• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bridgerton Season Two

I never thought I would think a scene of someone having a panic attack could be so sexy. I cannot stop watching episode 3 and in particular the end. I also have the soundtrack on repeat. I cannot remember enjoying a show this much in recent memory. Guess this one just did it for me.

It's funny how everyone is different. I am almost done with the 4th book. While I am enjoying it, it's probably my least favorite so far. Thus far, I would rank the stories: Anthony, Benedict, Daphne, Colin.
I do think my opinion of Daphne's book was affected by the fact that I had already watched the 1st season on TV.
Very true! There’s definitely no consensus on which one is the best.
I admit I like Colin’s not so much because of Colin himself (he is quite funny in everyone else’s books, but in his own story he comes off super whiny - oh no, you’re a rich, attractive, educated, well born third son of a viscount. Life is sooo hard.) but I love the person he ends up with. I don’t want to spoil it for people so will just leave it at that.

My favourites are Colin, Francesca, Daphne, Benedict, Anthony, Hyacinth, Eloise. I have read Gregory’s, but it made absolutely no impression on me whatsoever and I can’t recall anything about it!! I guess that probably places it towards the end. But each book has awesome moments and upon re-reading, my favourites change. :)

I'm halfway through the second episode. Watched it on the elliptical to pass the time, but it made my workout even more boring. When does this season start to get better?

I'm sorry but the actor that plays Anthony does nothing for me. It's hard to picture him as a leading man type. In fact, all the Brigerton brothers are quite doofy looking. Bring back the duke.

The problems I have are one
Queen Charlotte being black, this is based on a possibility that 15 generations back she had a solo black ancester. i looked at at that distance back her percentage odblack ancestry would be about 0.006%. I have 0.9% Ashkenazi Jewish doesn’t make me Jewish.
second she tried to marry Daphne to her nephew and stopped the special license until they begged to be allowed to marry would never have happened she didn’t have any power to do that.
three sorry mixed race relationships where not allowed the only known case she was treated like a housekeeper and when her husband died she was expelled from the family not politically correct but you can’t diversify the past there where about 20000 Black people in mostly servant or merchant positions
four the pregnant unmarried girl rejecting the brothers offer to marry wouldnt have happened best hope the family hid her and the baby ended up in a foundling hospital worse case ended on the streets baby the same
five the stupid powderedcwigs had been taxed so much about a decade earlier they disappeared
latly the dresses they wore fell from the bust who is stupid enough to tighten their waist in a corset(that didn’t exist anyway) when no one would notice and I saw in the trailer a baby being held at what looks like a ball that would never happen neither would Daphnes soblongs being at her presentation to the queen as with downtown abbey the girl and one relative won’t none of the family went
i know its fun to be fair and diverse but the age wasn’t diverse especially at court
You know I totally agree. These kind of things bother me too but to be honest I suspended my disbelief to watch it. Season one was pretty good but, season two was a snooze fest. I actually fell asleep during it! As for the wigs jeesh enough is enough I know that they were huge and fanciful but I felt like they detracted from the scenes because all I could do was sit there and question if they were heavy and how the actor was able to hold them up. I do not think anyone will be clamoring for a third season. Just like Gilded Age which was another dog.

I am! Does anybody know when Grace & Frankie will be coming back to Netflix? I thought I heard this final season would be in March but I haven't found it yet.
Funny you should mention it, I have been looking for it too. I am just re-watching the other seasons to prep for it. I had forgotten how funny it was. Not to be crass but they better hurry up w final season, none of those actors is getting any younger. BTW just checked final episodes are coming April 29. As for Jane Fonda omg I don't know who her surgeon is but darn, she looks good for her age. I just watched Barefoot in the Park and of course she looks older but not 60 years older!

I've somehow managed to get to the last episode and I'm honestly disappointed in this season overall. I didn't need so many "will they/won't they". I'm not sure if it's because I read the book prior or had such higher expectations after season one. The chemistry was wasted.

I haven’t read any of the books but I feel the same way. I haven’t finished the season yet so I don’t know how it turns out but at this point I don’t really care LOL. This season is way too slow moving and boring compared to the first. I’m not sure I’ll be watching if there’s a 3rd season, unless they bring back The Duke

I just started the 2nd season.

If the Featheringtons are so incredibly down on their luck to sell the silverware etc. Then why are there over a dozen candles burning in Penelope's room? Candles don't grow on trees :) Such a waste.

I just started the 2nd season.

If the Featheringtons are so incredibly down on their luck to sell the silverware etc. Then why are there over a dozen candles burning in Penelope's room? Candles don't grow on trees :) Such a waste.
I am enjoying how many people are being so critical of the second season. I agree about the candles and what about the clothes? I think the reason for this is because the show is so boring that we need to look at the production and the historical inaccuracies because the plot is not there. I find myself looking at this stuff when I am bored like the zippers in the dresses on Gilded Age. I had to go on line and look up when zippers were invented just to keep my interest. It is like a car wreck; I should look away but I feel like I need to finish watching it, but why? I need to add the Featherington's maid wears the same green dress all the time if they were going to be inaccurate why didn't they let her have one more dress? Even on Downton Abby the help had more than one outfit albeit they were all black.

I finished season 2 this weekend. I liked it but season 1 is still my fave. The back and forth was nice but started to drag on after awhile. Edwina was so naive and I didn't like how she treated/blamed Kate once she found everything out, especially when Kate did not want them together but she was the one who pushed Kate on being nice. I also think the Duke was missed, it would've been nice to see how the Duke would've challenged Anthony's decisions during his courtship. Also the parts with the Duke's friend and his new venture just seemed out of place at times and didn't really seemed needed.

Sidenote - I could care less about the historical accuracies, I'm watching for entertainment, the pretty clothes, extravagant hairstyles, etc. If I wanted a history lesson I would watch something else.

Finished it last night - I really liked it. It was slower than season 1, but just as pretty and kept me wanting another episode. Hopefully season 3 isn't TOOOOO far away!

I haven’t read any of the books but I feel the same way. I haven’t finished the season yet so I don’t know how it turns out but at this point I don’t really care LOL. This season is way too slow moving and boring compared to the first. I’m not sure I’ll be watching if there’s a 3rd season, unless they bring back The Duke
THey would have brought back the Duke but he is the one who didn’t want to do a second season. Don’t blame them, blame him.

And Anthony is a much much much better actor.

THey would have brought back the Duke but he is the one who didn’t want to do a second season. Don’t blame them, blame him.

And Anthony is a much much much better actor.

Well I hope he decides to make an appearance in the 3rd season.

If you mean the character Anthony we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Ok, I do not really care for Anthony and Miss Sharma.
How little I care is shown when I think Anthony in the hunting scene (Start ep 3) is Benedict. And not just that, I think that the father is the new Lord Featherington and a potential lover for Benedict.
I felt awkward when it turned out to be his father.

The Bridgerton family is your standard romcom.
The Featheringtons are more interesting, they have problems to overcome. And do it by scheming. That at least causes some conflict. And I like Penelope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter