Breaking ABD NEWS

Wow - Greece! My Fiance and I were planning to take the traditional Australia AbD for our honeymoon, but now with this addition (and the new Australia and Tasmania) this is going to make our decision a lot more difficult - a good problem to have!

Can't wait for the details about these upcoming trips - and to potentially work with Disney Dreams Unlimited :)

I would be very happy to help plan your ABD honeymoon and will do everything I can to assist in any way.

I do need to let you know that while Dreams Unlimited Travel specializes in Disney travel....and ABD is my specialty....we are not part of the Disney company.

We are an independent travel agency specializing in Disney.

I apologize if this is redundant information. I just dont want anyone to be mislead.

Thanks,
Kevin

When we were on SWS a couple of weeks ago our guide Tiffany told me that Mike Cooke (our fantastic guide in Alaksa and from SWS or Costa Rica for some of you) has left ABD and taken a job at Aulani. John, do you know if he is involved with excursions at the resort?

I just asked my contact at Aulani and he tells me that Mike Cooke is the Guest Services Manager for all excursions at Aulani.

Sounds to me like the excursions at Aulani are in very good hands!!!!

Waa! I was really hoping for a Hawaiian ABD in 2012... I wonder what the cost would be to do it on my own & do the excursions vs doing it with ABD?

Sayhello

thought i wud jump in and try to assist.:goodvibes

from what I am doing, the est total cost of Hawaii (Room & Tax, meals, excursions, souvineers, etc) will run approx $650-$700 a day.

Total est cost of my 2 Abd trips using the above same premise - about the same.

So, to me....jump in and see the Aloha Statepopcorn::.

Ya can't go wrong -:woohoo:

T.T.F.N.

I just asked my contact at Aulani and he tells me that Mike Cooke is the Guest Services Manager for all excursions at Aulani.

Sounds to me like the excursions at Aulani are in very good hands!!!!
Very, very cool! Thanks for confirming that, John! :woohoo:

Sayhello

That is great news about Mike Cooke. We knew he was originally from Hawaii. Just another reason to book Aulani!:thumbsup2 Like we needed another reason!:rotfl2:

We loved Mike on SWS! Glad to hear he is still with Disney.

As an aside, everytime I see the heading of this thread, my brain somehow scrambles the letters and I read it as "Breaking Bad NEWS"... I'm glad each time I realize I'm wrong and it isn't bad news!

Question for DisneyKevin - I'm a DVC member. If I use points for one person on an Adventures by Disney trip and pay for the other person would there be any discounts or advantages to doing the second person through Dreams unlimited and is it possible to do it this way?

Question for DisneyKevin - I'm a DVC member. If I use points for one person on an Adventures by Disney trip and pay for the other person would there be any discounts or advantages to doing the second person through Dreams unlimited and is it possible to do it this way?

Unfortunately, travel agents are unable to book anything using DVC points. That must be done through DVC Member Services.

We would be able to book the person paying in cash, but then each person would be booked as a single and wind up paying the single supplement....and that makes no sense.

In order to get the best pricing, you would need to book everything through DVC member services.

Hi DisneyKevin,

For our family of four, would it be possible to book two thru dvc and book the other 2 thru dreamsunlimited? Would there be any trouble linking the points and cash reservation together? Thanks.

Unfortunately, travel agents are unable to book anything using DVC points. That must be done through DVC Member Services.

We would be able to book the person paying in cash, but then each person would be booked as a single and wind up paying the single supplement....and that makes no sense.

In order to get the best pricing, you would need to book everything through DVC member services.

I'm really interested in the Greece trip. Looking into doing my first ABD in 2012 and trying to decide between Greece and Italy.

Hi DisneyKevin,

For our family of four, would it be possible to book two thru dvc and book the other 2 thru dreamsunlimited? Would there be any trouble linking the points and cash reservation together? Thanks.

That scenario works fine, where booking the party of two didnt work for the reason I explained.

If you have any questions....please feel free to email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Thanks!

Hi Kevin--

Thanks so much for posting this info! Will the new Australia itinerary replace the current one, or will there now be two choices?

Thanks!

Thank you for this info!
Esprit de france sounds like it might be perfect for my daughter and me!! Can't wait to find out more :yay:

Hi Kevin--

Thanks so much for posting this info! Will the new Australia itinerary replace the current one, or will there now be two choices?

Thanks!

It's my understanding that both will be offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter