• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breaking Dining News

I am 14 and belive it or not became friends with the one of the vice presidents of WDW Operations. I called him 2 years ago to give feedback on how our family loved WDW and how we visit 20+ times. To make a long story short we were suppose to get together on my trip 2 years ago to WDW but he got sick and was unable to visit. So sent a nice gift to my hotel for me to have as apology. He told me if I ever have problems or concerns to call him... So I called hime today and acutally remembered me belive it or now and said mature and wise I sound now. LOL Here is the deal: Disney Dining doesnt know but they suspended using the policy, he said they got many mad guest calling and complaining. He also understands why us DVC members were very upset and felt like we were getting the shaft. Disney Dining will be notified soon he said but not now. I hope this helps people calm down a lot. The policy there in will stay the same. My mom said I shouldn't give his name out and of course not his number so he doesnt get a flood of calls. This information is real so dont just take it as a joke but me.
I hope this helps
Matt :D

Thanks for the info Matt. That is good news. Hopefully it will make it down through the ranks by Monday or the phone lines are going to crazy !!!

I did my part today and sent an e-mail to Guest Relations to voice my concerns over the policy.

btw.....that's really cool that you've made friends with a V.P. at WDW. Good for you !!!

Thanks for that info Matt.

And some unsolicitated advice: If anyone emails you I still wouldn't give out your friend's name or phone number. He was gracious enough to give you the information, you don't want it to backfire on him. :D

Matt,

Thanks for posting! You made me feel better and I'm not even a DVC owner! ;)

I agree with figment...it's nice to have friends in high places sometimes!:D

Originally posted by Miss Jasmine
Thanks for that info Matt.

And some unsolicitated advice: If anyone emails you I still wouldn't give out your friend's name or phone number. He was gracious enough to give you the information, you don't want it to backfire on him. :D

Thanks for the info Matt. I agree with Miss Jasmine, I wouldn't give any info out. :D

Thank you for sharing! Very interesing! There is a similar post here that someone spoke with a manager...hopefully you are both right!

FYI:beattyfamily-you probably ment the same thing but he is acutally far above a manger. Just wanted to make things clear.
Matt

Matt, thanks for the info and I applaud your wisdom in deciding to not give out your friend's name.

Originally posted by Donalds_best_pal
Disney Dining doesnt know but they suspended using the policy, he said they got many mad guest calling and complaining. He also understands why us DVC members were very upset and felt like we were getting the shaft.

Hello Matt, I must have missed something... what policy are you refering to?

:p

Matt, thanks for the great info, I hope it all works out. You are a great asset to the DIS, keep on posting.

Scott

Don't you just love this information super highway ? If this is true , ( great job Matt on being so informative without given info we really didn't need ) it makes you rethink that saying that a few folks really can make a difference . My next trip is not until next December and when I read the thread earlier today after getting Scott's update email I thought here we go again . ( Our first time staying on property was just before they canceled early entry. I was one of the many who sent in a complaint , and even recieved a call from someone from Disney ). Of course it wasn't reinstated until after our second on property stay. :( Our trip next year may be off property , so this new policy would have really effected me . ( We always eat two or more character meals no matter where we stay ). We had also planned to buy annual passes , so that we could come back twice within the year . Maybe now I won't have to send a complaint email .

The new policy was going to state: all guest who book through Walt Disney Travel Co could making dining reservations 180 Days in advance, other guests would be able to make remaining reservations 90 days in advance. Disney decided to suspend the use of this policy.
Matt

The person I know in the company emailed me to let me know all PS except for Dinner shows and V&A will now be 90 Days in Advance.
Matt

Thanks for the update, Matt. Hope both of your trips are magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter