• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brief crowd/spring break update and map offer

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Today is the first day post ROTR that I was able to be the first person in the park like I used to. Presumably crowds were low due to concerns over the coronavirus. Indeed, I asked four or five CMs to what they attributed the low crowds and that's what each one implied. I believe they're told by Disney not to mention the word. A long-time security CM with whom I'm acquainted told me that crowds are expected to be light through the end of the month, mainly due to spring (the majority of?) breaks not scheduled until the end of March/early April. I'll be back again with my honorary niece and her bf of Wednesday morning and will report what I see then/there. Rain is also in the forecast for that so hopefully that helps to make crows even lights.

I arrived at the park gates at around 6:55. Lines were the shortest I've seen since pre-ROTR. I don't believe that they even stretched to the Monorail track. I haven't seen such short lines in so long that I almost forgot what they looked like ;-). I was the first in the park (pics below) and was also the first on PP. I had trouble make a 2M+ score (I went over 2,096,000 once and my score reset). It wasn't until my last game that I was able to.

I have the new park maps if anyone would like a set. Simply send me your mailing address via DM.

Some pics from the park:

First in the park. First time in a long time.
IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

The crowds at rope drop around 7:45.
IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

Treats!
IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

This young lady had the longest hair I've ever seen. Ever.

IMG_2092.jpg

Thank you for your report.... We're going at the end of the month. Hoping that's not SUPER busy...

I was there too and was telling my family about you/your buzz scores after they got off buzz! Next time, I'll have to hunt you down in the park and meet the legend!

We decided to "sleep in' and arrive at the parks just before 9am. The lines were so long at each park entrance that they merged in the middle.

At 3pm racers standby was 105 minutes. I hope the rain thins these crowds because it was crazy.

We decided to "sleep in' and arrive at the parks just before 9am. The lines were so long at each park entrance that they merged in the middle.

At 3pm racers standby was 105 minutes. I hope the rain thins these crowds because it was crazy.

Yeah today was definitely more crowded than last week... my SIL told me no one from their school is canceling their spring break plans, so I think next week may be nutty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter