Breakfast Lasagna

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Can someone here please post the recipe. I wanted to share it with someone on the Restaurant board.

Thank you.

Here ya go! :teeth:

Breakfast Lasagna
Crystal Palace, MK - As seen in the Disney Magazine

Pastry Cream:
¾ c sugar
¼ c flour
¼ tsp salt
1½ c milk
6 eggs yolks
1½ tsp vanilla

Custard:
2 eggs
1 c heavy cream
2/3 c half & half
1 Tbl brandy
½ tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
½ c sugar

Casserole:
3 waffles, toasted
3 c pound cake, crumbled
2 bananas, sliced
½ c frozen raspberries
½ c frozen blueberries
4 pancakes, toasted
¼ c brown sugar

Garnish:
1 c fresh berries

Pastry Cream: Whisk sugar, flour, salt & milk in saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to thicken – 5 to 8 min. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the egg yolks slightly. Stir a small amount of the hot milk mixture into the yolks to temper them. Then pour the egg mixture into the milk mixture. Stirring constantly, cook over medium-low heat until it thickens – 3 to 5 min. Remove from heat & stir in vanilla. Cool completely, then chill until needed.

Make custard by whisking all ingredients in a bowl until fully incorporated. Chill until needed.

Preheat the oven to 350. In a buttered 9x9 inch baking pan, layer ingredients in this order:
Waffles, ¾ cup pound cake, ½ of the banana, ¼ cup raspberries, ¼ cup blueberries, pancakes then remaining pound cake. Press down on layers to pack firmly.

Slowly add custard mix until the entire lasagna is saturated. Bake about 60 min (cook until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.) Top with pastry cream & remaining banana. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the top. Place under the broiler until the sugar is just browned. (Watch carefully; this happens quickly.) Garnish with fresh berries.

Serves 4 to 6.

Thanks for posting that! I think it is slightly different than the recipe I have somewhere. I don't think mine has pound cake in it.

Beth E. (NJ) said:
Thanks for posting that! I think it is slightly different than the recipe I have somewhere. I don't think mine has pound cake in it.

I have that other recipe too. That's the one that floated around for quite some time, but people complained that it wasn't like the "real" stuff because it wasn't moist enough.....it was missing the custard part. Evidently this is more like what you get served at WDW.

Here's the other version:

Breakfast Lasagna
from the Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom

(6 servings)

Make the pastry cream first:

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar

In a 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, flour, salt and milk over medium heat and cook stirring until mixture thickens. In a small bowl with a fork, beat egg yolks slightly, beat small amount of milk mixture into yolks. Slowly pour egg mixture back into milk mixture. Stirring constantly, cook over medium low heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Chill cream until ready to use.

Assembly:

6 pancakes
6 waffles
1 pound of strawberries
8 ounces of blueberries

Put a thin layer of Pastry cream in a pan, make a layer of waffles, put a layer of pastry cream. Cut strawberries into slices. Take half the strawberries and half the blueberries and make a layer of fruit. Top the fruit with a layer of pancakes, then layer of pastry cream. Garnish the lasagna with the rest of the strawberries and blueberries. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter