Breakfast? Which place is best?

Stacy O

Earning My Ears
I'm taking three teens to Disneyland for xmas. Our last day we will be checking out of the hotel and heading home so I wanted to take them to a nice breakfast so it would be more relaxed than breakfast and hoping the park isn't full during xmas week.

I'm torn between the Goofys kitchen brunch and steakhouse 55. I actually prefer the sound of steakhouse 55 so I'm basically hoping people have good things to say about it. Lol

Thoughts?

My daughter is going to Goofy's Kitchen for brunch with her friends. I think it really depends on what sort of experience you're looking for. I like both.

We did breakfast at Steakhouse 55 on our last trip and it was delicious! There are a few more options than the restaurants in the park, the food was great and prepared perfectly, and the service was awesome too. I had the omlette with ham, cheese, and mushrooms with tasty breakfast potatoes and toast, and my husband had the steak and eggs which he predictably loved. I did feel like it was a bit more fancy than I was used to, but that may have been aided by the 3 layers of tablecloth and emptiness of the dining room. If it was busier, I probably wouldn't have felt so... observed! We have also done breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen and it was a completely different experience that I have no need to repeat again! Mostly because of the expense to meet a small group of characters that were frankly everywhere inside the parks. The food was varied but definitely more of a buffet quality where it is pretty clear there is another pan of previously prepared food in the warmer in the kitchen. Precooked bacon and barely seared sausage are my least favorite breakfast meats though. The atmosphere at Goofy's was very fun with the characters parading through and napkin twirling and general silliness that Steakhouse 55 could never compete with!

Have fun planning!

Steakhouse 55 has one of the best breakfasts at the resort, and it doesn't often require reservations (in our experience at least). Prices were pretty standard for the resort; more than Denny's (but better food).

We also really enjoyed the Carnation Cafe, as you can sit looking out at Main Street (which is a treat in itself). It requires reservations on busier days, but it was reasonably priced (for DL food) and it has a really neat selection of Walt-esque breakfast foods on the menu. I recently had chicken-fried-steak and eggs and Oscar's classic all-American breakfast (both were great). My wife had the fritas and the eggs beni (both were also great). The kids tried the parfait and pancakes both times, and they loved both.

Ah much thanks. My son is a food snob and always enjoys a great breakfast. I figured this would be a nice departure from the norm since we will be eating at the regular in park haunts. Thanks everyone!

I took my DD15 to SH55 for breakfast a few times on our last trip and she and I both enjoyed it. The food was lovely, the service was great and the surrounds were nice and peaceful.

Definitely Steakhouse 55!! We love to have breakfast there and it's a very good deal IMO. I personally don't care for the food at Goofy's; it's really quite mediocre but the price is very high because of the characters. My family doesn't care at all about the characters and prefers the more elegant (and quieter) atmosphere at SH55.

Definitely Steakhouse 55!! We love to have breakfast there and it's a very good deal IMO. I personally don't care for the food at Goofy's; it's really quite mediocre but the price is very high because of the characters. My family doesn't care at all about the characters and prefers the more elegant (and quieter) atmosphere at SH55.
That's how I'm feeling. I'm taking my daughter her boyfriend and my son so the ages are 17,18,19. The boyfriend has never been to Disneyland and so I was struggling with the idea of the full Disney experience. That said 5 days at Disney is experience enough :). Thanks for the advice

Before I saw your choices, my thought was Steakhouse 55. They have a great breakfast there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter