Breathless and Illumination, any comments?

marconat

DIS Veteran
I want to do the Breathless cruise to see Illumination... I want to know if you are close to the fireworks or really far... because I did the Grand gathering to see the fireworks on the pirate cruise and we were really far away from the fireworks, so I was wondering if it's worth doing it... what is your experience?

We did an Illumination cruise this past Dec (not the Breathless, but the pontoon boat). All the boats came under the bridge that seperates France and United Kingdom and parked just barely past the bridge on the lagoon side (if that makes sense). We could look back and almost straight up and see the people on the bridge.

We've done the Breathless and the regular pontoon boat for Illuminations. I loved them both, the Breathless was my favorite because it felt more intimate. But the boat locations are the same and you have a great view of the fireworks, not to mention not having to fight the crowd leaving!

Do you mean is it as far away as the Grand Gathering cruises are from the Magic Kingdom fireworks? (Wishes)

No, it is much much closer. You are in the park, not out of it as you are when watching Wishes from a boat.

However, I have done the Illuminations cruises twice and I have to say I found the view from that area a bit underwhelming. There are better views elsewhere around the lake. I still enjoy the cruise though, and not hassling with the crowds, etc and will definitely do it again. It's better than a Wishes cruise, but not perfect! LOL. I wish they would park a little further out into the lake, or park along the wall in another area.

chamonix said:
Do you mean is it as far away as the Grand Gathering cruises are from the Magic Kingdom fireworks? (Wishes)

No, it is much much closer. You are in the park, not out of it as you are when watching Wishes from a boat.

However, I have done the Illuminations cruises twice and I have to say I found the view from that area a bit underwhelming. There are better views elsewhere around the lake. I still enjoy the cruise though, and not hassling with the crowds, etc and will definitely do it again. It's better than a Wishes cruise, but not perfect! LOL. I wish they would park a little further out into the lake, or park along the wall in another area.

Thank's a lot... and yes it's the wishes cruise from the Grand Gathering that I was refering too... ha! I was also thinking about trying to get a seat at the Crown and Rose outside... it's said to have a great view of Illuminations. I want to do something special for my daughter's 7th birthday, so I'm trying to come up with some ideas ha!

We took a Breathless Illuminations Cruise during our trip this past May. Our boys (9 & 12) had an absolute blast! They loved the "speedy" cruise our captain took us on following the show. Our captain was great and knew all sorts of info about the parks and resorts. We certainly felt special! I think your daughter would feel like a queen!!

Thank's for all your experiences, I will try to get the cruise to see the fireworks... I wanted to do it last time, but already had so much reservations (the grand gathering) so I could not squeeze it in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter