Breaking NEWS PHOTO SESSIONS!!!!!! :-)

I don't remember if I posted my pic on here or not...so I'll just post one. We went with complementing blue as our primary color.

I like this next picture -- not because it is absolutely perfect (it's not, we obviously have wrinkled clothes, DD not smiling and hair all over, etc) but because it really is us looking casual and relaxed. Since we knew our DD would be sitting between us for most of the shots, we did not go with the same blue color for fear that she'd be washed out against the blue of our shirts. And I think white wouldn't work as well with the white hammock, sand beach, etc.

109_109_109.jpg

I can't wait to see the pics from the Poly!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2 The blue of your shirts and your daughter's dress work well together. I liked the slight contrast between the adults and child. You DD did not blend in as she might have with the exact blue shirt.

I agree matching/coordinating outfits are the way to go! :cool2: Thanks to all for sharing! I like the idea of either white tops or red tops with khaki or blue jeans look as well.:dance3:

We have decided to go with demin bottoms, probably shorts. Then the boys, DH, DS-11 and DS-3 will wear chocolate brown and the girls, me, DD-9 and the new baby will wear a pinkish. We are planning our shoot for 10/28 at the Poly.

Just set up my reservation for the Polynesian photo shoot on May 20th @ 8:30 a.m. Just incase ya'll are not aware, here are the phone numbers for the two resorts

Grand Floridian Photo Op - 407-824-1700
Polynesian Photo Op - 407-824-1163

You cant call the GF and make reservations for the Poly shoot and vice versa. Just thought this would be of some help.

:banana:

Sorry if this has already been addressed......

Can I schedule this for the week BEFORE we are moving to Disney property? I already have my photopass bought but our "Disney" days are much more filled with touring than our Seaworld days.....plus I have the day before we check in as a "free" day.

Oh this thread is so fabulous! Thanks everyone for posting photos! Going in December this year & DH's sis & family will be there a few days w/us too! We're all going to do this! DH & I usually travel alone so we take a lot of "self portraits" so we love photo pass, but it will be really nice to have some non-park photos too! Sis-in-law is excited for a family portrait too! Now...to think of colors....jeez...good thing we've got a while!!

Can't wait to see other photos from Poly & SSR!!

I just booked at the Poly for May 23. They had tons of openings for that week. We really don't have many pictures of myself, my dh and my dgd. I can't wait.

how much time will the shoot take out of our schedule and also with the photo pass do you get rights to the pictures or do you have to order pictures through them?

how much time will the shoot take out of our schedule and also with the photo pass do you get rights to the pictures or do you have to order pictures through them?

I talked to the CM at Poly when I made my reservations today and he stated that "Any photopass photos you have taken prior to the shoot may be added to the cd at no extra cost. You may also use the photo passes after your photo shoot in the park and bring your ticket back to them with your reciept and they will also add them as well." This is what sweetens the deal IMO. Hope that helps.

Sorry if this has already been addressed......

Can I schedule this for the week BEFORE we are moving to Disney property? I already have my photopass bought but our "Disney" days are much more filled with touring than our Seaworld days.....plus I have the day before we check in as a "free" day.

As far as I know, you aren't required to stay on property to do the photo shoot, so you could book whatever day is best for you.

The actual photo shoot is 20 minutes and they told me to allow 45 minutes to an hour total.

You have to order the pictures through them - they will be on a CD and it has a waiver? on it that gives you the right to print the pictures anywhere you want.

I talked to the CM at Poly when I made my reservations today and he stated that "Any photopass photos you have taken prior to the shoot may be added to the cd at no extra cost. You may also use the photo passes after your photo shoot in the park and bring your ticket back to them with your reciept and they will also add them as well." This is what sweetens the deal IMO. Hope that helps.

I though you could just have them scan your photopass and order the CD when you get home? That's what I was planning on doing. It seems like a lot of trouble to have to go back again.

The actual photo shoot is 20 minutes and they told me to allow 45 minutes to an hour total.

You have to order the pictures through them - they will be on a CD and it has a waiver? on it that gives you the right to print the pictures anywhere you want.

I though you could just have them scan your photopass and order the CD when you get home? That's what I was planning on doing. It seems like a lot of trouble to have to go back again.

You may also be able to do that...im just quoting what he told me I could do. Id call and confirm to be safe

I just called and spoke with someone at the Poly. They told me that the photos will be added right to our photopass photos. I also asked their opinion on what color shirts we should wear. Her suggestion was to wear something Hawaiian. My dh is a jean and t-shirt kind of guy and I can't picture him in a hawaiian shirt. I asked about white and she said it might not be a good idea because of the pictures taken on the sand. What is your opinion?

I just called and spoke with someone at the Poly. They told me that the photos will be added right to our photopass photos. I also asked their opinion on what color shirts we should wear. Her suggestion was to wear something Hawaiian. My dh is a jean and t-shirt kind of guy and I can't picture him in a hawaiian shirt. I asked about white and she said it might not be a good idea because of the pictures taken on the sand. What is your opinion?

Now I'm a little worried. We leave tomorrow and our photo shoot is on Friday. We got the exact opposite advice. Our photog said not to wear Hawaiian shirts because they are busy. She suggested solids and even recommended we go with white - which I was planning on. :confused:

Now I'm a little worried. We leave tomorrow and our photo shoot is on Friday. We got the exact opposite advice. Our photog said not to wear Hawaiian shirts because they are busy. She suggested solids and even recommended we go with white - which I was planning on. :confused:

9.5 times out of 10, solids look better than prints and patterns. Stick with your original choice. :thumbsup2

If you look on page 9 of this thread there are some nice pictures and they have white shirts on. That is what I was planning on and am going to stick with it.

ARG!!! Search wont work.....

Can someone tell me the latest time available at the GF? I have a 7:25 1900 Park Faire dinner booked and thought we may do this beforehand......I know we would still have time in between but could easily fill it with checking out the GF.

When I called almost 2 weeks ago, they told me the lastest time to book was 7:00pm and they book on the half hours.

We get our Poly photos taken tomorrow (Thursday) morning and we are going to wear red...I'll let you know how they turn out. (Normally we go conservative with blue or light green...I personally don't like white for sand photos...) So I"m very curious and a bit nervious about how they will turn out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter