Breastmilk storage in parks?

isabelle315

Earning My Ears
I'm taking a Mommy-daughter trip with my older daughter in May, and leaving Dad and baby boy at home. Baby is breastfed, so I'll need to pump while away, and I'd love to bring all the milk home rather than toss it!! I know that each park has a baby care center where I can pump, but I am wondering about how to safely store the breastmilk until we head back to the hotel. It's a short trip, so we will only be visiting MK and Epcot.

Is there a refrigerator in the baby care center in which moms are allowed to store breast milk? (And, is there also a freezer available to store a freezer pack to keep the milk relatively cold during transport from park to hotel?) While I'm at it, is it possible to store the pump in the baby care center, or do I need to rent a locker?

If there's no refrigerator, I am not so sure about leaving breastmilk in a storage locker, even with plenty of cold packs - at least not all day. Any fellow moms have advice on this? If I have to, I guess I can toss what I pump in the parks, and just save the milk that I pump at the resort. But it sure is hard to dump that precious milk down the drain!!

Thanks!

I would just use ice-packs and a soft-sided cooler bag. According to what I read, breastmilk can go 6-8 hours without refrigeration, so it should be fine with ice packs. I am also pumping and went to Las Vegas without the baby a few weeks ago and pumped throughout the trip. I used bags of ice from the hotel in a small cooler bag to chill my milk on the plane home. It was about 7 hours from start to finish until I got home and the ice was still in tact. You could also go back to your hotel room in the middle of the day and pump. I could not bring myself to toss out any breastmilk either.

Firstly well done for continuing to breast feed.

This is not strictly a WDW park strategy, rather looking for advice what to do on any trip/vacation.
Moving to the main Community Board :)

This is not strictly a WDW park strategy, rather looking for advice what to do on any trip/vacation.
OP would probably be better served on the Family Board.

Huh, I thought this WAS Disney specific - I am not looking for travel strategies in general, I'm specifically asking about Disney policies and what to do in the Disney parks themselves. But - I think my question is answered! Will have to store in a locker...I know it won't be THAT hot in May, but that still makes me a little nervous about maintaining a safe temperature.

But wouldn't this be like weaning baby....not to have the breast for several days?

Well, I will have been back to work for several months by then, so he'll be having breastmilk by bottle every day, anyway. I wouldn't introduce a bottle just for a Disney trip, but I have no choice in the matter. Baby will be just fine with Dad for four days...and this trip will be so good for me and big sister, who has been such a good sport with her new little brother - she was the "only" for 6 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter