Bridget and Brood - Day 2 - Magic Kingdom (fabulous!)

Jan-can

Earning My Ears
Day Two - Friday March 9 - parc du jour - Magic Kingdom; best food o'day - Tony's; Pixie Dust - that given by waiter at Tony's; bummer o'day - evening showers.

7:30 am - "Up and at 'em Pals.." grr...that darned mouse. Wonder how many people hang up on him? First full day in World and promise of MK fun gets everyone roused and ready quick as bunnies...er..mice. Breakfast in room and at the bus stop by 8:30 - bus right there (hurrah!) and we're under the castle before 9:00. Upon opening, head straight for Many Adventures of Pooh (kids opt to pass on Dumbo this time round). Ride Pooh twice (cute and Bouncy..like Bridget!), then on to Snow White, Carousel, Peter Pan, Small World in quick succession. No waits! Sweet! Then creep over to Haunted Mansion, followed by Adventureland. Ride Jungle Cruise (fun as always), Pirates (starting to lose lustre?) kids not up to roller mountains yet and ready for break, so head back to Frontierland for Diamond Horeshoe Saloon Review (first for us). Was wonderful! Had front table, and DD, DS and Bridget all picked on/sung to/took part in magic tricks, etc. Hoot! Kits ate it up. Speaking of which, also had yummy snacks (cookies, ice cream, coffee, danish and the like) while watching.

Nooninsh: Onwards and upwards - to infinity and beyond... to Tomorrowland! First order of buzziness - check Buzz; stand-by wait longish, so pick up FPs and ride TTA in meantime. Kids loved TTA and say it's more like "funtime" than "mean time" - wanted to go on it again and again, so let them go on by themselves (at 8&10, it's allowed...mightn't have let them at 2&4); they got huge kick out of riding alone! DH and I enjoyed "mini-break" from kids too. Then time for Buzz. Hurrah! Bridget scored 230,000 points (more than all other three combined) and warns DH that she's very good shot. Was starting to get crowded by then, so decided to go back to hotel for lunch and swim, but took in Timekeeper first (our first time - thought it was v.g.!) Ran into colleague of DH's on Main St. on way out. Really IS small world after all. Almost makes one want to sing song. Almost.

Afternoonish: Had sandwiches in room and then went for long swin in Fantasia pool (had heard upon check-in that Might Duck pool's heater was broken). Then back to MK, rushing to make 5:15 PS for dinner at Tony's. Started off rather badly (tried to sit us at busy/small/middle-of-room table when plenty of nice booths empty). DH asked hostess if we could have booth instead. Hostess and waitress almost in tears, claiming something to the effect that table had always been meant for us and we for them...practically engaged, etc. DH not giving up though, talked to Maitre D, and we were forced to wait outside again for another 10 minutes till one of the already-open, already-set tables "opened up". Really, people with the PSes should get the best tables, n'est pas? Make mental note to suggest same. Waiter was wonderful, however, and made up for problems we'd encountered - brought lots of stickers and actual Pixie Dust (Mickey confetti) for kids, talked with us about menu, his family, ours, and was very attentive. DH and Br both had chicken - absolutely devine! Kids had pasta and pizza; both approved. Pay bill and...uh-oh! Tell-tale sea of yellow outside. Grr...it's not supposed to rain on our parade, and we'd come to see the MSEP!

Eveningish: Still had spot of time though, and was just spitting rain, so decided to take in some rides. Took train (was right there!) to Toontown and walked through (thank God we don't have to stop for all the characters anymore...was nice at time, but is also nice not to have more time for rides and shows). Get to Fantasyland only to find Pooh has given away all his fastpasses! Nervy silly old bear! Got one from Peter Pan instead and then let kids go (by themselves!) on Small World (once more than enough for DH and me!) On to Liberty Square and ran like Dickens to catch Riverboat. Kids even got to go up to thanks to DIS tips! Spitting harder now, so donned ponchos and went to stake out spot for parade. Kids put up protest - did not want to wait for parade or see parade - kept insisting would be perfect time for rides with everyone else at parade (hey..have they been reading DIS?), plus CM's were saying "parade will be on if it continues to drizzle, but could be cancelled in event of electrical storm." With this, and incessant lobbying by kids, left parade route and went back to the future...er..Tomorrowland. Took a spaceranger spin or two, then Astro Orbiters (which we'd passed on during the day when it had hour-long lineup). Was walk-on now! Started to rain a bit harder when we were waiting for elevator, but had returned to drizzle status once up top. Even saw a bit of MSEP while orbiting. After that, did TTA again and then headed home as park was closing at 10:00 (E-ticket was available 10-1, but just as glad we passed as couldn't have lasted nearly that long, also didn't really need to as we'd be on everying we wanted to ride and kids weren't interest in mountains. Back to ASMo and to bed tired and happy!

out like a light.....Having fun is alot of work.... :)

Pumbaclip.jpg

I'm glad they made it up to you at Tonys. I would think that people with ps should get the good tables too.... (Hope somebody is listening)

flowerbasket.gif
iluvchat.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies

I enjoyed reading about your day at MK, sounds like you had a ball at the Diamond Horseshoe. We never get chosen for anything fun like that.

Thanks for posting this, it was fun to read.

Katholyn

<font color=red>"Texas born, Texas bred and when I die I'll be Texas dead"</font color>
anidaisy.gif
iluvchat.gif

So, I'm addicted to chat! What's your point?
<font color=red>DIS co-Chat Mistress</font color=red>
<font color=red>Co-moderator Theme Park Attractions & Strategies </font color>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter