Brief Vent

NewmanFamily6

DIS Veteran
After attempting to get through all day yesterday I was never able to get through on the phone but I did get the website to work. I know I put in my dates 8/30-9/5 and Boardwalk Villas was available. Today my confirmation has the dates incorrect as 8/28-9/3. After many attempts to call because I couldn't modify the dates on line I am on an estimated hold time of 90 minutes. When I quote my correct dates Boardwalk Villas is not an option. My DH detests SSR and we have been to OKW a lot. We wanted to try something different. Please give me suggestions on how to appropriately handle this. I am very frustrated.

I don't know what kind of direction you're looking for? Are the dates also wrong on MDE?

The only thing Disney will do is check what's available now, but they'll assume you out the dates in wrong yourself.

I would book whatever is available for your dates and keep checking for openings elsewhere.

That is easy to assume that I made the error but many people had glitches in the system yesterday. Yes MDE is showing today with the incorrect dates. I will just see what I am working with when I finally have a person to speak with.

Frustrating! That happened to us once, and I was 99.9% sure I had entered the dates correctly, but as stated above once I got through there was nothing they could do since what I intended to bookwas not available. I was able to waitlist what I wanted, and it did eventually come through, hopefully you will be just as lucky. I'm thinking I should take screen shots at each step of the booking process online from now on.

Good luck!

Don't stress. Try next week when things calm down. Lots of TA's have holds on things now and they will let them go and you will be able to get what you want. Don't waste that much time on hold or stressing yourself out.

Screen shots from here on out. Asking me what I am look for isn't helpful. I just want to be diplomatic in my approach. Obviously, if I tried to book Boardwalk then I wasn't interested in OKW or SSR.

How would they be expected to know that if you tried to book Boardwalk you wouldn't be interested in SSR or OKW?

When they get on the phone just tell them you want to book Boardwalk Villas and only Boardwalk Villas, and here are your dates. They can tell you whether it is available or not.

I plan on doing just that and seeing what the alternatives might be. I will also speak to guest services to see what can be done or call frequently to change if I do not care for the alternatives. I just think that glitches do happen during this time and when they do it should not fall on the customer to have to spend hours calling trying to rectify it. As previously mentioned I will screen shot things from now on. Sad but reality.

That is easy to assume that I made the error but many people had glitches in the system yesterday. Yes MDE is showing today with the incorrect dates. I will just see what I am working with when I finally have a person to speak with.

I wasn't trying to imply you did, but that's what they'll do. And there's no way for you to prove it didn't happen that way.

I don't know if many people had glitches making their dates wrong, but if so you'd probably have a better chance of getting what you want. I haven't seen that reported though.

Well your getting closer to an answer. I hope they will come up with something for you, but have a feeling they are going to claim it was your error when inputting dates. Did you look at the dates step by step and at the end when they ask you to confirm everything before booking? If so, I would say yet another glitch.

Are you trying to book though DVC? BWV is available through Member Services right now.

There were huge glitches all day with the DVC system, there are threads about it. Will Disney admit that? Doubtful. I personally couldn't get online most of the morning, and online chat was a minimum of 58 min. wait, and over 40 min. on the phone. Someone attributed to the release of FD clogging up the Disney IT as a whole, plus there were glitches with the DVC release of the Alex & Ani bracelet yesterday too ( I THINK I ordereed one lol!) I got kicked out of trying to do a waitlist 4 times so I gave up, it wasn't anything of major importance. Kept getting the Page Not Found 404 error or just my cursor spinning, spinning, spinning for up to 20 min. at a time. Good luck & let us know how you make out!

Hope you aren't trying to book free dining through the DVC website. No free dining with DVC points stays.

Yes I checked the dates and nope not through DVC. We saw an opportunity for something new and booked our lone large vacation. After 2.5 hours and the CM returning with Guest Services says "there is nothing they can do" we are in AKV Kidani. OKW and SSR are not equivalent in my opinion to Boardwalk. I have sent an email to guest relations myself on the matter.

Yes I checked the dates and nope not through DVC. We saw an opportunity for something new and booked our lone large vacation. After 2.5 hours and the CM returning with Guest Services says "there is nothing they can do" we are in AKV Kidani. OKW and SSR are not equivalent in my opinion to Boardwalk. I have sent an email to guest relations myself on the matter.

And you should keep looking, Disney service isn't like it once was, you may find your dates available if you keep looking, it's a pita, and Kindani is a great place too.

Screen shots from here on out. Asking me what I am look for isn't helpful. I just want to be diplomatic in my approach. Obviously, if I tried to book Boardwalk then I wasn't interested in OKW or SSR.
Screen shots won't prove anything. Maybe, possibly, a video of your computer through the entire booking procees - but unlikely anyone assciated with Walt Disney World would open an unsolicited attachment. Would you?
I plan on doing just that and seeing what the alternatives might be. I will also speak to guest services to see what can be done or call frequently to change if I do not care for the alternatives. I just think that glitches do happen during this time and when they do it should not fall on the customer to have to spend hours calling trying to rectify it. As previously mentioned I will screen shot things from now on. Sad but reality.
LisaCM614 offered excellent advice. Wait a few days, even a week, until the feeding frenzy dies down.

I understand the concept of screen shotting or videoing the booking process, but if there is no availability, there is no availability. Disney could possibly put you somewhere else you wanted to stay but it doesn't sound like you want to stay anywhere else. Good luck with whatever you do.

I'm going to plug SnagIt here. It has been well worth every penny. I screenshot and record everything I need to save.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter