Breakfast with QSDP

elphie101

Left my heart in Tomorrowland
Hi all - I'm heading down to the world next week with DBF and we'll be on the QSDP (our first time). At least for me, I'm a huuuuge breakfast fan on vacation, especially stuff like french toast that I'm far too lazy to make at home ;) But where there's only 2 CS meals a day, I figured I'd make due with a pastry or cinnamon roll (aka a snack credit), but I'd really like to indulge. My question is, for those who have used a CS meal for breakfast, how do you make up for it later in the day? Any filling snacks that can be used as lunch? A meal OOP? I appreciate the help!

I admit, I usually use a SC for breakfast but I'm addicted to Babycakes doughnuts. There are a few SC that can work really well as a lite lunch. You could split CS meals, the portions can be pretty big at some places, and use a SC for an extra drink or side item. Spliting a CS may work best at breakfast since you'd have your mugs and add a SC of potatoes or sausage. Check some of the menus before you go to see some ideas.

Adding a couple of the cheaper TS oop is a good idea too. The Plaza in MK, Sci-Fi in HS, and Kona Cafe at the Poly are sometimes passed over by those on the DDP because they aren't a good value but they are great for someone wanting a nice seat down meal without paying an arm&leg. Really, you could eat at any of the higher end TS and just order apps & desert or share a meal.

sometimes we have split breakfast & split lunch...some of those counter service meals are quite large.

For example, there's a breakfast at most resort counter service places that has a name like "Bounty Platter"...it's scrambled eggs, biscuit, bacon and waffle. We'll use my counter service credit for the day and split that breakfast. Then at lunch, say we're in Magic Kingdom...we'll go to Cosmic Ray's and get the chicken/ribs combo (comes with 1/4 chicken, ribs, m. potatoes & green beans) Again, way too much food for 1 person so we split that.

Or you can just pay OOP for a counter service meal later in the day.

Coming in late on the first day and leaving early on the last day, I usually have CS I can use for some breakfasts, like the Tonga toast at Captain Cooks in Polly or the made to order omlet at Riverside. Other then that we use SC for maybe a hot cinnamon bun or blueberry muffin at the resort we stay at. Or if in the park a cupcake at Staring Rolls or a cinnamon roll at Main Street Bakery or I Epcot something at the Kringla bakery. I would pay OOP for a breakfast rather then for a lunch or dinner if you will not have enough CS.

When we go we usually go for 9 or 10 nights with 3 of us and usually have plenty of CS credits. We save up some for the last day to use to buy meals to eat on the plane on our way home. How do we do it? Like PP said by sharing meals. Since we don't usually have desserts with all our meals we find that sharing meals sometimes works fine for us especially when we get desserts.

Also sometimes we will get a meal and a snack to share for lunch or dinner. For example when we ate at PB last year my DM and I shared the taco salad and an order of onion rings. 1 SC and 1 CS. We've also done something similar at Cookes of Dublin. 2 CS meals and 1 SC between the 3 of us.

Typically we don't use any of our CS credits for breakfast until at least 1/2 way through our trip. Until we know how many we we'll have to use up. Personally I don't really care for the CS breakfasts served at the resorts. Last year since we had good meals at Contempo Cafe for dinner we decided to venture over there for breakfast one day. Turns out they basically have the same breakfasts as at POP. We did get the bounty platter and yes, while it is plenty of food, we didn't care for it.

The one great CS meal we did have was at WPE. Very good. So good my DM went up to the chef and thanked her for the best omelette she ever had. That's the first time she has even thanked a chef. :) Speaking of WPE that's great place to share an entree. Many of the meals are quite large and totally shareable.

For example....

WDW09053.jpg

Pennette Chicken Alfredo

103_3125.jpg

Creme Brulee

103_3117.jpg

Pizza

103_3120.jpg

Rosemary Chicken

Another great meal that is shareable is the 1/2 fried chicken at POFQ
wdw2011008-3.jpg

Here it is with a build-your-own Shrimp Salad

Breakfast is actually pretty cheap at disney and a very poor use of cs credits.

If you use your mugs you can order almost any breakfast for under 10 dollars and some of those are shareable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter