Breakfast reservations-To cancel or not to cancel...

sunshinejk

Mouseketeer
I am strugglingif I want to cancel a couple of our breakfast ressies or not. We have the deluxe dining plan, and I think we will be eating a LOT and am thinking maybe we don't need 3 big meals. We got the deluxe plan because there are quite a few 2 voucher meals we wanted to try.

I have breakfast reservations for: Akershus, Boma, and Kona cafe. We will keep Kona for sure, as we LOVE the Tonga Toast and we are absolutely going to go there. But we are trying to decide on Akershu and Boma. We have been to Akershus for the lunch and have never been to Boma. Is it something that is just OK, or will we regret not going?

As I have our reservations now, we will be one over on our meal plan, so will have to pay for one out of pocket.

And on another note, we really aren't HUGE breakfast eaters. I do love breakfast foods, but we typically eat small for breakfast, (Fruit, toast, poptart, etc) small lunch and dinner is our main meal. I'm thinking of just bringing a couple boxes of pop tarts and granola bars in our suitcases, and that will be our breakfast in the room while we are getting ready in the morning. What else have people done for in-room breakfasts? We will be at the Port Orleans, so I believe we will have a small fridge.

Thanks~

I am strugglingif I want to cancel a couple of our breakfast ressies or not. We have the deluxe dining plan, and I think we will be eating a LOT and am thinking maybe we don't need 3 big meals. We got the deluxe plan because there are quite a few 2 voucher meals we wanted to try.

I have breakfast reservations for: Akershus, Boma, and Kona cafe. We will keep Kona for sure, as we LOVE the Tonga Toast and we are absolutely going to go there. But we are trying to decide on Akershu and Boma. We have been to Akershus for the lunch and have never been to Boma. Is it something that is just OK, or will we regret not going?

As I have our reservations now, we will be one over on our meal plan, so will have to pay for one out of pocket.

And on another note, we really aren't HUGE breakfast eaters. I do love breakfast foods, but we typically eat small for breakfast, (Fruit, toast, poptart, etc) small lunch and dinner is our main meal. I'm thinking of just bringing a couple boxes of pop tarts and granola bars in our suitcases, and that will be our breakfast in the room while we are getting ready in the morning. What else have people done for in-room breakfasts? We will be at the Port Orleans, so I believe we will have a small fridge.

Thanks~

I ask this in complete seriousness and without any intended snark, but if you like a small breakfast and lunch, then why are you doing the Deluxe Dining Plan?

We did DxDP last October and it is a lot of food. And we basically did TS breakfasts and Signature dinners with shared CS lunches in between.

If you cancel those breakfasts, where else will you use those credits?

We had the same plan as you when we did the deluxe plan. For us, we did big breakfasts and big dinners. We figured we would do snacks for lunches a few days so we had enough meals to go to several signature dinners. We filled up at breakfast so we could survive the day. We needed all the nourishment we could get. It worked out well for us, so don't forget all the extra energy you'll need!!

We booked the deluxe plan because we knew we wanted to do a lot of 2 meal plan meals. We have a ressie for Brown Derby, California Grill, La Cellier candle light procession, Garden Grill Candle light procession, Cinderellas Royal table and Folton's Crabhouse and those are all meals what redeem two. Plus on those days, we also have a 1 meal sit down reservation. As a group of 10, we sat down and decided which restaurants we really wanted to try and these were it. I tossed in the breakfasts, not realizing Foltons was a 2 meal. We also had La Cellier booked as candle light procession and hadn't planned Garden Grill as candle light procession, but it was the ONLY spot open, so became 2 meals vs. 1. That is another whole story as we have not had luck getting into a "normal" meal for La Cellier or Garden Grille, which were high on the must eat at list, so we will pay the extra meal for candle light procession, even though we will only go to one of the shows. So that is how we got one over. As I have it now WITH the three breakfasts, we are over one meal. I know it's going to be a ton of food but with where we wanted to eat, it wouldn't have worked going down a level.

If I cancel one breakfast, it will get us even for meals as I have everything else booked.

If I cancel two, we will have one more meal we can redeem. We don't have a lunch resersved on our first day, so we could use it there.

Our last full day, we also only have Foltons Crabhouse for dinner, so we could use it for lunch. This is how I have our week planned out....

Sunday, December 23, 2012 Meals
7:50 am to 12:05 pm Flight to Orlando, FL
12:05 pm to 1:30 pm Baggage check/Transfer/Port Orleans French Quarter
Hotel Confirmation #
8am to 1am Magic Kingdom
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Dinner: California Grill 2
Confirmation #
Dress Code
2 Tables
Cancellation Policy

Monday, December 24, 2012
8:00am to 8:00 pm MGM Hollywood Studios
12:20 pm to 2:20 pm Lunch: 50's Prime Time Café 1
Confirmation #
2 Tables
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Supper: Brown Derby 2
Confirmation #
All at same table
Cancellation Policy

Tuesday, December 25, 2012
9:00 am to 12:30 am Epcot
8:00 am to 9:00 am Breakfast: Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory 1
quick service meal
11:55 am to 1:55 pm Lunch: La Cellier 2
Confirmation #
Candle Light procession 5pm
5:40 pm to 7:40 pm The Garden Grill 2
Confirmation #
Candle Light Procession at 8:15pm
2 tables
Must cancel within 48 hours or charged full price

Wednesday, December 26, 2012
9:00 am to 8:00 pm Animal Kingdom
8:00 am to 9:30 am Breakfast: Boma-Flavors of Africa 1
Confirmation #
2 Tables
12:10 am to 2:10 pm Lunch: Tusker House 1
2 tables
Cancellation Policy
Supper: Yak and Yeti 1
Confirmation #'s
2 tables, will try to get us all at one.

Thursday, December 27, 2012
9:00 am to 12:30 am Epcot
8:10 am to 9:40 am Breakfast: Akershus 1
Confirmation #
2 tables
Cancellation policy
12:15 pm to 2:15 pm Lunch: Rose and Crown Pub (UK) 1
Confirmation #
2 tables
7pm to 9 pm Supper: Teppan Edo (China) 1
Confirmation #
All at same table

Friday, December 28, 2012
8:00 am to 2:00 am Magic Kingdom
8:00 am to 9:30 am Breakfast: Kona Café 1
Confirmation #
Polynesian
12:10 pm to 2:10 pm Lunch: Crystal Palace 1
Confirmation #
7pm to 9pm Supper: Cinderella's Royal Table 2
Confirmation #
2 tables
cancellation policy 24 hours or full price

Saturday, December 29, 2012
ON YOUR OWN, Choose your park - MEET FOR SUPPER
5:10 pm to 7:10 pm Supper: Foltons Crabhouse 2
Confirmation #
Downtown Disney

Sunday, December 30, 2012
ON YOUR OWN - Departure Day
10:00 am to 10:30 am Check-Out and Magical Express pickup
Flight Home
1:45pm to 4:15pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter