• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bring back the death penalty

I think this week will start a spate of 'what is the world coming to?' there are also reports of a 15 year old being shot dead in his bed and a 5 year old being involved in a mugging - actually DOING IT not a victim of it :confused3 As a parent I'm despairing, what can we as a society do? NOTHING seems to work :confused3 the man that went mad in a mall in America this week and got shot for his trouble, its all well and good that he's now off this mortal coil but no recompense for the families of those poor victims.
sorry, I feel a bit 'weight of the world on my shoulders' a bit now, and am probably just picking up on all the really depressing news stories

Put him in a room with the girl's family, no weapons - just them and then chop his bits off, with a blunt knife!!

It appears that he is one of the girls family as the BBC are claiming he is the poor girl's uncle.

Susan

How could any person do that?
A 2 year old for GOD's sake!

I would really like to say how I feel about this sick SOB, but would probably be banned

String him up, bring back the death penalty for these scum

A VERY angry father of a five year old.

bring it back, but this goverment will never listen to the will of the people thats why they wont have a vote on it

Were was the mother while her daughter was been murdered? Who was supposed to be caring for her?

I feel for everyone except the killler/phedophile (sp?) but on the news details are very limited, without a cause of death or what happened prior to the incident been discussed and two of the three men arrested have been realised and the third hasnt been charged with anything

:sad2:

Yes I would do that as I have a moral black and white line ,it is wrong to kill. You would argue it is ok to kill as long as you make the decision.

killing someone, is always black and white where there is no chance of error, hang them, i would gladly pull the switch

Just announced....

Strangled, possibly by her uncle :sad2:

It's such a sad story, its difficult to wrap my brain around it. :sad2:

I guess I am for the death penalty when things like this happen but my head knows that too many mistakes have been made in the past and one innocent life taken is not worth the killing of 100 'worthless' ones. So if I had to vote for it, i'd have to vote against it.

I would say DEATH PENALTY yes it should be brought back.
This is sooo horrible.

I sit here looking into my little girls eyes,she is 2 in June, she is soo tiny,dainty and loveable, shes soo small, she doesnt know anything, Beautiful and a baby,How can anyone harm or do such horrible things to such a innocent human being? soo young, no need to die soo young.
It scares me, I also have a 7year old and it worries me this day and age what will be next its ok for rapists to rape a child and then get banged up for a few years and re-released around someone elses poor child. Come on its like slapping them on the bum and saying Ok mate 8 years and your back out again.

Im sorry if I come across confused or not as knowleged as you all.
But when I look into my baby girls eyes to read such horrible stories it makes me sick to my stomach, I would personally want to murder anyone who touched my children.

RIP little one.

It's such a sad story, its difficult to wrap my brain around it. :sad2:

I guess I am for the death penalty when things like this happen but my head knows that too many mistakes have been made in the past and one innocent life taken is not worth the killing of 100 'worthless' ones. So if I had to vote for it, i'd have to vote against it.

Such a tragedy, and an awful thing to happen. I really find it hard to believe another human being is capable of this.

I actually think there is more of an argument for the death penalty now than there ever was because a lot of the mistakes were due to lack of forensic technology that is now readily available. DNA progress and new technologies often mean the 'guesswork' is taken away. That's of course not saying that there could never be a mistake, but it is far less likely. I for one firmly believe people convicted of these types of offences already have a huge debt to society, without keeping them locked up for decades at a huge financial cost for the taxpayer.

When I was younger I very much had a black and white outlook. I was pretty opinionated! The older I get, the more open-minded and less judgemental I become. Whilst this news is shocking and sad, and I can see the arguments on both sides, fundamentally, something tells me the dealth penalty is wrong.

Horrible, horrible news.

I dont believe in the death penalty - ever. However, I DO think that jail should mean hard bl**dy labour for people like this. Basic rations - bread & water, a mattress and a blanket, a toilet they have to clean. No sky flippin telly, drugs on demand and hot dinners. Let the toe rags break rocks all day - anything, just as long as they remember every day they are suffering, what they did and that the families are suffering more. Send every teenager in the country to witness these "facilities" and the punishments they will face and I bet crime would go down pretty quick.

Let jail be something people are scared of - VERY scared of. Unfortunately, to many lefty do gooders pleading about the "human rights" of these scumbags. From my point of view, you lose all of your "rights" when you CHOOSE to commit an act like this.

The sad fact of the matter (and I started this topic!!) is that it does not matter what we think anymore.

Under the Human Rights legislation we are commited to and is enshrined in UK law now, you cannot treat criminals the way we would want to, they have to be kept warm, fed three hot meals, clothed well etc.. as to viloate their human rights would mean the government being brought up before the European court of Justice and the criminals being paid vast sums of our taxpayers money. (see the drug users who took the country to court over having to go cold turkey!) The Human rights of the criminal are worth more than the rights of the victim it seems

Secondly, and this for me is absolutly terrible, as we have signed up to the European Community and accepted EU laws in many areas, one is that no member of the EU will have the death penalty in its law.

We have given away the right to choose our own laws. :confused3

Whilst I know that if it was my child who was harmed I would never reach any sort of peace until I could wipe the blood off my hands of the person who harmed him, I do agree that there is something fundamentally wrong with the death penalty, We have fought (and won) wars against dictators and regimes to ensure we live in a civilised society, we judge how civilised a society is by how well they treat its criminals. It has been proven that the death penalty, unfortunately does not deter such sick and evil minds,who do their evil deeds for reasons only known to themselves, they are not fit to be reasoned with - there is NO reasoning behind such evil intent.
Are such people born evil? thats a whole different debate and I do believe its has to be down to some evil genetic mutation, or in the least, a real mental imbalance to make someone consider such an act. If they tested all our babies at birth and informed us OUR children had that bad gene, would we consider having them put down? of course not, we would try our damndest to instill right from wrong and pray that they would never, if tempted, act out any such deed. If they ever did then we would probably blame ourselves, in the same way the parents of those evil men probably will.
There is no easy solution, there never will be, unfortunately evil lives amongst us all, we just have to try and find a way to protect our own kids from it.
it is still terribly sad :sad2: :sad1:

Whilst I know that if it was my child who was harmed I would never reach any sort of peace until I could wipe the blood off my hands of the person who harmed him, I do agree that there is something fundamentally wrong with the death penalty, We have fought (and won) wars against dictators and regimes to ensure we live in a civilised society, we judge how civilised a society is by how well they treat its criminals. It has been proven that the death penalty, unfortunately does not deter such sick and evil minds,who do their evil deeds for reasons only known to themselves, they are not fit to be reasoned with - there is NO reasoning behind such evil intent.
Are such people born evil? thats a whole different debate and I do believe its has to be down to some evil genetic mutation, or in the least, a real mental imbalance to make someone consider such an act. If they tested all our babies at birth and informed us OUR children had that bad gene, would we consider having them put down? of course not, we would try our damndest to instill right from wrong and pray that they would never, if tempted, act out any such deed. If they ever did then we would probably blame ourselves, in the same way the parents of those evil men probably will.
There is no easy solution, there never will be, unfortunately evil lives amongst us all, we just have to try and find a way to protect our own kids from it.
it is still terribly sad :sad2: :sad1:

I agree with this, I don't believe that the death penalty is the answer, I think Aliie5 has it right with her idea of what a prison should really be like! I can understand the argument about how much it costs to house the criminals but even with the death penalty they are in prison for years, I read somewhere once that in certain states in the USA a murderer is more likely of old age than actually be electrocuted!! I think as Carol said, how can we fight wars against people who kill and then justify killing them ourselves??

The sad fact of the matter (and I started this topic!!) is that it does not matter what we think anymore.

Under the Human Rights legislation we are commited to and is enshrined in UK law now, you cannot treat criminals the way we would want to, they have to be kept warm, fed three hot meals, clothed well etc.. as to viloate their human rights would mean the government being brought up before the European court of Justice and the criminals being paid vast sums of our taxpayers money. (see the drug users who took the country to court over having to go cold turkey!) The Human rights of the criminal are worth more than the rights of the victim it seems

Secondly, and this for me is absolutly terrible, as we have signed up to the European Community and accepted EU laws in many areas, one is that no member of the EU will have the death penalty in its law.

We have given away the right to choose our own laws. :confused3

What Obi says here speaks volumes.

Oh i so agree with a lot of what hes says

Out with the liberal do gooders, if we were to have a referendum on the death penalty tomorrow it would win hands down. we all know that but it wont win votes

I for one thought the day we went into europe was the day we signed our heritage away

have innocent people got rights sometimes i wonder

the guy that carried out this unspeakable assault is the same age as my daughter, you cant help wondering how he was brought up.

We as a nation and a society are going wrong somewhere. I dont have all the answers but would like to think that i for one am and have brought my children up to the best of my ability. Is one of the answers parenting classes i dont know?

I just help thinking that this is happening more and more regularly, to the point that it may not even make front page news. now how bad is that

Obi may the force be with you

Do you really think parenting classes would stop paedophilia? I don't, I'm pretty sure the last demographic on this terrible crime showed mainly white middle class men. Travel charities such as The Travel Foundation by First Choice holidays (of which you voluntarily give 40p per person when booking a holiday with them) help fight against child sex trafficking, the statistics of men who travel abroad from this country to have sex - knowingly or unknowingly - with underage children, are very frightening indeed. Whilst I agree that as a society we are generally letting our children down by not educating parents well enough how to bring up their kids, I think evil like this is so deep rooted a parent could never influence their offsprings decision enough.
BTW I am not a bleeding heart liberal and stand by the fact that if it was my child, there'd be no solution painful enough.

I could not believe this story when I read it, absolutely horrific. What sick, twisted excuse of a man is this person? More importantly, why did so many people seem to be involved (ie not do anything about it:confused3] and, like someone else has said - where the heck where the parent/s?

One can only hope that this sicko gets the same as he gave once he gets in jail . . . . that is assuming he actually gets convicted and doesn't get let off because "he had an abused background", "didn't go to school", or whatever pathetic excuse the do-gooders find to get these people off.

Calming down, blood pressure returning to normal . . . .

This is such an awful situation. I do agree with the death penalty if it is proven, without doubt, the person is guilty. I think these days that is much more likely with forensic advances. I would not want a person wrongly found guilty and executed but I have to say if it were my child I don't think I could rest until the person was dead. Harsh words but I think every parent feels that way about their child. If this man is sent to prison however I don't think he'll last too long - hopefully not if there is any justice. I hope that poor child is at peace now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter