Brett Favre Rant..

Fatphil32

<font color=aqua>THIS is why you're fat<font color
So, I get home today.. First thing I do is grab a bite to eat. Then I go to my room, turn on my t.v., and the first thing I see on the NFL Network: Brett Favre signs with the Vikings. I mean seriously, what the hell is this ****?

Seriously, this is the biggest piece of crap I've ever heard. The Vikings have to be the most inept organization in professional football. I mean, no one besides them was even pursing signing Favre and they give him 12 million for one freaking season. I can see them doing that if he was in his prime, but he's washed-up. He led all NFL QB's in interceptions and fumbles last year. Is that really what you want out of your QB? He's obviously an attention *****. You seriously don't "retire" three times in the span of two off-seasons, then make some dramatic comeback, like he's done both times. The only reason he only wanted to play for the Vikings was because he's pissed that the Packers traded him last offseason and he just wants to get back at them. The only reason he's signing now is because training camp ended today. He would have signed a few weeks ago, but he was too lazy to go to camp and instead waited until it was over and he wouldn't have to do it.

I mean come on. I feel terrible for all Vikings fans that will have to watch his crap performance this year. I feel even worse for all the Packers fans that watched one of their biggest heros lie to them and now play for their biggest rival. I really hope the Vikings don't go anywhere this year and Brett finally retires. It's time for him to hang the cleats up. He sucks. He's media-obsessed. He's overpaid.

Oh and I forgot to mention, this is all ESPN's going to be talking about for the entire season. Brett Favre this... Brett Favre that... It's going to be ridiculous. They need to stop riding his dick and talk about what fans really care about; reports on team training camps, analysis of the preseason games, ect. I was reading the other day about how when Jim Johnson, who is the Eagles former DC and a great defensive mind, passed away, they barely mentioned it on ESPN. They were too busy covering all the Favre drama.

This is just straight-up bull. The football season is going to be basically ruined because all the media world is going to care about is Brett Favre. I am contemplating not even turning on the NFL Network or ESPN just so I don't have to vent any more frustration. I just can't believe this is happening..

/endrant

Yeah this is getting way too out of hand. I was pumped last year because the JETS got him but then he couldn't last the end of the season because he was injured but still played. He probably still isnt ready to play and Viking fans will most likely be dissappointed.

But it doesnt matter since the JETS will own this season and their WRs will be the biggest sleepers ever and they will be the only thing to talk about this year. Thank God Im taking them in fantasy...lol

Brett Farve will be good that is for my favorite team the Bears. He might be a litltle healthier this year but if he gets hurt his ego will immediatly get in the way and will play through it bc he wants to keep his record # of games started in a row up. At least Packers vs Vikings will be entertaining.

Let it go damnit.

He wants to play, they're letting him play. Leave it at that.

Everyone protesting, and talking crap about him isn't going to do anything about the situation.

Let it go damnit.

He wants to play, they're letting him play. Leave it at that.

Everyone protesting, and talking crap about him isn't going to do anything about the situation.
well "little sis" when he puts hopes into a playoff season for you and then your team crashes and burns it gets the fans angry,upset, and annoyed

well "little sis" when he puts hopes into a playoff season for you and then your team crashes and burns it gets the fans angry,upset, and annoyed

I'm aware of that Tom, but I'm just saying.. People talking and complaining about it, isn't doing a thing.

Stop wasting time complaining about ONE player, and have faith that the rest of the team will be better. That's really all anyone can do.

I, as much as anyone, doesn't think he should be playing. But I'm not sitting here crying over it.

No offense to anyone.

I'm fine with him still wanting to play, but its the fact of retiring and un-retiring that annoys me. I could only imagine what packers, jets and vikings fans think.

I don't care which team he plays for, it's the "retire, then unretire" junk that bothers me. It seems like he's going to unretire before every damn season now. Pick one already!

I'm aware of that Tom, but I'm just saying.. People talking and complaining about it, isn't doing a thing.

Stop wasting time complaining about ONE player, and have faith that the rest of the team will be better. That's really all anyone can do.

I, as much as anyone, doesn't think he should be playing. But I'm not sitting here crying over it.

No offense to anyone.

That's a really tough thing for a team to do, considering their quarterback didn't go train.

i don't follow football, so i kinda tune it out when this stuff comes on the news. but is brett favre just doing this for attention, or what? why is he still playing football if he's quit four or five times? and why do these teams keep picking him up?

i don't follow football, so i kinda tune it out when this stuff comes on the news. but is brett favre just doing this for attention, or what? why is he still playing football if he's quit four or five times? and why do these teams keep picking him up?

I honestly don't think he's doing it for attention...he just loves the game. I think why he keeps coming back because he realizes that his Sundays would be empty w/out the game and it's his love of it that makes him want 2 keep playing. And this time, the Vikings really needed him so that probably helped push him towards the cause. And the teams keep picking him because 1) he's a great quarterback and 2) the Vikings needed a quarterback since their other one got hurt.

I honestly don't think he's doing it for attention...he just loves the game. I think why he keeps coming back because he realizes that his Sundays would be empty w/out the game and it's his love of it that makes him want 2 keep playing. And this time, the Vikings really needed him so that probably helped push him towards the cause. And the teams keep picking him because 1) he's a great quarterback and 2) the Vikings needed a quarterback since their other one got hurt.

:lmao: at him being a great QB. He's absolutely terrible. He led all QB's last year in interceptions and fumbles. He threw interceptions with less than five minutes left in both of his final playoff games in consecutive seasons with the Packers. He was good in the '90s and early 2000s, but not anymore.

:lmao: at him being a good QB. He's absolutely terrible. He led all QB's last year in interceptions and fumbles. He threw interceptions with less than five minutes left in both of his final playoff games in consecutive seasons with the Packers. He was good in the '90s and early 2000s, but not anymore.

Ok but everyone throws interceptions so whatever. I admire his love 4 the game, although the retire, come back, retire, come back routine is getting kinda old. Interesting he went 2 the archenemy of his old team though...

I don't like Favre because I'm a Bears fan, but even I'll admit he was good, even with all those interceptions.

I blame his wife for his returns. Have you seen her face...botox clinic and she is frickin scary. We all know she wears the pants in that relationship...lol

lol great players don't throw interceptions... And good ones don't even throw 22 like he did last season.

How many records does he have and how well did the Bengals do last season?

I don't like Favre because I'm a Bears fan, but even I'll admit he was good, even with all those interceptions.

Exactly

lol last year he was god awful. I'll send you some links to a profession article talking about how bad he was if you'd like.

How many records does he have and how well did the Bengals do last season?

Records are irrelevant when talking about one season. I'm pretty sure we can agree Steve Young was a great QB, but even he had some pretty awful statistical years.

And the Bengals are irrelevant to this. Especially since at one point we had 12 starters out in one game and had 15 people on the IR last year. It's stupid to bring them into this.

lol last year he was god awful. I'll send you some links to a profession article talking about how bad he was if you'd like.

Records are irrelevant when talking about one season. I'm pretty sure we can agree Steve Young was a great QB, but even he had some pretty awful statistical years.

And the Bengals are irrelevant to this. Especially since at one point we had 12 starters out in one game and had 15 people on the IR last year. It's stupid to bring them into this.

you were still calling the best quarterback of all time awful and he did tie his most TDs in a game if I do recall against the Cardinals...I was at the game.

He was not God awful because in the beginning of the year when he was healthy he got them 8 real wins. And they did beat the undefeated Titans.

And I know but you were saying he was awful but they were even more awful...but not as awful as the Lions

you were still calling the best quarterback of all time awful and he did tie his most TDs in a game if I do recall against the Cardinals...I was at the game.

He was not God awful because in the beginning of the year when he was healthy he got them 8 real wins. And they did beat the undefeated Titans.

And I know but you were saying he was awful but they were even more awful...but not as awful as the Lions

lol He was awful last year. Leading the NFL in turnovers, interceptions, fumbles, and failing to lead your team at the end of the season is awful. I don't care what he did at the beginning, it's about where you finished. And he helped his team finish 1-4 in the final five games and lose their chance at a playoff berth.

And the Lions were amazingly awful. Don't get me started lol

Thats it though...he was injured. Why do you think they kept talking about his shoulder in the off season. I doubt he is fully healed so he is going to have another melt down at the end of the year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter