Breaking News ...cnn

canron

DIS Veteran
BREAKING NEWS CNN,,,

3 disney emloyees were arested in a child sex sting...its on right now...i cannt beleave it,,big disney news happening now!!!i i can see the presses now!!!!

This is not the first arrest made of Disney employees for this, it happened last year in Polk County too.

http://www.wesh.com/news/9430581/detail.html

It amazes me when I go to the parks and see young kids running around without adult supervision, it is Disney but it is not without dangers.

My nieces were propositioned by a Disney CM at the MK a couple of years ago, at least they were in their teens and were old enough to report it. I can only imagine if this person had approached someone much younger.

WDW has more employees than some small cities have residents.The number of criminals in the bunch is probably similar. JUst because they have a clean record at the time of hire does not mean they have never done anything, only that they have never been caught.

Bottom line, watch you kids like a hawk.

BREAKING NEWS CNN,,,

3 disney emloyees were arested in a child sex sting...its on right now...i cannt beleave it,,big disney news happening now!!!i i can see the presses now!!!!

I'm not sure if it will be huge news in the long run. Disney has like 60K employees. Moral of the story? Watch your young kids whether they are in the parks, restaurants, monorail, wherever - as much as you would at home. And teach them what to do if someone approaches them innappropriately.

The Disney cast members in this story could do anything - they may not even have access to kids in the parks. But again, I am not surprised about this at all. There are tons of employees.

It would have been interesting to see Chris Hanson there (I do enjoy his Dateline pieces). I think the best part about the stories is that it opens the eyes of parents that anybody could prey on their kids.

Just curious, does anyone know what kind of checks does Disney put the people through that run the kids programs? We are going in June with our 7yr old dd and it would be nice to have a few hours of mom and dad alone time on our trip, but this gave me a reason to give more thought to to leaving her at one of the Disney programs while we went out.

Just curious, does anyone know what kind of checks does Disney put the people through that run the kids programs? We are going in June with our 7yr old dd and it would be nice to have a few hours of mom and dad alone time on our trip, but this gave me a reason to give more thought to to leaving her at one of the Disney programs while we went out.

1) All new Disney employees get finger printed and criminal record traced.
2) Based upon job classification, a drug test may be done (eg. bus drivers).
3) No further investigations performed.

1) All new Disney employees get finger printed and criminal record traced.
2) Based upon job classification, a drug test may be done (eg. bus drivers).
3) No further investigations performed.

The finger printing is a plus, much better than just a name inquiry. Yeah I figured anything DOT related would require them to follow federal rules for that.

Thanks for the quick response.

How sad. You would like to think while at Disney you wouldn't have to worry about this:sad2: :sad2: . Just goes to show that danger lurks everywhere.

What I find pathetic is the way the headlines scream "Disney Employees busted in Pedophile Sting!" 28 arrests out of 250 being questioned. The Disney employees were an intern, an p/t instructer at AK and an electrician. Along with the 3 Disney employees, others arrested include employees of the Boys and Girls club and a president of a "major corporation." But yet the headline screams "Disney!" The company can not get a break, ever.

-Matt

:sick: :sad2:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...apr03,0,2376912.story?coll=orl-home-headlines
(Orlando newspaper link)

From this article:
"An Orlando Boys & Girls Clubs employee has been fired and multiple Disney employees placed on unpaid leave as a result of their respective arrests in a sting targeting men looking for girls for sex on the Internet.

Jonathan K. Thompkins, 19, was arrested Thursday after detectives said he arrived at a Four Corners home where he thought he was going to have sex with a girl he met on the Internet. The "girl" was actually an undercover detective.

Thompkins, who worked one day a week for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida, has been fired, said Gary Cain, president of that organization.

Cain on Monday said Thompkins, a recreation leader on the basketball court, was never in a situation where he would have been alone with children.

Cain also noted Thompkins, hired in September, was in the process of being fired because he failed to show up for work two consecutive weeks."

But yet the headline screams "Disney!" The company can not get a break, ever.

-Matt
What the heck do breaks have to do with it? Disney is a public company, under a huge microscope. The media salivates for stories like this. Having the name "Disney" makes them a magnet for this kind of attention. But the company doesn't deserve a break...ever.

The Head Line wouldn't be as eye catching if it read "# Wal-Mart Employees Arrested".

You know, of all the things to get upset over about this, Disney getting a little bad press by association is hardly at the top of the list.

On a side note did you hear about the Wisconsin school principal? I just saw that on Nancy Grace last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter