Bridget and Brood - Day Three

Jan-can

Earning My Ears
Saturday March 10 - Pixie Dust - Fantasmical! Treat 'o Day - Mickey Bars; Park o' Day - Disney-MGM Studios

Morning: Today was to be Typhoon Lagoon Day (according to itinerary), but was a bit coolish/chance of rainish, so opted to pursue Big Break at Studios instead. Got there by opening (Marvellous luck - bus right there as usual!) Stopped at Celebrity 5&10 for Guest of Honour Badge for DD and "medal' for DS (didn't want Goh) (Neither garnered much attention though - might have been better at MK). Went to Drew Carey's Sound Dangerous first (v.g.!), then Star Tours. This was on of first "big kid rides" for DD and DS (normally faint of heart), but they loved it and giggled through the whole thing. At DD's insistence, let the kids play in Honey-I-Shrunk-the Kids Playground for a bit, picked up snacks, then took Backlot Tour (another first for us, and it was p.g.) DD wanted to sti on left, but then complained aobut getting wet. Gong "home" for lunch and swim anyway. One more Star Toru (w. fastpass) on way out.

Afternoon: Lunched at hotel (room) again, then DS insisted on swim in ASMusic pool (had stayed there last time). Was v.g. idea though, since Fantasia was quite packed, and with two pools open at Movies, not as crowded. Had marvellous fun. DD got hairwrap to tune of $20, but was favourite souvenier of trip and still there four weeks later! Forced kids out of pool as we once again had to hurry to make PS - this time for Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Dinner Package. Requested booth (this time, not such a big deal for restauranteurs). Kids had pizza/pasta again, Bridget had pasta/chicken dish and DH had chicken pizza. Skipped dessert and went on Great Movie Ride (another walk-on - hurrah!). Then went to v. secret entrance to Fantasmic - wonderfully convenient, and show was fabously fantastic as usual. Had marvellous Mickey Bars while watching..maybe cotton candy too. Back to hotel by 8ish, did some packing up for "Big Surprise Move" and to bed fairly early again.

I am enjoying your reports! Thanks for posting them. I hope your family enjoyed the Swan as much as DH and I did!
Keep 'em coming!

DISchick
"Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!"

times in one day.....my kind of ride :D

Pumbaclip.jpg

We like Star Tours too. My kids will line up over and over to ride it. :)

flowerbasket.gif
iluvchat.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies

MGM is one of my favorite parks. I really must experience the Backlot tour on my next trip, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Thanks for posting this.

Katholyn

<font color=red>"Texas born, Texas bred and when I die I'll be Texas dead"</font color>
anidaisy.gif
iluvchat.gif

So, I'm addicted to chat! What's your point?
<font color=red>DIS co-Chat Mistress</font color=red>
<font color=red>Co-moderator Theme Park Attractions & Strategies </font color>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter