Breakfast in the Boardwalk area??

mrjef

Mouseketeer
Please suggest the best place for breakfast in the Boardwalk area. We are trying to decide if going to Kona cafe is worth the time on transportation or if we should find something around Boardwalk.

mrjef said:
Please suggest the best place for breakfast in the Boardwalk area. We are trying to decide if going to Kona cafe is worth the time on transportation or if we should find something around Boardwalk.

Kouzzina! The French Toast is heavenly. Really great coffee.

I second Kouzzina! Though I had been looking forward to Baklava French Toast (no longer on the menu), the Country French Toast was great!!

Kouzzina (BW)
Fresh (Dolphin)
Cape May (BC)
Captains Grill (YC)

Just some of my favs over at the Epcot resorts.:thumbsup2

I wouldn't trek all the way to Kona (but that's just me).;) Now, The Wave, that's a different story, would definitely trek there.;)

We are going to Kouzzina for the first time at the end of Feb. (Loved Spoodles) because our fav server Hollie is now there! Hopefully Kouzzina will be one of our favs from now on! We really like Capt Grille. It is much calmer than CapeMay and the food is good. You can get the buffet or order off the menu. The buffet is not as big as some of the others but it has plenty of choices. They don't have an omelette station so I usually order one off the menu, but everyone else gets the buffet. OTOH Kona is good and if you are going to MK I would say go for it! You are almost there! No waste of time, really!

We really enjoyed breakfast at the Cape May Cafe. It is a buffet and character meal. Not sure what you are looking for, but we really liked the atmosphere and had a nice, memorable breakfast.

Kouzzina was very good the last time we were there. Also, Captain's Grille was actually really good...and not crowded. My wife loved the chocolate waffles. She said they were like eating brownies for breakfast.

For something quick, i LOVED the breakfast croissant with egg, bacon, and cheese at boardwalk bakery

We have had 3 breakfasts this past trip @ CaptiansGrille @ YC & really like it, it has breakfast buffet (same as cape may @ BC without the characters) or regular menu. We like it as its pretty quite & not as busy a Cape May. :thumbsup2

You could also walk over to the Swan and go to Garden Grove. We love that restaurant for breakfast. Full buffet, eggs/omlets made to order, nice atmosphere. Over the weekeds they do have a couple of characters (usually Pluto and Goofy). There is also Captain's Grlle (YC), Kouzzina (BW) and Cape May (BC) plus as pp, the BW bakery. Sit on the Boardwalk, relax, people watch, enjoy the scenery.

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Kona. It is good but there are also very good places to eat breakfast around the Boardwalk area.

Kouzzina is great!
Cape May is very good.

Captains Grille gets great reviews for breakfast.

Good Luck

Go over to the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. It's the best breakfast buffet in all the World and the price is affordable..

Thank you all for your advice on the BW area breakfasts. We have looked into all of the suggestions and are going to give Captain’s Grille a shot. I will come back after our trip as share my thought of this restaurant. Thanks again! :goodvibes

I agree, Captains Grille is a good value and it has a buffet and a la carte menu. Feel free to check out my review with photos which shows the buffet as well as a few of the a la carte items. (it's also a much more "laid back" atmosphere).

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/captains-grille-review-rev.htm

If you do like "lively" and characters then Cape May Cafe is a fun breakfast. I also have a review with photos as well.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/cape-may-cafe-beach-club.htm

Thanks for the link. Your review was helpful and it was nice to see the pics! We have been to Cape May before with the kiddos, but this trip is without kids. Therefore, we are opting for Captian's Grille as it will be a little more laid back and relaxed for us.

I agree, Captains Grille is a good value and it has a buffet and a la carte menu. Feel free to check out my review with photos which shows the buffet as well as a few of the a la carte items. (it's also a much more "laid back" atmosphere).

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/captains-grille-review-rev.htm

If you do like "lively" and characters then Cape May Cafe is a fun breakfast. I also have a review with photos as well.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/cape-may-cafe-beach-club.htm

Do you remember the cost of captains grille?

Stayed at Swan last year and BC two years ago...

Picabu in the Dolphin is the best place for a reasonably priced eggs and meat type of meal.

I agree with most of the comments on the buffets at YBC- BC has characters, YC more formal- still a nice setting...bfast there was nice.

These are good enough options not to go all the way to the Poly for bfast (unless it's your MK day!)...The only place at the BW that rivals- and IMHO eclipses Kona is Kouzinna. Our new favorite bfast in "the world" beating out my lobster eggs Benedict at the GFC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter