• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bring back the good o' days, Things ..........

Talk about dating myself...

I had the Farrah head.

Samantha

And THANK YOU to whoever came up with the name of the TIFFANY TAYLOR doll. I was driving myself insane trying to retrieve that from the depths of my gray matter.

Yes it was I who came up with Tiffany Taylor........now ask me where the crap my car keys are and i have no clue......:rolleyes1

I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

But I'm stumped on the other ones. I stopped watching Brady Bunch when that kid came.

I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

But I'm stumped on the other ones. I stopped watching Brady Bunch when that kid came.

Good try so far! And yes, when the new boy came to the Brady Bunch the show had definitely "jumped the shark."

Anyone else want to try on the trivia?

Just remembered a couple more...

Dr. Dimento, fish heads fish heads rolly polly fish heads eat them up yum!

Does anyone in NJ/NY remember The Uncle Floyd Show?

And some game I can't remember the name...it had a long board/box with a median and you had to roll these silver marbles that had either red or blue plastic ring around it, bounce off the back of the box around the median into a score area?

The Dr. is in! With Laughing Linda, and the funny five. Featuring tonite's #1 song, "Pencil Neck Geek."

Pencil Neck Geek
by Freddie Blassie

Back when I was a kid, life was going swell.
Till something happened, blew every thing to hell.
That night my daddy stumbled in, all pale and weak,
Said "A woman up the block just gave birth to a geek."

Mom said, "Sell it to the circus, what the heck."
Dad said, "Nope, this one's a pencil neck.
And if there's one thing lower than a side show freak,
It's a grit eatin', scum suckin', pencil neck geek."

You see if you take a pencil that won't hold lead,
Looks like a pipe cleaner atached to a head,
Add a buggy whip body with a brain that leaks,
You got yourself a grit eatin', pencil neck geek.

(chorus)
Pencil neck geek, grit eatin' freak,
scum suckin', pea head with a lousy physique.
He's a one man, no gut, loosing streak.
Nothin' but a pencil neck geek.

Soon the geeks were poppin' up all over town.
You couldn't hardly sneeze without knockin' one down.
After a nice juicy steak, if you need a toothpick,
Just reach for a geek, they'll do the trick.

One day we cut one up for fish bait.
Learned our lesson just a little bit late.
Soon as the geek hit the drink, the water turned red.
Next day, sure enough, all the fish were dead.

chorus

Most any night you know where I can be found.
Yeah, stomping some geek's head into the ground.
So keep the faith 'cause in Blassie you can trust,
I won't give up 'til the last geek bites the dust.

chorus

They say, "these geeks come a dime a dozen."
I'm lookin' for the guy who's supplin' the dimes.
Its gonna be real hard times for all of these
grit eatin',
scum suckin',
boot lickin',
drop kickin',
gut grindin',
nail bitin',
glue sniffin',
scab pickin',
butt scratchin',
egg hatchin',
sleezy,
smelly,
pepper bellied,
dirty, lousy, rotten, stinkin', freaks.
Nothing but a pencil neck geek.

Yeah I guess I remember. :lmao: And Uncle Floyd too. And open-header street racing on Ocean Ave in Asbury Park, hanging at Mrs. J's and the Pony, sleeping on the beach and eating breakfast at Pat's Diner in Belmar... H, yes, I DO remember. :)

Former SPUD player here...now that you reminded me about it I think we will try to bring it back to life in our neighborhood this weekend. My DD's are game so hopefully it will catch on and we can get all these kids moving!!

Ok but how are the numbers assigned? It's coming back to me a little but still kinda fuzzy. Thanks

Okay, here are some trivia questions for you oldies (no cheating):

What was the name of the little boy who came to live with the Brady Bunch?

Was it Oliver on the Brady Bunch?

Did anyone else have a Baby Beans? Hot pink dressed doll stuffed with beans. I found mine in my cedar chest last week. I loved her. My daughters weren't impressed.

What about the doll named "Velvet" who wore a velvet dress and her hair grew when you pushed her belly button and you could make her hair short again with a dial on her back?

I was born in 1967.

I was born in 1967.

Yes, you got that one (Oliver)! There are three questions left that haven't been answered:

What was the name of the password that Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble used to get into the Water Buffalo Lodge?

What were the names of the ape boy and the T-Rex from Land of the Lost?

Who is Mason Reese?

Yes, you got that one (Oliver)! There are three questions left that haven't been answered:

What was the name of the password that Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble used to get into the Water Buffalo Lodge? Goink, goink, goink while placing hands by ears and waving them???
What were the names of the ape boy and the T-Rex from Land of the Lost? no clue???

Who is Mason Reese?
Red haired kid from deviled ham commercials?

What about playing Red Rover, Red Rover let ____ come over.

Did anyone else have a Baby Beans? Hot pink dressed doll stuffed with beans. I found mine in my cedar chest last week. I loved her. My daughters weren't impressed.

What about the doll named "Velvet" who wore a velvet dress and her hair grew when you pushed her belly button and you could make her hair short again with a dial on her back?

I was born in 1967.

pam i had a velvet doll, in a purple velvet dress with dark hair i think...........i was born in 1966

Yeah! All but one of the trivia questions were answered. The answer to the Flintstones questions regarding the password to get into the Water Buffalo lodge was... "Ak-aka-dak." :thumbsup2

Yes, I have a Baby Beans. In fact she got lost on our way home from Disney in 1976. My mother said I cried for a week until she was mailed home. My daughter wasn't impressed with her either.

I was born in 1967.

I still have my Baby Beans! Mine had the blue p.j.s though. The drawstring still works too..."Play Patty Cake", "Go bye bye", "I'm sleepy"..... My sons weren't impressed either...:rotfl2:

Do any of you remember Baby That-away? She crawled....mine never worked right....her one knee bent fine, but the other one just sort of dragged along...

Remember when Cabbage Patch kids were the it toy and people actually fought in line to get one. I have 2 till this day in my guest room.:goodvibes I hear Rubik's cube is making a comeback. My kids get a kick out of the old commercials that sometimes air- Life with the original Mikey, Tootsie roll pop with the owl.

OK, ladies how many like Menudo? I'll admit I was one of them. :rotfl2: Saw them in concert 5 times, which my mom had to drop us off (4 girls) and pick us up on the dot or there would be he-- to pay!!!!

One thing I swore I would never do until DS number 2 came along was water-downed the hand soap. I hated when my mom did that. Now I know why. My little one has an obsession with "foamies" I found "foamies" all over the place and the new soap container 1/2 empty.

I am really surprised these two have not come up...

Mister Rogers (It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...)

&

Bozo (Bozo buckets!)

OK, ladies how many like Menudo? I'll admit I was one of them. :rotfl2: Saw them in concert 5 times, which my mom had to drop us off (4 girls) and pick us up on the dot or there would be he-- to pay!!!!

I was a little bit older when Menudo came out--
I went to see David Cassidy in concert when I was about 8.

Then when I was old enough to drive went to see Steve Perry with Journey and I remember a really "COOL" concert I went to see with Rick Springfield:faint:
openned by Cory Heart( I wear my sunglasses at night Guy)

You guys beat me to the answers. I never miss a day on the boards and I missed yesterday.

New trivia- Who(what were they called) were the lizard looking people on land of the lost??

What was Cindy's dolls nome on the Brady Bunch??

sheslak or celak don't know the correct spelling. But who was the one who could talk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter