BREXIT......How do you feel Brits? Excited??

48% voting to remain and 52% voting to leave is not much of a majority... Seems like the UK is pretty evenly divided on this issue. I kinda wonder if the referendum to hold a new vote actually succeeds and happens ... will the 'leave' still hold the majority.

A single vote can make a majority. In this case, the majority had 1.27 million more votes. 4% is significant enough that it is well beyond anything that a recount could be expected to overturn.

I do not want to take sides in this particular dialogue, but I did want to say I am seriously impressed with your posting ability in a dark theater! I'm not sure if pre-shows are different in the UK, but there's no way I could post much beyond emojis in an American theater with the coming attractions, etc.

We go to one of those theaters where they serve meals, so the lights are fully on until the previews begin and the admonition to turn off one's phone is broadcast. So alas, my posting abilities are not as grand as for what you gave me credit. (And I'm in the USA.)

A single vote can make a majority. In this case, the majority had 1.27 million more votes. 4% is significant enough that it is well beyond anything that a recount could be expected to overturn.

Not questioning the validity of the stats, just pointing out that the majority is a very slim one, and certainly not an overwhelming majority. As far as not being able to be overturned, I was not talking about a recount, but a redo, that is what the referendum is calling for. If some people change their vote, the majority could get larger... or the leave's could be overturned. Never say never...

Not questioning the validity of the stats, just pointing out that the majority is a very slim one, and certainly not an overwhelming majority. As far as not being able to be overturned... weeeeeelllllllll.... not if some people change their vote, the majority could get larger... or the leave's could be overturned. Never say never...

You can't change your vote in a recount.

Agree in fact I think it is probably higher than 35% from my experiences of teaching

The person who quoted that 2/3rds of those that voted to leave had no education beyond age 16 has already said it was quoted incorrectly and was not true.

We go to one of those theaters where they serve meals, so the lights are fully on until the previews begin and the admonition to turn off one's phone is broadcast. So alas, my posting abilities are not as grand as for what you gave me credit. (And I'm in the USA.)

Got it. Thanks! That sounds like a nice movie-going experience.

I'm not sure why people keep saying that a referendum is being considered in Holland because I'm there and I am not hearing that apart from the racist Muslim hating political party.
I was wondering that myself. Thank you.

A good portion on my Facebook friend list is made up of people living in Nederland. Yet I have not seen a single post on Facebook by any of them in support or against a similar referendum for their homeland. I would have thought that if this was being debated in Nederland I would have seen at least one post, meme or something that referenced a similar referendum in their country.

Or how many times do you have a do-over of the do-over of the do-over? We've all been on the losing side at one time or another, and you accept the outcome and try to make the best of it.

Or you have chaos.

Even though it wasn't my vote I am remain. I think we need to accept the result otherwise like pp pointed out it could be never ending! Anyway we haven't handing in article 50 yet.. This is most strange I think. It's like voting on a dinner choice then looking at one another like 'isn't somebody going to get the take away then...'

What a shame. This has some significant repercussions that I believe will not all be positive. All the people I know voted remain.

But of course voters are able to do whatever the heck they want - I just think they voted leave based on skewed ideas.

What a shame. This has some significant repercussions that I believe will not all be positive. All the people I know voted remain.

But of course voters are able to do whatever the heck they want - I just think they voted leave based on skewed ideas.

There will definitely be some negative repercussions. The Brits are banking on the positives outweighing the negatives.

Now I just read that the Scottish Parliament may be able to block Brexit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...top-second-Scottish-referendum--Sturgeon.html

"Nicola Sturgeon has warned she would consider asking Holyrood to block the UK's departure from Europe if MSPs are required to give formal backing for Brexit

The First Minister said if the Scottish Parliament has to give its consent, she would "of course" consider asking MSPs not to do this."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...ttish-referendum--Sturgeon.html#ixzz4ChKVkO6K
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Now I just read that the Scottish Parliament may be able to block Brexit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...top-second-Scottish-referendum--Sturgeon.html

"Nicola Sturgeon has warned she would consider asking Holyrood to block the UK's departure from Europe if MSPs are required to give formal backing for Brexit

The First Minister said if the Scottish Parliament has to give its consent, she would "of course" consider asking MSPs not to do this."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...ttish-referendum--Sturgeon.html#ixzz4ChKVkO6K
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm not sure this will be successful ..
Very much voters remorse , sad

Got it. Thanks! That sounds like a nice movie-going experience.

It's a really great way to watch a movie. The seats are assigned and are very comfortable (akin in size and comfort to domestic first class airline seats), the tickets are the same price as at the traditional movie theater, and while the food isn't world class it's above-average quality for a price probably only 15-20% over a comparable restaurant (so not as gouging as regular theater prices). The two we go to most often also both brew their own beer, which is fun.

just ponder this for a second

people from another country who dont speak our language, have a different religion to us coming to our country and taking our jobs. They come here in such great numbers that our way of life, our language, our society become the minority and in parts of our cities and towns there are more foreigners than us...

Doesnt this sound like what all the Brexit Leavers were saying over the last few weeks, something very similar to what Nigel Farage has been spouting over and over??

Actually Im talking about MY country Ireland, and what the British did to us, from the Norman invasions right up to when we fought OUR war of Independence 1919 to 1921. They came to my country, took over our land, made our language and religion illegal, and so much more.

I just find it strangely ironic that now the tables have turned, and The UK was part of The EU, they didnt like being told what to do, didnt like foreigners coming to their country, didnt like being ruled by the European Parliament and Commission, so they voted out.

They did it us, Scotland and so many countries around the world, but now in 2016 when it happens to them they have a temper tantrum. We didnt have that luxury, they caused a famine in my country, and half the population died!! (there was enough food being produced in the country to feed the population but it was being shipped out back to the UK , the Irish main food was potatoes which failed 2 years in a row)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter