Bring case of bottled water from WDW?

peaches0313

DIS Veteran
Question! We are staying at a WDW resort before the cruise. I have read DCL will come get your luggage early in the AM. Does anyone know if they will also take a case of bottled water with your luggage? I have heard some bring waters on board but don't know how its done. Will DCL transfer it ( I have heard from some they do but these people I know drove so don't know if that makes a difference) or do people just stuff a few random bottles in the suitcase which I'd rather not do. I will be stuffing my 2 wine bottles already ;) Thanks!

Question! We are staying at a WDW resort before the cruise. I have read DCL will come get your luggage early in the AM. Does anyone know if they will also take a case of bottled water with your luggage? I have heard some bring waters on board but don't know how its done. Will DCL transfer it ( I have heard from some they do but these people I know drove so don't know if that makes a difference) or do people just stuff a few random bottles in the suitcase which I'd rather not do. I will be stuffing my 2 wine bottles already ;) Thanks!
Beverages (all beverages) must be carried onboard the ships. That is, in your hand carried luggage.

I doubt that they would take a case of water with your checked bags.

Just my $.02, but bringing a whole case of bottled water, in most cases, isn't really necessary. The water onboard the ships is processed the same as most bottled waters (reverse osmosis and filtered). We just bring our own personal, refillable, waterbottles and fill up in our room, or at the drink station.

Beverages (all beverages) must be carried onboard the ships. That is, in your hand carried luggage.

I doubt that they would take a case of water with your checked bags.

Just my $.02, but bringing a whole case of bottled water, in most cases, isn't really necessary. The water onboard the ships is processed the same as most bottled waters (reverse osmosis and filtered). We just bring our own personal, refillable, waterbottles and fill up in our room, or at the drink station.
Good to know, thanks! So if we did want to bring a few bottled waters, have them in a day bag (not the suitcase DCL will come pick up in the AM?)

Good to know, thanks! So if we did want to bring a few bottled waters, have them in a day bag (not the suitcase DCL will come pick up in the AM?)
WE will have a ton of snack credits to use up so may as well bring a few bottled waters anyways..

Luggage is picked up (generally) around 8:00 am. You must have everything packed and the bags waiting by the door (inside the room) at that time.

Luggage is picked up (generally) around 8:00 am. You must have everything packed and the bags waiting by the door (inside the room) at that time.
Even the ones we are carrying ourself? like a very large diaper bag? Not talking about our suitcase which will of course be packed up..

WE will have a ton of snack credits to use up so may as well bring a few bottled waters anyways..
IMHO, I would use those snack credits for rice crispy treats instead of bottled water. I second PrincessShmoo's comment that the water onboard the ships is fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

MUN

OP, your wine (and bottles of water) MUST be packed in your carry on bags, not in your checked suitcases that will be picked up by DCL in the morning. If any beverages are found in your checked suitcase they will be confiscated. Checked luggage goes through x-ray machines at the port behind the scenes.

MJ

IMHO, I would use those snack credits for rice crispy treats instead of bottled water. I second PrincessShmoo's comment that the water onboard the ships is fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

MUN
I don't know about that. It depends on where you are going on excursions. They sell water bottles as you walk off the ship for excursions. But if you have it with you and can chill it in the fridge I say bring it. The LAST thing you will need on the ship is snacks!! they are everywhere and free. You can of course get free drinks in cups before you go, but I like having water bottles on excursions. I was always annoyed that we had to pay for water bottles when going off the ship so if I had snack credits left from WDW that is what I would do! just my .02 cents!

OP, your wine (and bottles of water) MUST be packed in your carry on bags, not in your checked suitcases that will be picked up by DCL in the morning. If any beverages are found in your checked suitcase they will be confiscated. Checked luggage goes through x-ray machines at the port behind the scenes.

MJ
So same as airlines... will all sunscreen bottles etc also have to be in carry on's?

I don't know about that. It depends on where you are going on excursions. They sell water bottles as you walk off the ship for excursions. But if you have it with you and can chill it in the fridge I say bring it. The LAST thing you will need on the ship is snacks!! they are everywhere and free. You can of course get free drinks in cups before you go, but I like having water bottles on excursions. I was always annoyed that we had to pay for water bottles when going off the ship so if I had snack credits left from WDW that is what I would do! just my .02 cents!
That was my thought... as we are doing excursions. I just don't know how many bottles of water I can feasibly carry on myself in a bag between those and the wine bottles.. lol!

Even the ones we are carrying ourself? like a very large diaper bag? Not talking about our suitcase which will of course be packed up..

No, don't leave your carrryons out to be picked up. :)

So same as airlines... will all sunscreen bottles etc also have to be in carry on's?

Nope. Just beverages.

No, only beverages have to be in your carryon. Toiletries, sunscreen, etc. are fine in your checked luggage, although I always pack any liquids like that in ziplock bags.

Yep.

Your best bet is to take a carry on that has wheels...makes it much more manageable to carry on beverages. We use either a suitcase with wheels or a rolling duffel.

MJ

Yep.

But do make sure someone in your party can hoist the carryon up into the X-ray machine conveyor belt.

No, don't leave your carrryons out to be picked up. :)

But do make sure someone in your party can hoist the carryon up into the X-ray machine conveyor belt.

We hauled on several cases of Diet Dr. Pepper (DH is an addict) and used a collapsible hand truck. We unloaded the individual cases onto the conveyor belt, then reloaded them after the x-ray.

yes i understand it costs a few dollars more but isnt it worth it to get the preorder waters delivered to you room and they are all there when you get on? even if you dont preorder you can easily order it when you get on.

Trying to carry on a case of water from WDW to the port and then around the terminal and the boat until my room is ready sounds like an absolute nightmare.

and for all those refilling....please dont put your dirty cup up to the drink station! use a clean cup like the sign says. Might be one of my biggest skeevy observations on the boat.

yes i understand it costs a few dollars more but isnt it worth it to get the preorder waters delivered to you room and they are all there when you get on? even if you dont preorder you can easily order it when you get on.

Is there a special for preordering? Is the on board price ~$30 for a 24-pk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter