• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were on the Panama cruise - but didn't go online before hand so we didn't know about all you wounderful people - We had a fantastic cruise in '05 but this is looking like it will be even better. . . . I would love to chat and get to know more people this time :wizard:

Bob :cool1:

rwatterson said:
We were on the Panama cruise - but didn't go online before hand so we didn't know about all you wounderful people - We had a fantastic cruise in '05 but this is looking like it will be even better. . . . I would love to chat and get to know more people this time :wizard:

Did you and your wife do a snorkeling excursion in Mexico the day after we missed our stop at Cabo? I was chatting to a couple from Brampton at the front of the boat on our way back and heard about the big storm that had ripped through Southern Ontario while we were gone.

Arlene

Erica - Thanx for updating Page One!

For your next update, you can mark us as Cat 6. Thanx girlfriend!

All done Nancy .....

Can't believe we are in the 10 month window . I've already picked up a couple of small things for the trips. The security waistbags are next :goodvibes

ok--I win the award for Miss Overplanner 2006-
I already have my hotel booked in Barcelona plus a walking tour, my plane tickets have been purchased and I just mailed my final payment on the cruise today!

I have 10 months left!!

Now what??

:hourglass

DisneyElf said:
All done Nancy .....

Can't believe we are in the 10 month window . I've already picked up a couple of small things for the trips. The security waistbags are next :goodvibes
Thanx Erica - that was quick!

Which security waistbag are you looking at?

Perdita&Pongo said:
Erica - Thanx for updating Page One!

For your next update, you can mark us as Cat 6. Thanx girlfriend!

Erica,
A couple of suggestions from the recent Southern Carribean cruise:
names and ages of all in satateroom, indicate stateroom # ( optional) we used it for distributing little gifts, put in the fish extenders. Also, publishing where the people are from can be helpful in knowing if someone nearby is also going.

Lastly, please change # in our party to two, thank you.

BUDDY said:
Erica,
A couple of suggestions from the recent Southern Carribean cruise:
names and ages of all in satateroom, indicate stateroom # ( optional) we used it for distributing little gifts, put in the fish extenders. Also, publishing where the people are from can be helpful in knowing if someone nearby is also going.

Lastly, please change # in our party to two, thank you.

Names, ages, and stateroom #s should be on a separate web site, preferably one accessible only with password, to fellow cruisers only. But certainly a separate, SoF-only web site dedicated to this cruise only.

And no, that doesn't mean 3C. I'd be happy to set something up if people are interested.

dee47 said:
Hey all --

If you are going from Paris to Barcelona on 8/17, and want in on advanced reservations and group rates, please PM ME. I'll have final details as soon as I know how many of us there are, but I'm working with RailEurope's group division.

Hi Dee,

I was hoping for an update on this. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this is the train information some are looking for, but this is a link to a virtual tour of the train from Paris to Barcelona - you can tour each type of room. To get a detailed floorplan, click on the little floor plan shown with the tour. You can also link to prices. Early purchase has the best rates, just like airlines

http://www.elipsos.com/flash/paseo/lnkpaseo.htm

For those interested in the Air France bus from the CDG airport to Paris (you don't have to fly on air france to take it) - there are four routes with regular service - check out the following - gives routes and prices
http://www.cars-airfrance.com/

I have a link somewhere for the buses from CDG to DLP. Will post it when I find it.

I saw these busses loading at CDG, bound for Disney Land Paris. They looked quite comfy and convenient and drop you off at your DLP area hotel. 16 euro per adult - with pickup at each of the CDG terminals, convenient to the luggage carousels. Plenty of room under the bus for luggage. Run every 20 minutes.

http://www.vea.fr/uk/index.asp

DisneyElf said:
Here are a couple of the waistbags I am looking at ....

http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=34

& http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=161

I leaning towards the first one - since for $ 39.00 it will hold my camcorder and other stuff. Prob. put one of my TSA locks on it too :goodvibes

After going to one of the web sites you had linked, I then went to E-bay and typed in Microfiber Security Waist Pack and had a good number of offerings for as little as $3.99

DisneyElf said:
Gotta find the link for the train info -- will post it later.

For all the fools - that met my neice Belinda in Florida - last month - her parents have okayed her joining us for the trip :cool1:

Now I will need advise on the kids clubs (total newbie here on that). She will be 7 1/2 when we sail .

Dee - you will have to pass the message on to Keith. :goodvibes

Elf you did double 2006 aug 19 on Magic - then we were getting on as you were getting off on Sep 2/06

Bob

Thanks for the heads up Buddy - since I need to buy two of them - one for me and the other for Benita.

We'll let Belinda wear her princess one - but hold all money and valuables in our bags.

Yup -- we got off about 8:45 on the 2nd. That was our surprise cruise. Chuck from AllSeas Travel called -- he found us a cabin - and we booked it - then we decided to surprise all the fools that were sailing. Other than almost giving poor Bob a heart attack -it went very well. Had a great time at CC.

Next we will be on the ship together :cool1:

Um... Erica? Didn't you debark with the Fools on 8/26, not 9/2. :confused3

I think maybe Bob-rwatterson is confusing the term "Double Dip" with the term "Back-to-Back". Double Dip refers to a cruise with 2 stops at Castaway Cay. B2B means 2 cruises one right after another.

rwatterson said:

Welcome bob and family!!! Great to have us with you! I am sending you a PM with info. ~ look for it! Again, WELCOME!

:rotfl2: Didn't realize that -- I did get off the ship on 8/26 -- otherwise poor Belinda would have been left at Disney by herself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter