• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brick at Magic Kingdom?????

jdlawler

Earning My Ears
I don't even know if this is possible but I will make the request. We just had a very dear friend die of cancer at 40 yeays old. She left two daughters age 3 and 7. There last trip and memories of their mother are at Disneyworld.
I have seen the bricks ouside Magic Kingdom and there appears to be some that are blank,I was hoping from this observation that there was a possibility that one was available from a past buyer. I know these were sold years ago but I had hoped that maybe someone has an extra brick that they had brought and planned on engraving it later,if so I would like to buy it.
It would be great for the kids to go to Disney and know that mom is there with them. We wanted to give them a lasting memory of their mother and I can not think of a better way. With all the magic at Disney maybe this gift will let them enjoy Disney again as if mom was there.
So if anyone can help please let me know.

How sad.

But I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you talking about the engraved bricks that people could buy a few years back? Because they are, as I said, already engraved with something personal for the people who purchased them. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

I believe the blanks that you see are the result of engraved bricks being damaged and replaced. If memory serves there was only a 10-year guarantee on the bricks remaining in place, and for many that 10 year period has begun to expire.

If you were to contact Disney, I suspect they would try to steer you toward the Leave A Legacy tiles just inside Epcot. It's a similar program, although the tiles are much smaller than the bricks previously sold.

They stopped the bricks several years ago. The blanks are probably where they were broken and blank one were but back in their place. As mentioned, Disney would try and steer you towards the Leave a Legacy tiles outside of EPCOT. We were going to do them also but they were so small and you really could not see the pictures that well. I am glad we got our brick instead..smjj

I admire the bricks every trip to WDW and wish I could get one for our family as well. The Leave A Legacy Tiles do not compare. Why can't they sell bricks to be placed around DVC resorts and sell them to members? With Saratoga Springs still being built, it would be perfect. I'd be the first to buy one!

They are now selling bricks in the plaza between Disneyland and California Adventure in Anaheim, if you are interested in those...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter