Bring on the "Christmas Bash" or whatever they're going to call it! - UPDATE: Disney announced 7/12 - VERY MERRIEST! #Halfwaytotheholidays

Aside from whatever after hours Christmas thing they plan on doing this year... Is the MVMCP even worth it? That seems like a lot of money for just walking around and then seeing a Christmas parade with snow.

We thought it was well worth it. There is a lot more to it then the parade and snow. Nice getting on the rides with hardly any lines (I rode space mountain three times in a row with no wait). We enjoyed the included snacks, hot cocoa, the numerous events, and the lights.

We are going in December and I’m really hoping to go to whatever Christmas party they have as well. We’ve never done Christmastime before.

Why did Boo Bash sell out so quickly this year? Is it because of Covid end everyone is itching to get back? Or less dates or something? I guess I’ll have to keep an eye/ear out closely for anything Christmas related so I can be ready to buy.

I'm hoping they do away with this after hours party silliness next year and bring back the actual Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I'm not really sure I want to do it yet but apparently my wife is dying to do the Christmas party and not some watered down after hours thing.

We have our December trip booked in anticipation for a party or after hours event. We have done MNSSHP and the Villains After Hours event. DW went to MVMCP with her family in 2008, but I have never been to one. Hopefully news will come out soon whether it will be an after hours event or full blown party. Either way, we love WDW during the holiday season and will be purchasing tickets.

Last edited:
Hi all

quick question do you need a park ticket as well as a ticket for the Christmas Party? My friend is going with her girls and I am not sure of the answer for her.

Thanks

Hi all

quick question do you need a park ticket as well as a ticket for the Christmas Party? My friend is going with her girls and I am not sure of the answer for her.

Thanks

Whether it be the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party or whatever they come up with this year to replace it the ticket for that does not grant park admission before party entrance time. I think maybe 6:00 p.m. but I could be wrong. Long story short (too late) you don't need a park ticket if you were just going to the Christmas party but you won't be allowed to go into MK during normal operating hours that day.

Hi all

Thanks
They are separate tickets. If they just want to do the Christmas event, they can just buy a ticket for that. If it ends up being like the Halloween event this year, which starts at 9 or 9:30 in the evening, people holding event tickets will be allowed in around 7pm. But at the moment, no details for any kind of Christmas event have been released by Disney, so all of this info is subject to change on the whims of The Mouse 😆

Isn't there usually a Christmas in July blog post on DPB or Blog Mickey where they announce the Christmas stuff? I think they will announce in July, ticket sales August.

We aren’t arriving until 12/23 but hoping for return of storytellers and more at Epcot too. We cancelled last years Christmas trip and can’t wait to finally celebrate Christmas and NYE with the mouse.

Well...this is fabulous for DLP, I'd like some information on Disney WORLD, and I'd like it to start before Nov. 13th!!!

Knew we would miss party. Happy for holiday fireworks! Hoping for more for Epcot though.

What a disappointment, but, unfortunately, not unexpected. One of the greatest holiday ideas they ever had, the Castle Lights, now appear to have been thrown to the boneyard. And as of now, no mention of Candlelight Processional.

The chipping away at the magic continues…

mac_tlc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter