• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing Food In?

Momma22princesses

Earning My Ears
I went to Disneyland in February 2011 and we were able to bring in our own food. We are now going again this September and I assumed this was still the rule so I told my whole extended family (who are also going with us) not to worry about eating at the restaurants because we can bring in our own food. Then tonight I saw on Disneyland's website that only special dietary food is allowed to be brought in and nothing else. I just about fainted because I already told me family they could bring food and now it is going to cost them so much more if I was wrong.

Is outside food allowed to be brought in or not?

Thank you!!!

PS - I aplogize if there is already a post about this but I skimmed through them and didn't see one.

You may bring food in. No alcohol, glass containters, and food needing preperation, such as a loaf of bread with a bag of turkey to make sandwiches.

If you are talking about small coolers full of food, then perhaps you could rent a locker outside the gates near the picnic area. That way you can enjoy your food, with no stress.

We eat breakfast in our hotel room. We bring in snacks and bottled water to munch on during the day. Then we eat dinner off site. They never say anything to us when we walk in. You should be fine. :goodvibes

You may bring food in. No alcohol, glass containters, and food needing preperation, such as a loaf of bread with a bag of turkey to make sandwiches.

Also, no big hard-sided coolers.

We go a couple times a month and always bring food in and never have a problem. We bring sandwiches, salads, whole fruit and veggies (baby tomatoes, cucumbers, carrot sticks), popcorn, chips, a sweet of some kind and drinks.

Don't worry about it and have fun!

Our family always observed the "movie-theater rule". If you can comfortably fit it in your purse, jacket, bag, etc, do it. You hardly ever see a person smuggle a KFC bucket into a movie theater, and as for coolers, just be prepared to lug that thing around if you can't find a locker that will fit it. I wouldn't want to be the guy who can't ride anything fun because I got saddled with cooler duty.

Our family always observed the "movie-theater rule". If you can comfortably fit it in your purse, jacket, bag, etc, do it. You hardly ever see a person smuggle a KFC bucket into a movie theater, and as for coolers, just be prepared to lug that thing around if you can't find a locker that will fit it. I wouldn't want to be the guy who can't ride anything fun because I got saddled with cooler duty.
Only small, soft-sided coolers are allowed into the parks, so the cooler not fitting into a locker there shouldn't be an issue. :-)

The way my in-laws do it is pretty easy and simple. They fill their cooler full of ice or those blue gel ice plastic things. They leave the cooler in the car. When it's time for lunch one person would get the cooler and bring it to the picnic tables outside of the park. They would all eat and come back in. This worked really well for them and even in the heat of summer the drinks stayed ice
Cold And the food never spoiled!

We usually just bring a backpack in and rent a locker and return to the locker when we need drinks or a snack. But yes as long as your not trying to bring in a loaf of bread and a huge thing of sandwich meat you'll be ok. I did see a large family get denied entry because they were trying to bring in a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly and a large bag of tortillas. So I think as long as what your bringing is prepared and organized you will be ok!

Ok so.. For those who took in food, was it recent?

I had thought of making sandwiches and putting them back in the bread bag already made. It's a special dietary need..if we don't take in lunch we don't eat:lmao:

We always bring lunch in for our family - pb&js, sliced apples, chips, trail mix, granola bars, fun fruits, baby carrots, water, juice boxes, etc. We've never had a problem (we were last there in July). We use a small soft sided cooler.

As others have said, it needs to pre-made. And while I've never tried it, so I can't be sure, my guess is you couldn't bring things like McD's, a pizza, etc in.

My daughter brought her own food in this past week. It was generally a containier of salad & beans. And a thermous of lentils & veggies. They didn't question her about it at all.

Offiically they do not allow outside food, but they have never stoped us from bringing in things.

As others have said, it needs to pre-made. And while I've never tried it, so I can't be sure, my guess is you couldn't bring things like McD's, a pizza, etc in.

We occasionally take in sandwiches from the Quizno's next to Carousel motel. Never had a problem. The security folks have seen them, and even commented on the fact that it looks like a good lunch. Never tried McD's, but I'd bet you wouldn't have a problem there, either.

-Bob

Ok so.. For those who took in food, was it recent?

Our last visit was last Thursday. I brought in 6 sandwiches, 3 juice boxes, a big bag of Pirate Booty, some fruit, some dried veggies, sliced cheese and a salad. No one blinked an eye. The security person looked in the bag and said, "snacks," then moved to the next person.

Never tried McD's, but I'd bet you wouldn't have a problem there, either.

Not McD's, but I've taken in 4 foot-longs from the kosher Subway. No problem.

Our last visit was last Thursday. I brought in 6 sandwiches, 3 juice boxes, a big bag of Pirate Booty, some fruit, some dried veggies, sliced cheese and a salad. No one blinked an eye. The security person looked in the bag and said, "snacks," then moved to the next person.

Sweet, thank you :) Thanks everyone else too. I can now go back to sleeping at night :lovestruc

We always bring in sandwiches, snacks and water bottles :) My waistline couldn't take it if I didn't :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter