• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breathless

smw722

Earning My Ears
Hi! Has anyone chartered Breathless for an Illuminations Cruise in the past? I was thinking about booking it the last night of our trip as a special way to end our vacation.I would love to hear your review and if you felt it was worth the $$. Also - does the 90 days + 10 apply to the charter reservation - or would I have to call at exactly 90 days?

Thanks for your help!

The Breathless cruise was the best thing we have EVER done at Disney. It was wonderful.

We have done 2 pontoon boat cruises as well (Illuminations and Wishes) and I thought the Breathless was so much better. I really hope we have the chance to do it again someday. The boat is amazing and beautiful, and it was so fun doing some high-speed runs down near DHS. Additionally, the Breathless tied up for the fireworks in front of all the pontoon boats, so the view was better.

And it's (or it was in December) the same price as the regular pontoon.

And you can book cruises with the 90+10 on-site advantage now, I did it earlier in the spring.

We love booking the breathless. We definately think it is worth the $$$. We book it every trip (that is how much we love it). It takes all the hassel out of veiwing Illuminations. No crowds, no waiting to save the perfect spot. I too thought the breathless cost a little more then the pontoons but I cannot say for sure. We took my MIL on year and she still talks about it.

We did Breathless many yeas ago - I think the first time was in 1998. It was amazing. They did a wild speed ride after the Lakes had cleared out. The next time we did it in 2000, legal had stopped them from doing that anymore. But on that YouTube video, it looks like they've added back in some of the speed element. That was our favorite part of the Breathless Cruise. Once legal took it out, we started doing the daytime Breathless Bursts that still did that.

You guys that have done it recently, can you confirm whether or not they still do the thrill ride part of the Breathless Cruise or not? If they do, I'd love to book it for DH. He loved it in 1998 when they did it for us.

We loved our Illuminations cruise on the Breathless!! :banana:

Our entire family enjoyed it. We had a wonderful captain and, yes, he took us for a speedy spin on the lake. Most of it was more what you'd call cruising speed, but even that is enjoyable.

We felt like celebrities when we parked under the bridge to watch Illuminations because the Breathless brings on the looky-loos!

I called last year at 90 + 10 to secure it. Got up early that morning and started calling. Couldn't believe we actually got it, as I've heard it's hard to get a ressie for.

I'm trying for it again this year.

Have fun!

:cheer2:

I do not know the current cost but I paid over $300.00 in December.

I absolutely loved it! Just be certain that you understand the seating arrangements on the Breathless. Depending upon your party size, a couple of people may have to sit on the back bench and it’s too far back for group conversation. I didn’t have a problem with it, the positive of being on the Breathless far outweighed the negative of it.

Let me tell you how much I love the Breathless!! We have been on the Breathless several times and back in 2006 I wanted my nieces to experience it so much but the only problem was there were 8 of us on that trip. Well, you can only book 6 on the Breathless. I really wanted them to have the experience that we had before many times on the Breathless. I could have put all of us on a pontoon but instead I booked the Breathless for the teenagers and put the adults on the pontoon. Yes.....that's right....I paid for two boats instead of one just because I wanted those kids to have that wonderful experience. They loved it!:cheer2: I'm so glad I went ahead and splurged so that they could have that thrill. It was one of the highlights of the trip for them.:cloud9:

OMG, we did the Breathless several years ago and imho, it was worth every penny :thumbsup2

It is a beautiful boat, and wonderful to watch Illuminations from :goodvibes

Does anyone know the current cost for the Illuminations cruise
Thanks,
James

Seems like the total bill for it was around $335, plus we tipped the captain. It's the same cost as a pontoon, I believe, but it only holds up to six. My DH rode in front with the captain, my two teen DS rode with me in the middle bench seat, and my oldest son and his wife rode in the very back bench seat, which faces the rear of the boat. They loved it!

Does anyone know the current cost for the Illuminations cruise
Thanks,
James

I just booked a pontoon and Breathless for two different days during our October trip. The price I was quoted was the same for both $315 and some change. I called at 90 days at 6:00 (CST) after booking our dining ressies online and booked both for the trip, Breathless for the 91st day and the pontoon for our last day. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter