Bringing Baby Food on the Ship

jfeasel

Mouseketeer
My sister is bringing her 8 month old on the Fantasy with us in July. We are also doing 3 days in parks before hand. Her question is if people brought baby food for the ship with them from home or had it delivered by like Amazon or a grocery store service to the ship or even the hotel room prior to embarkation. Thanks.

When I sailed with my 8 month old...a long time ago, I brought it from home. We didn't have all these services that are available now. ;)

It would have to be either brought from home or delivered to the hotel. The ship does not accept deliveries like that for passengers.

Also note it must be unopened and in its original packaging - and must be carried on board, not put in checked baggage. Pretty sure it would have to be unopened to take it off the ship as well.

The other thing to note - they will make food or purées for the baby. I sailed with my 9 month old to Alaska and brought enough food for just 3 days on board and it was more than I needed. Each night they’d ask what we wanted the next day and had it waiting for us with leftovers for breakfast and lunch.
As others said, anything coming on board needs to be sealed.

My sister had an infant, and in the MDR, they puréed foods for my niece. For breakfast, they should have oatmeal, bananas, avocados, which I’m sure are available at either Cabanas or in the MDR. Lunch may a little harder, but I’m sure you could find peas, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes fairly easy.

If she does want to take some of her own baby food- I would either run by the store (depending on how you are getting to the port, your driver may take a quick stop for you) or have a grocery delivery service drop it off at your hotel before you head to the ship.

I’d bring a few pouches to have on hand, but I’d probably just feed things I could find on the buffet or ask them to purée some veggies for dinner. Stuff like yogurt, scrambled eggs, mashed banana, etc.

Consider bringing a small hand held food grinder instead. You can grind fresh fruits and steamed vegetables, plus pasta, rice, potatoes and the like. So healthy and fresh and nothing to lug around. Those things plus yogurt are great. I never used jarred food for my babies and we traveled quite a lot.

As others have said, the ship will make food for the baby to eat. Just wanted to mention that they don't have applesauce on the ships, so if the baby likes applesauce, you might want to bring some pouches of it. I guess they could probably make some for you. My 10 yr old dd likes it, so I usually bring a few pouches to keep in the cabin's frig for her to snack on. They always have different types of yogurt at Cabanas that we get a few containers of to put in the frig also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter