Breakfast

Poppins2010

Mouseketeer
Heading to Aulani in January, and haven't been there is several years. I know there have been several changes, and that is to be expected. I'm feeling a little disappointed in 2 of them; no more adult pool and no AMA AMA breakfast (oh, that Hawaiian bread basket!).
I'm looking for suggestions for 1) places to escape the kids for a bit, and 2), places for breakfast.
What are your favorites? TIA

They still have the adult infinity hot tubs with some chairs up there to hang out in all day. Even though the quiet pool isn’t adult only anymore, it was still pretty quiet when we were there. Although Makahiki is a character breakfast, we had a great time there one morning. We had the first seating of the day at 7 am and it was surprisingly relaxing and quiet. We loved the live music and the food was actually really good. We got some sort of bread basket (not sure if it’s the same). As we were leaving though, the line to meet Mickey was HUGE. Quite the far cry from walking right up to him and getting seated immediately at 7 am.

We split this trip with a few nights on Waikiki beach and had breakfast and Dukes and Hula Grill which were both amazing and would be worth a trip over there in my opinion! The views alone were incredible and excellent food as well.

I'm not a superfan of it but Eggs n' Things opened up across the street in Ko Olina Station as a breakfast option

I'm not a superfan of it but Eggs n' Things opened up across the street in Ko Olina Station as a breakfast option
I will flip the other side...our family loved all the choices for breakfest at Eggs n things. So much so I had to find the sausage so my wife could have it each morning in our room...lol...still cant find something close here in Toronto

We stayed at Aulani in June and while I did miss the AMA AMA breakfast, I thought that the breakfast at Makahiki was nearly comparable. Yes, the prix-fixe pricing is high (and we miss the breakfast buffet a bit), but the characters are still there, and honestly I thought that the quality of the food was excellent. I LOVED the Loco Moco at AMA AMA in 2018 and I thought the one I had at Makahiki this year was just as great if not better! Plus, the bread service was excellent and you cannot complain about all the POG juice you can enjoy!

We also very much liked the cinnamon roll/bun that they sold at the Olelo Room one morning.

I second Eggs N Things across the way from Aulani. We enjoyed it very much in June.

And just to put it out there...the Sunday brunch at La Hiki at the Four Seasons next door was AMAZING!

I love the character breakfast at Makahiki.

Ulu Cafe has a delicious Açaí bowl and Smoked Salmon Bagel sandwich.

The ABC store across the street has a very good selection of both grab and go and made to order food items.

I always buy PB&J sandwiches at the ABC stores. For some reason they just taste better.

If you are part of the early chair reservation crew then waiting until 8am and then getting breakfast from Off the Hook is a nice option.

You can not mobile order breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter