• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brief review of our TS last week

deedeetoo

DIS Veteran
We were 5 people: DH, DD8 turning 9 on last day of the trip, and DS6, my mom and me. All our TS were at dinner. Here is a brief review of where we ate:

Whispering Canyon: Food A, Service A, Atmosphere A+. Antics were the best we have ever had. We love doing this as a first night dinner. Food and service were great.

Boma: Food A, Service B, Atmosphere A. This is one of our favorite restaurants. We love all the different soups and salad/veggie preparations. Service could have been a bit better, had to search for the waiter to get drink refills.

Wolfgang Puck: Food A, Service C-, Atmosphere B. This is the only place we ate this trip that we all agreed we would not go back to. Food was fine, but service was really poor. Waitress would disappear for long stretches and there were huge waits between appetizer and entrees and then between entrées and desserts.

1900 Park Fare: Food B, Service A, Atmosphere B. We were mixed on this one. DH loved the food, my mom and I didn’t. All the characters came around in the first ten minutes. It was obvious they were coming so we stayed at the table and met all of characters before we even got food. It made for a much more pleasant dinner. We did get several repeat visits while we were eating but because we had already seen them it was just quick hellos rather than disrupting the meal to get autographs and pictures.

Coral Reef: Food A, Service A, Atmosphere A. This was our favorite meal. Everything was first rate. We sat on the first level, and had a great view of the tank. Food was very good and service very attentive.

Ohana: Food B, Service A, Atmosphere A. Kids had lots of fun here. Service was amazing. We never had to look far for one of our servers. Food was OK. Beef was very good, but pork was dried out. Kids didn’t care for the food. Probably will not do this again despite the fun and good service.

Spoodles: Food A, Service A, Atmosphere A. This was another favorite and one that we will definitely be visiting again. We loved the food. It was my DD’s 9th birthday and they brought her a cupcake (complimentary) and had everyone sing Happy Birthday to her. Waitress was great.

Thanks for the great review!!

Wolfgang Puck has always been hit or miss for us. Sometimes great and sometimes average to bad.

Thanks for the reviews - we have an ADR for WPC next month - I hope we get better service.

I can relate to the Wolfgang Puck service thing but we go back because the food is so darn good! Sometimes lunch is better as they aren't so crowded so its harder for them to avoid serving you! :lmao:

Thanks for the reviews!

Thanks for the great reviews, we are doing Boma & Ohana in september and I am really looking forward to them:thumbsup2

May I ask what you had at Coral Reef and at Spoodles?

I have no memory for these things so last night I went back and checked my receipts.

At Coral Reef:
DH: Shrimp Cocktail, NY Strip, Wave
Mom: Lobster Soup, NY Strip, Wave
Me: Lobster Soup, Catfish, Wave
DD & DS:carrot and celery sticks, chicken strips, and Sundaes

At Spoodles:
DH: Mussels, Red Snapper, Sundae
Mom: Margherita Flatbread, Rigatoni, Sundae
Me: 4 Cheese Flatbread, Rigatoni, Sundae
DD & DS: Chicken Noodle soup, Beef Macaroni, and Sundaes

All was very good. Particular favorites were NY Strip and Lobster Soup at Coral Reef, and the Mussels, 4 Cheese Flatbread, and snapper at Spoodles.

I have no memory for these things so last night I went back and checked my receipts.

At Coral Reef:
DH: Shrimp Cocktail, NY Strip, Wave
Mom: Lobster Soup, NY Strip, Wave
Me: Lobster Soup, Catfish, Wave
DD & DS:carrot and celery sticks, chicken strips, and Sundaes

At Spoodles:
DH: Mussels, Red Snapper, Sundae
Mom: Margherita Flatbread, Rigatoni, Sundae
Me: 4 Cheese Flatbread, Rigatoni, Sundae
DD & DS: Chicken Noodle soup, Beef Macaroni, and Sundaes

All was very good. Particular favorites were NY Strip and Lobster Soup at Coral Reef, and the Mussels, 4 Cheese Flatbread, and snapper at Spoodles.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.:goodvibes I was particularly interested in the Snapper at Spoodles, glad to hear it was a fave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter