• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bring back the main street electrical parade!

DaMalfishentQuen

Earning My Ears
with the 20th anniversay there has been a lack of shows and parades with substance like the good old days, i'm guessing because of all the budget went on dreams? I hope this changes, I'd love to see the main street electrical parade back!!! Classic and still such a spectacle! wdw have it atm!
Anyway does anybody know of anything that is due to come aftet the 20th anniversary?

MSEP hasn't gone anywhere? Just isn't every night. Are you thinking of another show?

Nevermind...just noted that you are talking about DP! Sorry!

with the 20th anniversay there has been a lack of shows and parades with substance like the good old days,

not a single stage show for 2013

i'm guessing because of all the budget went on dreams?

this and a few other things

I hope this changes,

not in a foreseeable future

I'd love to see the main street electrical parade back!!! Classic and still such a spectacle! wdw have it atm!

it won't be coming back. It's been gone 10 years now. Floats have been sent to Honk Hong Disneyland, but were in such a bad shape (exposed to weather and not properly stored) that they've been scrapped and discarded.

MSEP was replaced by Fantillusion (brought from TokyoDisneyland) but only a few of the floats were brought to Paris. The show's been cancelled for 2013 and rumor has it that floats are not doing so well backstage

There is no hope whatsoever for a nightly parade in DLP in a foreseeable future.

Anyway does anybody know of anything that is due to come aftet the 20th anniversary?

budget cuts and more budget cuts.

I'm sorry if this answer is pessimistic and cynical, but that's the way many of us in France feel about our park, and it's not going in the right direction (hasn't been for the last 15 years)

I beg to differ - not all French feel the same :) And while we will never have the "old" days back, we are now becoming the older generation - our children are now the ones feeling how we once did 20 years with excitement and joy, as will their children when they grow up.

The sacrifices we are making on entertainment are ones that sometimes have to be made. I was truely gutted to loose Fantillusion, its "my" parade that I've shared with my own children and I have very special memories. But saying that, I'm looking forward to them sharing Dreams

The Studios will soon have Ratatouille, which in itself costs a fair few bucks. Personally, I'd like to see expansion and growth in the parks to pull in new guests - I miss the shows like crazy, but in also accept that times change and move on. Tomorrows children will still go to Disney and be spellbound :)

Tomorrows children will still go to Disney and be spellbound :)

yes they will, if they can afford a return ticket to Anaheim, Orlando, Tokyo or Shangai ...

But the sad truth is that, DLP's situation will not improve, despite ratatouille, despite everybody's wishful thinking.
TWDC does not want DLP to make profit. If it did, TDWC would make less money out of DLP and would need to invest ...
If you think there is a chance for DLP to ever get better, think again. Only way it's going to happen is that it goes bankrupt and TDWC transforms the debt into shares and get absolute power.
Anyway you look at it, that's gonna hurt a some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter