Brigitte's PTR...Wish Trip. MAW/AKL April 24th-May 5th

Count me in as yet another obsessive Disney planner!!! And from me, the quintessential 'wing-it' woman...................I've never planned a trip in my life and still won't UNLESS it's to Disney. I generally love to just fly by the seat of my pants but I can't imagine I will ever not plan a Disney trip....there's just too much to do and too much to see and still soooo much I don't even know about. Today I started planning for our Spring trip and then when we come back from that I intend to start thinking about our December trip. My house will never get cleaned:rotfl:

Funny that Brigette isn't taking to the princesses. Don't give up you've still got time for some successful brainwashing:laughing:

Pamela:santa:
Matty's Wish Trip PTR "http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Man" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

Ohh Your plans sound great! I so wish we had time for a lazy, swimming day! I am so with you on being obsessed with the planning. I am on here way to often.
Disney on Ice sounds so cool. Do you have any pics??

Add me in there too! I have been reading and reading and reading these boards :rotfl2: Im trying to fit a pool day in as well. I think I will do the first and last day. I have dtd on the last day but not sure we will really "need" to go there.

Very cool...where are you going? I am in a nursing program too and I LOVE IT...won't finish until next June, but I am going part time.
:

Dmbfan -- That is awesome that you are going too!! I loved it! I actually graduated 4 years ago, but was pregnant and with four kids under 6? No chance of me working then. Now with Noah's medical needs and homeschooling, I'll be keeping my practice to just the 4 patients I already have....;) That said, I still want to keep my license active, so you have to do CE's every 2 years. Mind you, you have TWO YEARS to do them.....but mine are due in 2 weeks :eek: and I just finished my first one. Why oh why do I procrastinate so???
:rolleyes:

Oh, wait, Shannon...isn't it because we would rather keep planning our trips?? :yay:

Mickey has that way about him!! :mickeyjum

Hi everyone!!

Just wanted to let you know that we are all still alive and kickin'!!! Nothing new has been going on.....just staying busy!!!:)

I haven't had any contact with our MAW reps, so nothing new is transpiring!! Just counting down the days. We are sooooo excited. :banana:

It really will be here soon. Brenna and Jake are keeping us busy. Brenna is involved with and All-Star Cheering squad and has 3 competitions coming up!! Jake just tried out for an AAU baseball team..he did make it. So that means practices twice a week. He is in a 3 day tournament in RI at the end of March, then 2wks later another 3 day tournament in NY. Yikes!!! :scared1:

So, lots of things to keep us occupied and making the time go by faster!!

Miss Brigitte is doing well. She gained a bunch of weight last week, but managed to lose it all and more when we weighed her this week. I just can't figure it out. I was so hoping we would be able to have her central line pulled by the time we went to Disney, but its not looking that good anymore. :sad1:

I have been working my butt off trying to lose some weight before this trip and am very happy to say I have lost 10lbs.!!! :woohoo: I feel great!! It has given me so much incentive to stick with it and keep going!! If I could lose another 10, I would be thrilled!! Fingers crossed!!!

I am enjoying following eveyones PTR's...can't wait to finally get another TR from a wish family soon!!!

Me again!!! :goodvibes

So, Brigitte's MAW co-ordinator called today to let me know about our accomodations at AKL!! I almost fell on the floor :rotfl:!! We are staying in a 2br Villa at Kidani Village. :dance3: :cheer2: I seriously can't even believe it!!

This makes packing etc....so much easier!! I am seriously going to get all 4 kids things in one suitcase. I LOVE that we have the washer and dryer now!!

I am simply thrilled!! Just wanted to share!!

:cool1: That sounds fabulous!! Sorry about Bridgette's weight loss. I hope they can get it worked out. :hug:
:banana: good job on the weight loss. I've been working out like crazy but havent been weighing myself.

Great job on the weight loss. I can't seem to get past where I am but not giving up yet.
What great accommodations! Having the ability to wash certainly makes things easier too.

That's so exciting!! I can't wait to see AKL! I've never been there, but we'll be visiting for dinner in April. Congratulations!! :cool1:

:cool1: Ooh I can't wait to see pictures of AKL! We are getting ready to work on losing weight too! I have gained more wieght this winter arg!!

I would love to hear your secrete on packing 4 kids worth of things into one suitcase even though they have a washer and dryer;) Please do share. I was bursting just with 2! lol I am not a good packer:rotfl2:

That's AWESOME about AKL :-) I was just reading your posts.. My daughter, Ashley, with Apert Syndrome is getting a wish on a Disney Cruise :-) Still waiting on dates for this Spring :-)

Ok you guys...so I am not one to typically freak out about things. I'm pretty laid back most of the time....some have said "too laid back"!!!

Anyway, I need some reassurance from all of you to get me off the ledge right now!!! :scared1:

We are leaving for Brigitte's wish trip the first day of NH school vacation week....In other words, Manchester Airport is going to be a nightmare!! We have been blessed to get a direct flight down at a great a time...leaving MHT at 10:40, arriving MCO at 1:40pm. BUT...its on Southwest!!! The flight is completely sold out. I HATE their "open seating" policy....and apparently so does their customer base. They have implemented an Early Bird Check In...but of course for a fee..10.00 a person to get priority boarding passes. I have an email into our MAW chapter to see if they did this for us or not. Having said that...I know that I will be able to pre-board with Brigitte since she is handicapped, and also with Sean (6) who has peanut allergies. Severe peanut allergies. We typically try to get the front row of seats to limit his exposure to any other passengers possibly bringing peanut products on the plane. Sitting here isn't a guarantee though..like I said, we've gotten "lucky" before. This also means that Bryan and the other 2 kids will have to wait and board between the A and B group...liklihood of getting 3 seats together, pretty slim. I don't feel that Brenna (9) is really old enough to sit alone, and even if she was, she wouldn't be comfortable sitting by herself.

Ugggghhh!!! I hate this!! I have heard of the nasty looks people get by getting preferential treatment in the parks..and I would imagine that it would be even worse at the airport. Do you know if the airlines (or specifically SW) make exceptions for Wish families?? I plan on having all of us wearing our MAW shirts (hint, hint..wink, wink) to the airport....but just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences with this???

It will likely turn out fine..it is what it is, right?? I just wondered!!!

Thanks!!

We almost always fly Southwest out of Manchester & have been able to pre-board our whole family (just 4 of us) based on Alex's autism. I didn't realize they would split up the family and have half pre-board and have the other half wait.

I suppose you could pay the early-bird check-in for Bryan and the other two kids... :confused3 If you check-in online right at the 24 hour mark you should be able to get "A" boarding passes... but I might be nervous about it too, now that they offer early check-in.

Can you pre-board 3 of you and take up two rows... I suppose you'd have to let someone sit there if they asked, but most likely, if you look like you are still getting settled in, people will walk right by you seeking an open row.

I know what you mean about the looks... I always make sure I have on some sort of autism awareness clothes (shirt or hat) or carry my "I love someone with autism" bag. Good plan to wear the MAW shirts!

Good Luck!! We'll be flying out a couple days ahead of you on Thursday.

Hi Shannon, I dont know what to say as I am not really a flyer. I didnt even know they had open seating. :confused3 I would think that they would work with you somehow to make sure the kids are all seated with a parent at the very least. I hope you can get it figured out and MAW did get you the early boarding. :hug:

Let them know you are a Wish Family when you get to the gate. I know that not only do they sometimes let Wish families board first, but the pilot will often recognize the wish kid during the flight. I'd just nonchalantly tell them that my child is special needs and on her wish trip and ask if the family will be able to board toward the beginning. Never hurts to ask, right?

I would try to get to the airport at the acceptable time, before it gets crazy busy at the desk. Talk to the person about the two special needs and your need to pre-board both parents, one with each kid. Obviously you can't have unattended children waiting alone to board. You should be fine.

Hi Shannon,

Just started reading tonight and your familys story is heart wreching. Your original post brought tears to my eyes. Im so sorry for your daughters health conditions but I am so happy that you all are getting this oppurtunity through MAW. It will be such a wonderful experience for all of you Im sure. Im excited to keep reading and find out how amazing this vacation will be for you all in the end!!!

Ok you guys...so I am not one to typically freak out about things. I'm pretty laid back most of the time....some have said "too laid back"!!!

Anyway, I need some reassurance from all of you to get me off the ledge right now!!! :scared1:

We are leaving for Brigitte's wish trip the first day of NH school vacation week....In other words, Manchester Airport is going to be a nightmare!! We have been blessed to get a direct flight down at a great a time...leaving MHT at 10:40, arriving MCO at 1:40pm. BUT...its on Southwest!!! The flight is completely sold out. I HATE their "open seating" policy....and apparently so does their customer base. They have implemented an Early Bird Check In...but of course for a fee..10.00 a person to get priority boarding passes. I have an email into our MAW chapter to see if they did this for us or not. Having said that...I know that I will be able to pre-board with Brigitte since she is handicapped, and also with Sean (6) who has peanut allergies. Severe peanut allergies. We typically try to get the front row of seats to limit his exposure to any other passengers possibly bringing peanut products on the plane. Sitting here isn't a guarantee though..like I said, we've gotten "lucky" before. This also means that Bryan and the other 2 kids will have to wait and board between the A and B group...liklihood of getting 3 seats together, pretty slim. I don't feel that Brenna (9) is really old enough to sit alone, and even if she was, she wouldn't be comfortable sitting by herself.

Ugggghhh!!! I hate this!! I have heard of the nasty looks people get by getting preferential treatment in the parks..and I would imagine that it would be even worse at the airport. Do you know if the airlines (or specifically SW) make exceptions for Wish families?? I plan on having all of us wearing our MAW shirts (hint, hint..wink, wink) to the airport....but just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences with this???

It will likely turn out fine..it is what it is, right?? I just wondered!!!

Thanks!!

I have similar concerns, particularly since I HATE flying and can't imagine being solely responsible for the girls should we get separated. I think we may just suck it up and pay the $10/person fee to guarantee that we are all together. Though it stinks - I feel like we should all be together by default, but whatever. There are just as many other families who could make the same argument. I think Christine just flew Southwest, so I'll be interested to hear of her experience when she returns.

I hope that you guys are all doing well!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter