of the office until 10/03/06.

Do the T-4 - 4 Berth sleepers have the magnetic door locks ? If so - please quote .

Can you also quote the double berth - 1st class ones too ?

Erica Faigman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 4:15 PM
To: Erica Faigman
Subject: RE: Group Travel - 8/17/07

Erica,
please be advised that the Elipsos Train from Paris-Barcelona does not have T2 2nd Class type sleepers. Only Double Berths which are 1st Class. Would your group possibly be interested in travelling in T4 4 Berth Sleepers?

Please let me know so that I know how to price your group.

Respecrtfully Yours,

David Breuer

David Breuer
Rail Consultant
EuroGroups
Division of Rail Europe Group
44 South Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601
Phone: 914-989-3384
Fax: 914-682-3712
Email: dbreuer@raileurope.com

Elf - the virtual tour shows key door locks in tourist but card/magnetic in club. with three traveling, you may be limited. There generally is a cabin attendant in each car who watches the halls during the night and takes care of border crossings. take a look at the cabins on this link

http://www.elipsos.com/flash/paseo/lnkpaseo.htm

They all look rather nice for train cabins.

suzanne

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I last posted. We are thinking that we may have to cancel this cruise for financial reasons. I was too heartbroken to even look at these boards for a while. I still haven't given up and will try to figure things out so that we can still go. I will need to figure out the streamlined, no frills version. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Alisha

Just a heads-up. The Barcelona episode of Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe will repeat Thursday, Oct 12 at 11am (Eastern time).

Laurie P.

wackywexler said:
Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I last posted. We are thinking that we may have to cancel this cruise for financial reasons. I was too heartbroken to even look at these boards for a while. I still haven't given up and will try to figure things out so that we can still go. I will need to figure out the streamlined, no frills version. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Alisha

Sorry to hear this! Hope you can work things out!

Ask questions since a lot have booked air, etc. already.

j

Bob, that is quite an adventure for you and yours!!! You must be beside yourselves with excitement! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Alisha, so sorry to hear this. We got a killer deal on airline fare from LAX to Dublin (non-stop), then Dublin to Barcelona (non-stop). You have to purchase tickets for each leg of the trip.

Try:

www.flyaerlingus.com

They are air buses, and I hear you have better luggage allotments coming from the U.S. I have to verify this.

Also, we found a good deal at a new Marriott outside of Barcelona. Try:

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/BCNBR

It is a new hotel, so the one review I read was not good. However, in a year, they should be up and running AOK.

I hope these good deals might help you out! Best wishes!!! :grouphug:

Barbara

wackywexler said:
Hi Everyone,

Alisha
:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: for luck. Aer Lingus has the best prices for airfare (cheaper than from here, and we're 800 miles closer!).

:tinker: pixiedust: because it's Disney and we really, really hope you will be able to join us!

DisneyElf said:
Bob - I made the same mistake -- don't feel bad.

We just got back from seeing Spamalot in NYC - 20 min. ride into town for us.

If you don't know what show you want to see in NY - you can go to the half price ticket booth in Times Sq (actually by the Marriot right now) and get tickets that afternoon. EyeRN did that during her recent trip to NY.

TGIF

Yep, got the second row to see the Producers.

If you want to see wicked, you might want to get those tickets NOW. In July they were booked out till January. So now Miss Hope spends her birthday weekend in NYC and finally gets to see the play.

eye R.N. said:

If you want to see wicked, you might want to get those tickets NOW. In July they were booked out till January. So now Miss Hope spends her birthday weekend in NYC and finally gets to see the play.

Lucky Girl!

We go to see Wicked again, but here in TO! Can't wait!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

j

eye R.N. said:

That sounds great - we now have the train tickets ($113 ea Toronto-NYC Business Class) and the Air tickets ($299 ea JFK-BCN)

So next is to get everyone together and plan NewYork!!!! :banana:

Thanks
:cool1:

Scratch42 said:
Lucky Girl!

We go to see Wicked again, but here in TO! Can't wait!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

j

We missed seeing Wicked the first time it was here ~ we've got tickets to see it on November 19 when it's here again! :cheer2: :cheer2:

(We saw the Producers here too!)

Arlene

Turns out we are going this coming Saturday!

Hope I can get rid of this stupid cough that I cought from somebody either here at work or at home!

:rolleyes1

Well, it's been decided!

We're are going to go to DLP!

How many chances am I gonna get to go, especially with my family here! :thumbsup2

Now to decide when to arrive! :confused3

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter