Breakfast or Lunch at Tusker House?

js121

Earning My Ears
Going to AK for the first time, with two young kids. We want to do Tusker House and were thinking lunch, but I keep seeing good things about breakfast there too. Is there anything I'm missing in deciding? Is one better than the other or is it pretty much a draw?

I haven't had lunch, but years ago, we booked an early entry breakfast and it was SO much fun that it has turned into a family tradition and we make sure to do this every trip.

We did breakfast last year, 8:10 reservation and got in before the park opened. The breakfast was great, we will do it again!

I've only done breakfast, but it was awesome! There was a good mix of familiar things and different things to try. The last time I looked at the lunch menu it seemed skewed to things that are not on a typical American palate - it could have changed though. Just something to consider if you have remotely picky eaters.

We have a breakfast booked. I was a bit worried about the lunch and dinner foods with my picky eaters so I figured breakfast was safest. Plus it's a pre park opening one at 8am so that's a plus for us.

I've done both breakfast and lunch there, and I think you're right-it's pretty much a draw as to which is better. Most recently, we took our 2 DGDs to lunch there and everyone loved it. At first we went there only because we couldn't get the character meal we thought we really wanted. Now, we'd definitely choose Tusker House next time.

Lunch has much more interesting food.

To us at least (vegetarians) there was nothing beyond typical American breakfast at breakfast, and we don't pay character meal prices for breakfast anymore. The only thing I've seen mentioned that is interesting to others is Krispy Kreme. We don't eat those. I find them to be super gross and they have an ingredient DS and DH can't have.

We have done both. We loved our pre-park opening breakfast. It worked great to get us on KS with no wait. The breakfast food was great and the character interaction was also very good.

We were disappointed in the lunch. We had to wait a while past our reservation time outside with lots of hot, sweaty people, the restaurant was jam-packed crowded, and the characters were rushed. We much preferred the breakfast.

Breakfast every trip....8am, done just in time for park opening to walk up to Kilimanjaro Safari and walk on with no wait + they do a great Breakfast spread and Characters come out virtually right away.

Lunch has food just different enough to be interesting, while also appealing even to picky eaters. They have a curry chicken I dream about all year while waiting for our annual visit to Disney! They do have the standard kid section, with mac and cheese, etc.

Another vote for the 10:45 slot. Loved getting to try both breakfast and lunch. If I had to pick between them, I think it would depend on how adventurous my group is. My kids aren't picky and will try anything so I'd go with lunch. If I had more picky kids, I'd go with breakfast. It probably has more safe/well known choices. But both were really good!

We've had an 11am ADR in the past and were able to sample breakfast items before the lunch items appeared. DS (who was 3 at the time) really appreciated the breakfast items (ie bacon & Mickey waffles), but DH & I loved the lunch items. The peri peri marinated salmon was amazing (and this is from someone who generally does not like fish). There was a good selection of familiar foods, but we loved getting to sample some of the more unique food offerings. Next time, we are making an ADR for lunch.

We love to book a 10:30 - 10:45 breakfast and get lunch also!

Yep, best of both worlds. Breakfast and lunch for the price of breakfast. And if you are a bloody mary lover like me, note you can order them from the Dawa Bar in Tusker House and they are delicious.

When I had Deluxe DP once, and I went for breakfast and lunch at the Tusker House on the same day. Breakfast is good, more traditional with a little Mediterranean/African fare. Lunch menu is more interesting. With young children, I would suggest doing the breakfast. Who can resist Mickey waffles?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter