bring umbrella stroller vs. rent one

firsttimer4

Mouseketeer
We are taking our first Disney trip in May. It's me, DH, DS (almost 6), and DD (3). We are flying so I'm debating bringing the umbralla stroller that we already have or renting a double one from either Orlando Stroller or Disney. My concerns are 1.) taking the stroller on the plane 2.) Actually needing a double stroller 3.) If we rent one from an outside facility having to tote it back and forth from the parks, onto the bus and back to the room. 4.) Cost of renting inside the park? HELP!!:confused3

We bought two cheap umbrella strollers with us for our first Disney trip with our 6 and 3 year olds. They were small and easy to fold. We just gate checked them on the airplane.

Our kids always fell asleep on the bus ride home from the parks. That was the best thing about having our own strollers. We just carried them off the bus and put them into their strollers. Then we could stop and grab a coffee and snack before heading back to our room and the kids were happily sleeping.

I would recommend renting a stroller from Orlando strollers, magic strollers, or apple scooters (they have a special deal right now). The strollers you get from these companies are going to be much more comfortable than an umbrella stroller or the ones you can get in the park.

As for your concern of bringing the stroller on the bus at the beginning or end of the day, these are the times we are happiest we have a stroller with us.....especially after a day in the parks it is nice to have a stroller to let the kids sit and relax while waiting for transportation at the park or getting from the buses back to your hotel room. Much easier to do this with a stroller than to have to carry children at the end of the day.

Also, considering the amount of walking you'll do each day, it may make sense to get a double stroller. (You know your 6 year old best, and will know if he/she needs it)

We have used off-site rentals for the past few years and have always been happy with the delivery, services, and products. The strollers you can rent (city mini single and double) are very easy to fold and unfold for the bus rides.

Good luck with your decision.

I would recommend renting a stroller from Orlando strollers, magic strollers, or apple scooters (they have a special deal right now). The strollers you get from these companies are going to be much more comfortable than an umbrella stroller or the ones you can get in the park.

As for your concern of bringing the stroller on the bus at the beginning or end of the day, these are the times we are happiest we have a stroller with us.....especially after a day in the parks it is nice to have a stroller to let the kids sit and relax while waiting for transportation at the park or getting from the buses back to your hotel room. Much easier to do this with a stroller than to have to carry children at the end of the day.

Also, considering the amount of walking you'll do each day, it may make sense to get a double stroller. (You know your 6 year old best, and will know if he/she needs it)

We have used off-site rentals for the past few years and have always been happy with the delivery, services, and products. The strollers you can rent (city mini single and double) are very easy to fold and unfold for the bus rides.

Good luck with your decision.

I just looked at apple scooters. Am I seeing it right that for up to 7 days it's free and all I have to pay is $7 per day for insurance? Seems to good to be true!

We bought two cheap umbrella strollers with us for our first Disney trip with our 6 and 3 year olds. They were small and easy to fold. We just gate checked them on the airplane.

Our kids always fell asleep on the bus ride home from the parks. That was the best thing about having our own strollers. We just carried them off the bus and put them into their strollers. Then we could stop and grab a coffee and snack before heading back to our room and the kids were happily sleeping.

I didn't even think about just grabbing another cheap umbrella stroller. thanks for the idea

I would recommend renting one from orlando strollers or somewhere because the strollers are more comfortable than the hard plastic ones in the park. Also remember it is a long way from the park entrance to the bus at the end of the night so it would be easier if you had a stroller that you could take back to the room with you. You will also have a stroller if you want to go to downtown disney or somewhere besides the park..

We ended up doing both...took dd5 and des 15month at the time. I brought our MacLaren for the baby in the airport, which is huge and we had a 6am flight. N way could we have carried him sleeping etc. we gate checked it with an orange bag we had for a bit of protection. When we got there we folded it in the closet and didn't tough til Orlando airport. We rented form kingdom strollers, got a fantastic double. Absolutely made the trip worth it, would have been so hard otherwise. We drove and stayed offsite, when we got on the parking trams usually my husband took the stroller, we had to sit in the first row to fit. Folded so easily...I did bring an ikea bag and threw all of the stuff we later packed into the nice storage...dh usually took that too I am glad he is strong! Si when we got through security we unpacked ikea bag threw everything in the storage pockets and off we went. nothing to carry all day! I think the Disney rentals looked awful! So expensive and hard, I would have absolutely hated wasting time renting at rope drop! The baby slept for 2 hours every day in the stroller, as it reclines fully and had great shade protection. Dd also napped one day! She never uses a stroller at home. Nw I disclaimer I am a blogger and was given our rental as a review but when we go again in November I am paying to rent form them. Was very happy and I honestly feel it saved our trip..not one meltdown form either kid!

My 3 yo is adamant that if we go back he wants a "hotel stroller" again (what he called the City Mini we rented last fall) and not his umbrella stroller from home. He hasn't ridden in a City Mini since leaving Disney, so he must really have liked it to keep telling me about it!
I'm doing the Apple Scooter deal as well. I'm a little nervous based on some comments on other boards, but the price is one-fourth what I'd pay from the other companies, so I'm willing to gamble. If you don't want to gamble, we had a great experience with Orlando Baby Wheels last time around.

We rented the city mini from apple scooters w/their current deal. Paid $31 total for 7 days. It was at bell services when we checked in and we left it there for pickup when we checked out. Had no problems what-so-ever. We have 5 children (youngest is 3) & we wished we would've found this stroller years ago. Easiest folding stroller ever. Our rental was brand new too. It was a home run for us!:)

Momof5cg said:
We rented the city mini from apple scooters w/their current deal. Paid $31 total for 7 days. It was at bell services when we checked in and we left it there for pickup when we checked out. Had no problems what-so-ever. We have 5 children (youngest is 3) & we wished we would've found this stroller years ago. Easiest folding stroller ever. Our rental was brand new too. It was a home run for us!:)

Thanks! I think I've decided to use them. Looks like it will cost us $44 for 7 days. The other sights I checked would be over $100. I asked my TA about them and she said they were a good company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter