• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast the last day

LivingtheWDWdream

Dreamin of Disney!
On the last day I know breakfast for main dining is quite early and we are just not early risers and the last 2 cruises we were late dining and the breakfast times were perfect for us. Do they serve breakfast at Topsiders/Beach blanket Buffet the last morning for those who wish to say their goodbyes the night before and skip that early breakfast? or could we go to the later breakfast and still be seated maybe not at our table but at least in the dining room?

We don't want to switch to late dining due to the problems we had with pirate party night and the fact we were so full we just didn't feel up to doing any of the nightclubs etc. So we want to have the early dinner so we can digest and then enjoy the evening.

Any suggestions help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

On the last day I know breakfast for main dining is quite early and we are just not early risers and the last 2 cruises we were late dining and the breakfast times were perfect for us. Do they serve breakfast at Topsiders/Beach blanket Buffet the last morning for those who wish to say their goodbyes the night before and skip that early breakfast? or could we go to the later breakfast and still be seated maybe not at our table but at least in the dining room?

We don't want to switch to late dining due to the problems we had with pirate party night and the fact we were so full we just didn't feel up to doing any of the nightclubs etc. So we want to have the early dinner so we can digest and then enjoy the evening.

Any suggestions help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Yes, Topsiders/BBB is open for breakfast, but closes very promptly at 8:30. They close the doors and take the food away from the buffet line at that point, so I would suggest not showing up any later than 8:15 if you want to eat. You might be able to go to the later seating in the dining room, but we have never tried to do it (we always have had main dining, thus early last breakfast).

Thanks we'd be ok with breakast at 7:45 but I read breakfast for main dining is at like 6:45am since we always need to pack last minute carry on items and all get ready that is one early wake up call to be at breakfast! So if BBB will be open we will utilize that for breakfast.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Thanks we'd be ok with breakast at 7:45 but I read breakfast for main dining is at like 6:45am since we always need to pack last minute carry on items and all get ready that is one early wake up call to be at breakfast! So if BBB will be open we will utilize that for breakfast.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

You're welcome.

Out of 9 DCL cruises, we have never made it to the dining room for breakfast on the last morning (I need all the beauty sleep I can get!). We always say our goodbyes the night before and head up to Topsiders/BBB around 8:00am (when they want you out of your cabin anyway) for a leisurely breakfast. Then take one last stroll around deck 9 and down to the atrium to disembark. We REALLY hate leaving the ship, so we try to stretch out that last morning as much as possible.

We are always at Topsider's/Beach Blanket about 8am on disembarktion day. When having late dining, we could make breakfast at 745am, but often did the buffett anyway. I love choices-especially loading up on all the fruit one more time. The past 2 cruises we have enjoyed main dining, and there is no way I would get myself, DH, and DD to breakfast at 645am. We too say our good-byes to table mates and dining team the night before.

We do the same as these posters. We love sitting out on deck eating the final breakfast. Though they stop serving at 8:30, we have always stayed at our table finishing our meal until 9. Then the nice stroll down, and if there is a long line getting off (usually not, but it has happened) we relax in the lounge off the atrium. Then off the ship, no lines to get off or to get past immigration/customs, and a nice days drive to wherever. I understand if you have a flight to catch you might not have this luxury, but if you have park there I highly recommend this plan!

What time do you have until to get your carry-ons out of the room on that last day? Can you go to the buffet and come back to the room before leaving?

What time do you have until to get your carry-ons out of the room on that last day? Can you go to the buffet and come back to the room before leaving?

DCL requires that you be totally out of your room by 0800. If you can do the buffet and get back before then, you might be okay but let your stateroom attendant know just in case.

I just got off the wonder on friday and had the first dinning and the last day breakfast was at 630 and I didnt get much to eat for breakfast I should have gone up stairs to the buffet like i did last year. You should eat upstairs at the buffet you get more of a menu choice:rotfl2:

You have until 9am to get off the ship.We just got the ship on friday and left our carry ons in our room while we had breakfast

I thought they want you to bring your carry on to breakfast and not return to your stateroom. When we left our cabin for breakfast, the room attendant was watching and before we were even a few steps away, she was already in our room cleaning it.

I would take my things to breakfast just so the stateroom host can get in and start turning the ship around for the next cruise. They have only 4 hours to get all the rooms ready. They do tell you in the dining rooms to bring everything with you.

I thought they want you to bring your carry on to breakfast and not return to your stateroom. When we left our cabin for breakfast, the room attendant was watching and before we were even a few steps away, she was already in our room cleaning it.

If you go to breakfast and are back to your cabin by 8:00 I see no reason why you can't leave your carryons in your cabin. We prefer the buffet on the last morning and we get all packed up, leave our cabin for breakfast and return before 8:00 to pick up our carryons and leave the cabin. I was never a fan of that last morning in the dining room. Servers are rushed, food just OK and croweded with people and their carryons. I much prefer the buffet.

MJ

If you go to breakfast and are back to your cabin by 8:00 I see no reason why you can't leave your carryons in your cabin. We prefer the buffet on the last morning and we get all packed up, leave our cabin for breakfast and return before 8:00 to pick up our carryons and leave the cabin. I was never a fan of that last morning in the dining room. Servers are rushed, food just OK and croweded with people and their carryons. I much prefer the buffet.

MJ
I'm totally with you on this. That last morning felt weird. I remember them telling us to take the carry-ons with us to breakfast at 6:30. I understand they have a lot to do, so I did it but I felt a little like herded cattle. The next cruise I'll do exactly what you recomend. I'll just let the steward know because they work their butts off and deserve the heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter