Brett Favre Rant..

Lets be real here he USED to be a great quarterback now he is nothing better then mediocre. I hate athletes that go out this way Jerry Rice comes to mind not knowing when to hang it up for good.

I don't like Favre enough to defend him. He was good back in the day. Last year, not so much. But that's like judging MJ's career based on how he played in DC.

Jets fan here. Good riddance, Favre. Like everyone has said...good first half of season, terrible second half. As a Mets fan I've enough collapses for one decade, I didn't need that...

I honestly think the Vikings would have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl without Favre. I think he should just stick to acting. (There's Something About Mary, anyone?)

As for my Jets winning the Super Bowl this year...I'd love it but I predict next year is the year. Though, what I saw from Sanchez the other day might mean we have a shot of at least the playoffs this season...and from there on anything is possible.

lol, im from WI and you should see some of the facebook comments that people are posting about him lmfao...Favre only looked good in his last few seasons with the packers cause of his WR. If you look at the yards after the catch, they were in the very top of the league

I just cant wait to see him fall on his face AGAIN

I wonder if he is thinking about his HoF nomination at all, i mean he'll probably get it, but he has lost a lot of support over the past couple years

I don't like Favre enough to defend him. He was good back in the day. Last year, not so much. But that's like judging MJ's career based on how he played in DC.

Wait... earlier you said you'd "admit he was good, even with all those interceptions." Now you're saying he wasn't as good last year. What side of the fence are you on?

And just as to make note, I didn't mean Brett was overrated or terrible throughout his career. Just last year.

I read an article in my local paper and one of the writers was saying how he lied to the Jets and how he was using them just so he could get on the vikings. It made me kind of realize that could be exactly what he did on purpose but I will give him the benefit of the doubt

I read an article in my local paper and one of the writers was saying how he lied to the Jets and how he was using them just so he could get on the vikings. It made me kind of realize that could be exactly what he did on purpose but I will give him the benefit of the doubt

There was a clause in his contract last year that stated if the Jets traded him, they'd have to give the Packers three first round picks. Then he asked to be released by the Jets as soon as he announced his retirement... Makes me pretty suspicious.

Favre is actually a pretty decent guy. He does love the game, and yes, he wants to stick it to the Packers. However, it's purely business. Had he been able to play for the Packers last year, he would have taken them to the Superbowl (or pretty darn close) and then retired. He is proving that he's still worth something. I'm not happy about his decision, but it was his and it will give the Packers the advantage of beating the Vikings. Not to mention that he plays horribly in the dome.

Had he been able to play for the Packers last year, he would have taken them to the Superbowl (or pretty darn close) and then retired..

lol Aaron Rodgers was 100x the QB Brett Favre was last year. Favre would have dragged down that team, not made them better.

This is the best part Brett Favre's contract is 2 yrs at 25 million I think this year hes making 13 million and 12 nxt year or something close to that. Heres some players to compare that to
Tom Brady- $5 million this season (3 million incentives)
Ben Roethlisberger- $12.75 million
Peyton Manning- $14 million
Drew Brees- $7.6 million
Jay Cutler- $ 6.4 million
Eli Manning- $14 million
The vikings are paying this man an insane amount at his age look 3 time super bowl winner Tom Brady, 2 time super bowl winner Ben Roethlisberger and maybe the best overall quarterback in this decade Peyton Manning (stats wise that is, give me Tom Brady in a big game anyday).

Wait... earlier you said you'd "admit he was good, even with all those interceptions." Now you're saying he wasn't as good last year. What side of the fence are you on?

And just as to make note, I didn't mean Brett was overrated or terrible throughout his career. Just last year.

Overall, i think he was a good QB, even with all the interceptions and the crappy year he had last year.

he just needs to retire.
its getting old.
really.

if he would have just ended it with the packers,
it would have been great.
you have to give respect to the guy.
but all this hey im gonna retire,
suprise no im not crap every year is getting annoying.

is he the football player that keeps retiering every 5 seconds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter