Bridge Tour

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR

DIS Veteran
My husband just took an interest in going on a Bridge Tour on the December 4th Western.

How soon and where do you make the reservations? Also, is it adults only or will they allow children? How long does it last and how many are offered?

Thanks.

You can make reservations at Guest Services and they can be made immediately upon boarding. However, they only offer Bridge Tours on days when you are in port. Therefore, because I wanted to do too much on the islands, we were not able to do one!

My dh and ds (5 yrs old) went on the bridge tour. They booked the evening before.

DD6 and I went on the bridge tour (Magic)back in early March '04. I've been on several bridge tours of other ships, but CM Ellen gave the best tour of them all!

On the Wonder several tour times were called "adult only" tours - don't know if there's a difference in the actual tours, or if this is just a courtesy for adults that want to take the tour wihtout a bunch of kids.

Are the Bridge Tours still done on the deck above the bridge, or is actually ON the bridge?

The one DD and I took last year was the catwalk above the
bridge.

I'd think that because of security, they wouldn't let anyone in/on the bridge itself.

Last cruise, DD left her autograph/journal book that we had purchased on board, in the care of one of the counselors in the Lab, when she went back to get it, it was gone.
They(the counselors) told her to go to GS to get it and GS wouldn't let her have it. So of course, Mom had to go down there with her and they told me since it was "lost", she'd have to get it at the end of the cruise because it was now in Lost and Found. And anything in L & F had to go through security screening, sniffing by the dog, etc. I had to explain to him that it was not "lost" it was placed in the care of a CM and was mistakenly sent to L & F, it was purchased on board, I'd go get the receipt if he wanted to see it, it was a kids autograph book for crimeny sake..not a Weapon of Mass Destruction..and the GS CM walked in the back and brought it out!!!

So if they go through that for a L & F item...then the bridge is
probably off limits to us "regular" people.

But, that's just my experience and MHO...

Phyllis

I highly recommend the bridge tour for the entire family. It doesn't take that long and is very informative. Plus we were all interested in seeing where the "horn button" was!!!!

But no photographs allowed!!

Rae

I wouldn't recommend it for the entire family.

My kids (4 and 5) were far too bored. We should have let their dad go solo or put them in the clubs.

My 4 year old went with us. I asked before I booked and they said no problem. You register at guest services. I registered right after making all my other ressies.

I had never heard that if you lost something onboard you had to wait until the end of the cruise to get it....we have lost some items of clothing, jewelry, camera onboard over our 12 cruises and always went to guest services and were given them promptly!!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter