Bringing Beer on board-

McNabrat

First Timer!
I've read thru many posts stating most people wished they brought more beer on board. How do you bring beer on board? Say we bring a case of beer, do we have to lug it around until we receive our stateroom? Do we/can we check it with our luggage? First time cruisers here & I'm kinda worried about the logistics of it all :sad2:

Yes, you need to "lug" it around with you until you get into your stateroom. It can not be checked in with your luggage.

You need to bring your beer onboard with you. You can't check it. If you saw how they piled up luggage, you'd understand. :eek:

Unfortunately, you have to lug it around until your stateroom is available.

Here are a couple of tips: do cans and place them in a rolling bag. They won't break and are less likely to explode. Certainly rolling them is easier than carrying them. Try to board a bit later so you don't have to lug them around for too long.

My DH brought an 18 pack case of Miller Lite cans on board with him. We put it in its own carry on bag and carried it through security just like any other bag. We took it to the room and the put it in the fridge.

No questions, no weird looks, no nothing. As long as it's stored properly in its own carry on bag (carry on being the critical thing here) and isn't glass that can break, it was fine.

Make sure it is in some kind of bag however. My DH had his in an open box and the gentleman behind us in the security line had a case and both were given black trash bags to carry it in.

Is there a limit to how much alcohol you can carry onboard? I know there is a limit on how much you can bring home through ports and duty free shops, but I'm curious on limits for taking onboard for consumption.

Is there a limit to how much alcohol you can carry onboard? I know there is a limit on how much you can bring home through ports and duty free shops, but I'm curious on limits for taking onboard for consumption.

You may bring onboard however many beverages you wish. You must carry them on, not in your checked bags. Carry on bags must be no larger than 22X14X9 inches. You will be hauling your carryon bags until the rooms open (usually about 1:30).

:cutie:

As much as you can carry. Just remember if you don't drink it all you will need to claim it. If you cannot prove it was purchased in the US you will have to pay the duty on it. In other words, keep your receipts.

MY son gets upset with me when I put his toys in the big suitcase and the beer in his Buzz Lightyear one before we get on ship.. :rotfl2:

You may bring onboard however many beverages you wish. You must carry them on, not in your checked bags. Carry on bags must be no larger than 22X14X9 inches. You will be hauling your carryon bags until the rooms open (usually about 1:30).

:cutie:

Keep in mind that the beer you bring onboard can only be consumed in your room. DCL rules do not allow you to consume the alcohol you carry onto the ship in public areas. The only exception is wine bottles. You can take an unopened bottle of wine or champagne to the dining room (including Palo & Remy), pay a $20 corkage fee and drink it with your dinner.

We bought a soft-sided rolling cooler at Target for about $40. We have used it on each cruise and for other picnic type events or even camping.

Do not put ice in the cooler prior to boarding - that's not allowed. With this type of cooler, your steward will keep it filled with fresh ice when they clean up your room. The mini fridges are nice in the cabin, but the ones on the Wonder didn't chill anything very well. This time we are going on the Fantasy and they may be much better.

Just our 2 cents...

Oh and should add that domestic beers are reasonably priced. If you like imports or specialty beers - stock up on those.

My DH and I both drink beer, so we bought two 18-packs (cans) and put them in a rolling soft-sided cooler. Put the cooler on the belt to be scanned, then rolled it up to the escalator, and right on board. It collapsed flat (well, sort of flat) and went into the suitcase for the trip home. I highly recommend bringing beer on board in a soft-sided cooler on wheels! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter