Breakfast please!

How does the seating work for breakfast?

At Topsiders/Beach Blanket Buffet you find your own table once you are through the buffet line (or you can find a table first and then go back to the buffet line). At Parrot Cay and Lumiere's/Triton's you are seated by a host. At both of these places they sometimes seat you with others and sometimes not. If you have a preference just let them know.

Havent cruised yet but here is our plans:

DD LOVES buffest for breakfast so on port days we plan topsides

Sea days I want to do Lumiere's sit down

Castaway Cay days we plan to do room service as I want to be there ASAP!

When do you have to eat at a certain time?

On disembarkation day. The night before they let you know your assigned breakfast time.
It worked out good for us because we had late seating so our breakfast time was 8:15 AM and living in FL we didn't have any plain to catch.:thumbsup2
If the time is not convenient for you you can go to BBB.

Me and my younger DD (early riser) would go down for the sit down table service at opening ---- I cannot get enough of the eggs benedict.

Than after the sleepyheads DW , other DD and DS get up we head up to the buffet as a family.

I usuallly get up early before everyone, run on Deck 4 for a while, check my work e-mail, then head to Topsiders to load up a tray to take back to the room for everyone as they are just waking up. Normally by the time I get back, the kids are awake and have the TV on and DH is still snoring away.

In August, I'm taking the kids alone on the Wonder and I'm debating how to make that work! I don't think I'm going to mind leaving the kids to snooze while I run since I always agree to a special knock with DD for her to open the door, and they love to get their breakfast in bed, so it might still work out. I usually load up a plate with scrambled eggs, bacon, and a couple of chocolate croissants. I love the corned beef hash when they have it!

We went to Luminiere's once and once was too much. The service was HORRIBLE and the food was worse. I actually had to take a tone with the waiters after asking for toast, lox for bagel and ketchup for hashbrowns 3 times. Finally showed up after the meal was done. I feel sorry for the families that had them for their dinner rotations. The mickey waffles were inedible and the omelets were empty. Both our family and the family we were seated with agreed never again. The food at Topsiders was MUCH better (omelets and Mickey waffles were great :thumbsup2 ) or we ordered room service when we had early morning excursions plans.

: GEEZ! I sure wish I were there now!! :rotfl:

DITTO to that!

The jury's out for me. Some mornings I want the leisure of being served, other days I'd rather have the quickness of the buffet. We've only been on two Disney cruises, so maybe, in 4 more cruises, I'll have an opinion.

My hubby and the rest of the guys in our group would definitely vote Topsiders as number one for breakfast. Why? BACON of course. They loved being able to get as much as their little clogged hearts desired.

We went to Luminiere's once and once was too much. The service was HORRIBLE and the food was worse. I actually had to take a tone with the waiters after asking for toast, lox for bagel and ketchup for hashbrowns 3 times. Finally showed up after the meal was done. I feel sorry for the families that had them for their dinner rotations. The mickey waffles were inedible and the omelets were empty. Both our family and the family we were seated with agreed never again. The food at Topsiders was MUCH better (omelets and Mickey waffles were great :thumbsup2 ) or we ordered room service when we had early morning excursions plans.

There is an entirely new brunch-type menu at Lumiere's now. It debuted in December '07. While that won't help with less-than-stellar servers, the food is definitely worth trying!

we liked to order room service on port days when we went for excursions. On sea days, we liked to eat at Topsider. They have an awesome breakfast buffet with plenty of choices. We liked sitting outside on deck 9 looking out at sea!

WOW! Thanks for all the advice everyone!
I do have another question...I am one of the "early risers"....I am usually up by 5:00. We have a cat 6 and after reading all of this I think it would be nice to go get a cup of coffee, some fruit and maybe some toast and come back to room, spend a little quiet time eating on verandah waiting for my family to wake up. What time does BBB/topsiders (can't remember which is on Wonder) open?
Thanks

WOW! Thanks for all the advice everyone!
I do have another question...I am one of the "early risers"....I am usually up by 5:00. We have a cat 6 and after reading all of this I think it would be nice to go get a cup of coffee, some fruit and maybe some toast and come back to room, spend a little quiet time eating on verandah waiting for my family to wake up. What time does BBB/topsiders (can't remember which is on Wonder) open?
Thanks

I believe it opens at 7:00. Goofy's Galley opens a bit earlier (6:30ish) and you can get some fruit/pastries there. The beverage station is open 24/7 so you can get coffee anytime you'd like. Room service is also available 24/7.

There is an entirely new brunch-type menu at Lumiere's now. It debuted in December '07. While that won't help with less-than-stellar servers, the food is definitely worth trying!

We just went on the April 19th Western and the menu we had was just standard fare. We went on Sunday, Key West day. :confused3

We just went on the April 19th Western and the menu we had was just standard fare. We went on Sunday, Key West day. :confused3

That's odd. Was the menu Beauty & the Beast themed? I can't imagine they got rid of that menu as it was fantastic. Perhaps they use a more standard menu on port days.

If you receive poor service at any meal , let your dinner servers know their income (tips) depend upon you getting great service on all meals.

Once we had a poor luch server , let our dinner servers know and each night they let us know where they would be for lunch and breakfast the next day. When we would show up they went out of the way to make sure they got us and make sure everything was to our satisfaction.

That's odd. Was the menu Beauty & the Beast themed? I can't imagine they got rid of that menu as it was fantastic. Perhaps they use a more standard menu on port days.

No, I had read about the new menu's and I was looking forward to them but the menu was just the same old items. Family boycotted Luminere's after that.

If you receive poor service at any meal , let your dinner servers know their income (tips) depend upon you getting great service on all meals.

Once we had a poor luch server , let our dinner servers know and each night they let us know where they would be for lunch and breakfast the next day. When we would show up they went out of the way to make sure they got us and make sure everything was to our satisfaction.

We did mention to them how bad our servers were at breakfast and were so glad we had them for dinner. They didn't say were they would be but we did see our ***. server at Topsiders and said hi. The breakfast menu at Lumieres was not anything special so we just stuck with Topsiders were there was a much larger selection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter