Breakfast Television contest

Hi everyone, yes we're back and I'll be posting the TR soon, hopefully tonight. I'm on a bad WI-FI connection right now but I've posted our first day to my blog.

Congrats on winning the trip! I PVR'd both BT and Cityline this morning. It looked like a lot of winners! What did you have to do to enter the contest? Can't wait to read your trip report!
Contest entry was in March, you just had to fill out the entry online and submit a photo showing your Disney Side. Each week there was a different theme, Royalty, Wild, Goofy and Classic if memory serves me correctly. We won on the last day of the contest which was quite the surprise.

So glad to hear you had a great trip! Spent some time with my daughter Shayna over the weekend.....she said it was a great group of people! :)

So glad to hear you had a great trip! Spent some time with my daughter Shayna over the weekend.....she said it was a great group of people! :)
Hi Bonnie, it was a pleasure meeting Shayna and everyone was so fun and friendly, definitely a once in a lifetime experience we'll cherish. Only wish it could have been longer, went by so quickly.

So, here's a the start of my trip report. I'll get this completed and over on the TR board soon.

My family was one of the last lucky winners of a trip to Walt Disney World with WestJet to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Breakfast Television, a morning show in Canada. We won by entering online and submitting a photo showing our Disney Side. Our prize included the following:

• 4 return direct flights to MCO on WestJet
  • 4 - 6 day Magic your way theme park tickets with park hopping and Water parks + more
  • 5 nights accommodation at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge ( we got Savannah view)
  • Disney gift card $600 USD
  • 5 special FassPass+ per person per day, these could not be booked in advance. Just walk up to the FP entrance of the attraction and you're in. This was beyond awesome.

Our itinerary had free time to visit the parks and several special events for which we received cool lanyards.
  • Reserved seating for the Jon Secada "Just Another Day" performance at the Garden Rocks theatre
  • Private IllumiNations Dessert Party
  • Group Sunset Safari after park closing
  • Attending the live broadcast of Breakfast Television and Cityline from Epcot
Day 1: Travel day
Our morning began with a 7AM flight to MCO. We arrived at our departing airport around 5AM so it’s a good thing we’re normally early risers. :) Our check in was quick and the WestJet staff were friendly and helpful. The security check and U.S. Customs clearance also went smoothly and the boys enjoyed walking to the gate to stretch their legs and burn off some energy before boarding. Our boys were well behaved and kept themselves entertained throughout the flight with movies, LeapPad games and Crayola Color Wonder colouring pages. Arriving at MCO we had to collect our luggage and bring it to the Magical Express bus to take us to the resort. Normally we use the luggage tags but we didn’t receive them in time, thanks Canada Post. While it was nice not having to wait for our luggage at the resort, I definitely prefer waiting for the luggage delivery over lugging it through MCO with kids, carry ons and a stroller.

Checking in at Animal Kingdom Lodge was awesome, entering the dark soaring lobby after a busy travel morning had such a calm, relaxing effect. Our room with a view of animals grazing the savannah was more spectacular than we could have ever imagined. After a quick refresh we headed down to The Mara for some lunch. It felt great to eat outside feeling the warm breeze, but boys being boys they were more interested in chasing salamanders and bugs than eating. After a brief nap we headed out to the Magic Kingdom. The skies were dark and menacing but it was warm and felt good to be back at our happy place. Our first stop was Town Square Theatre to meet Mickey Mouse and take some fun pictures with him. Next we rode Mad Tea Party, Haunted Mansion and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train before grabbing a quick supper at Columbia Harbour House. Upon returning to the lodge for a good nights rest we discovered an unexpected surprise, some awesome swag waiting for us in our room. A truly magical first day and so lucky to be part of this awesome event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter