Bring own garbage bags?

CWTC

Mouseketeer
What is current trash/tidy situation? We will be there in a month - do we need to bring own garbage bags still and own toilet paper?
Also, as a side note, I can’t believe I even need to ask this question.

thanks!!

Disney has been removing trash from our rooms every day, although there has been a day or two on some trips where we were missed.

Our last DVC stay was July 2021, with our next being for the 50th.

Why? I stay at the DVC resorts, so cannot comment on the other hotels. They would enter my room daily and empty the trash when I was there in May. There was always two rolls of toilet paper at a minimum and if I needed more (never did) I could ask one of the housekeepers I would see in the halls for it.

Thanks! I had seen elsewhere on boards that Disney resorts and DVCs in particular were not getting garbage bags, trash tidy, restocks etc.

I’m happy to not pack garbage bags, etc for beach club stay if I don’t have to.

We were at VGC and they did not pick up trash except on towel day......but there were extra bags and people just placed the full ones outside the door and they were picked up

We were there at the beginning of September and stayed at Poly, BLT and BCV. I was impressed with how clean each resort was after reading the contrary here on the boards. Our trash was collected almost daily and the one time it wasn't was because we declined it in favour of an afternoon nap!

I stayed in a 2 bedroom at BLT earlier this month. When I checked in, there were no bags in the kitchen trash cans. I called Housekeeping and they delivered some very quickly and emptied the trash. The housekeeper was surprised that there were no bags in the trash cans. I think it was just an oversight.

In August, we stayed in a 2 BR at VGF for a week, and then a 2 BR at BWV for a week. At VGF, once, while we were out, the towels were replaced and someone took all the trash. At BWV, someone knocked on the door every day, and asked for our trash. And once, again the towels were replace and all trash removed. Your mileage may very, but I do not think you need to bring bags and toilet paper. I did notice that there were not as many housekeeping carts in the hall during the day, as typically seen, so you have to call if you need something.

We brought trash bags and target bags for our stay in June . I had the kids put any food garbage in the target bag and we would throw it out on the way to the parks . Also we would pick up pool towels in case we didn’t get new ones . Never ran out of toilet paper . It wasn’t a problem for us with the limited housekeeping because we kept up with our room . It was kind of nice not having someone in there touching your things everyday .

Thanks everyone!! I had garbage bags etc on our packing list based on posts from several months ago but will remove from our list! We are used to non daily mousekeeping since we usually stay on points but wanted to make sure would get usual stuff etc and trash/tidy.

I just bring my own trash bags. The trash bins are too small and we have a baby in diapers.

We stayed at SSR in August and BWV this month, no bags in trash bins in the room.

We always pack garbage bags (tall kitchen) to put our dirty/damp clothes in, but have used the bags for bigger trash items. We also pack a couple rolls of our own TP. Something about Disney's 80 grit sandpaper, they call it TP, that we just don't agree with. Mousekeeping is usually on top of things but if we ever needed an item, we called and it was delivered in no time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter