Breakfast ideas???

j-me

Mouseketeer
Wondering what is a good way to have breakfast without spending alot of money? we are going in Sept and are getting FREE dining...but was wondering what people do for breakfast without using the dining plan or the snack part.
I was thinking of taking poptarts, muffins ..
Thanks for the help

We bring poptarts, muffins, doughnuts, granola bars etc. My family does not eat right after they wake up so we bring foods that they can eat on the bus or while waiting for park to open or in line for an attraction. We fill up 2 mugs with juice from the resort and they are very happy. Have fun on your vacation.

I'm going to move you out of the trip reports, to somewhere that you may get more answers. :thumbsup2

We do two things:
#1 if you have a car, stop by the Hess gas stations on Disney Property and pick up pop tarts, donuts & cereal...all very cheap
#2 we also send a box down ahead of time with stuff like snack and breakfast items like individual boxes of cereal. (you could also just pack them in your bags as well)

We bring poptarts, muffins, doughnuts, granola bars etc. My family does not eat right after they wake up so we bring foods that they can eat on the bus or while waiting for park to open or in line for an attraction. We fill up 2 mugs with juice from the resort and they are very happy. Have fun on your vacation.
When I was quite young, BYOB meant something else, not Bring Your Own Breakfast, hehehe.

They have juice that you can use your refillable mug with? If so, that's real cool. I had never thought of that. I just assumed pop (soda, soft driink, etc. Pop is a Pittsburgh term, isn't it?)

I'm the breakfast eater of the family. I have to have something, usually a bowl of cereal. The kids would be satisfied with nothing more than a single bite of something. I wouldn't trust milk sitting in our cooler full of frozen water bottles though. I think my wife bought pop tarts, some cereal bars and granola bars and some other stuff.

Check out Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Those little tiny squares pack a punch! It must be the oatmeal, because those little squares (maybe 3x3) will hold you over for several hours.

Check out Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Those little tiny squares pack a punch! It must be the oatmeal, because those little squares (maybe 3x3) will hold you over for several hours.

Good idea. I have to have my Kashi or Fiber One for breakfast. I'm a big fiber person. We're staying at the Pop in August. I'm planning on bringing a box of my cereal with me to the food court. I can get a bowl there (I've asked for bowls before and gotten them) and there is milk available in the fridge, but they don't have lactaid milk (although they have soy). I may or may not bring lactaid milk and keep it in my ice chest. DD7 will likely want Pop Tarts or some other kids cereal. There is a toaster you can use, so if you bring bagels or pop tarts you can toast them (I presume that the moderates have it too in their food court, but deluxe doesn't really have a food court so they don't have the toaster and all the other stuff). I'll just have to run back to the room to put the cereal box away and maybe the milk. The resort refillable mug can be refilled with juice or coffee or tea or dozens of other choices ... at least at the Pop it can.

Where will you be staying? We were at the ASMu and were lucky enough to be in a family suite, so we had a microwave and a fridge. We brought cereals and were able to buy bread and milk in the gift shop and we were set for breakfast! Sometimes we saved a snack from the previous night and used it to get a bagel or a muffin at the food court. Breakfast is the easiest to do "on the run", with a little planning.:banana:

I put poptarts and some mandarin oranges in a tupperware in my suitcase.

I ate a small breakfast on my way to the bus and then if I was hungry had lunch early.

Then I had an empty spot in my bag for souveniors on the way home.

Since my DD7 doesn't really need a full size suitcase we use one anyway. On the way down that extra space is filled with Pop Tarts, Dunkin' Sticks, a few cans of Mandarin Oranges or other fruit, granola bars, etc. On the way back that same section of suitcase will hold souvenirs. *Note* My seven-year-old figured this out herself a couple years ago.

I look forward to a good breakfast..........best meal of the day for me and a pop tart or cereal bowl doesn't get it. Disney breakfast meals are huge and reasonably prices so the wife and I buy the biggest and split it. We never do dining plans..no money saver for us and our lunch is most always the same, even after 43 trips, we do a grocery stop in route and buy salami, ham, cheeses, bologna and bakery rolls and snacks and we break from the parks every single day and have a pool picnic with drinks. Our dinners are round about...TS meals don't excite us so we have our favorite places we like to go for say...meatball sandwich, pizza, philly cheesesteak, meatloaf etc. We don't dine excotic at home and don't do it on vacation but eat like we're home.....no stomach issues for us !

Breakfast! My favourite meal of the day. It is my constant.

I'm bringing some bowls and spoons and a small kettle in my luggage.

I am also a fibre nut... and I hate to say it - don't think those Quaker Squares count as fibre for me :cutie:

I will be making up small pre-prepared Ziploc baggies for each morning in the room for me...

(1/4 cup Large Flakes Oats, a tablespoon each of bee pollen, wheat germ and flaxseed, dash of cinnamon and about 1/4 cup of raisins) Pour 1/2 cup of water on top, cover and let sit for 10 mins.

DD5 - Instant reduced-sugar packs of oatmeal with a tablespoon of flaxseed. (Unless I can get her converted to regular cooked oatmeal by then. = more fibre!!!)

DH - Large ziploc bag of Honeynut Cheerios and skim milk from the resort store. (I know not the best choice, BUT oh well, he eats better the rest of the day and isn't much of a morning eater.)

Will likely also pick up bananas (most filling fruit I find and easy to keep) from the food court for the mornings.

Also plan to have dried edamame for protein. (If only there were a microwave in the room... sigh.)

Would do the grocery store delivery - but I don't think there is enough food we need to neccessitate it. We are on the DxDP, but spending a lot of credits on 2 credit meals and want a no-brainer, quick morning breakfast. May use snack credits from time to time for DH and DD as a treat.

I find when I travel and eat out a lot it is really hard to get in the kind of fibre I do at home - which can make for an 'ahem' bloated feeling :rolleyes1 most of the trip. This 'constant' meal really helps.

I got an awesome pop up cooler from walmart that holds its own for several days with ice in it. I bring it down along with a case of water and refill it every two days or so and then i also buy milk and it keeps in it

I bring my kuerig, cereal, granola bars, and several other kinds of snack ish stuffs to get me thru the days

http://www.amazon.com/California-Innovations-Pop-Up-Cooler-Blue/dp/B00314FBVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1275836603&sr=8-1-spell this is it I couldn't find it on walmart.com but i did find it on amazon.com

I wait for really good sales on those cups that have cereal in them, you just add milk! Right now CVS has them on sale 10 for $10. You can save a bunch of money by going that route and you can buy them in advance and bring them along in your luggage.

Depending on how you are traveling...

We have packed cereal, fruit (usually apples or oranges), bagels, muffins, etc in a small hard side cooler and when we arrive we take the food out and put in ice and get milk and juice at the food court gift shop. They also sell cream cheese in case you want that on a bagel.

We have also packed the Quaker Breakfast Bars and I agree with the above poster...they are GREAT for breakfast.

You can pretty much pack most any danish or boxed breakfast foods in a suitcase if you are careful and don't overpack. Sometimes we pack a suitcase which is just snacks, crackers, nuts, juice packs, drink mixes, coffee, etc. We also pack a RIVAL Hot Pot to boil water and make tea and coffee (we use an unbreakable french press pot for coffee) because we feel the coffee LACKS in Disney and we can make a better pot in our room.

Breakfast! My favourite meal of the day. It is my constant.

I'm bringing some bowls and spoons and a small kettle in my luggage.

I am also a fibre nut... and I hate to say it - don't think those Quaker Squares count as fibre for me :cutie:

I will be making up small pre-prepared Ziploc baggies for each morning in the room for me...

(1/4 cup Large Flakes Oats, a tablespoon each of bee pollen, wheat germ and flaxseed, dash of cinnamon and about 1/4 cup of raisins) Pour 1/2 cup of water on top, cover and let sit for 10 mins.

DD5 - Instant reduced-sugar packs of oatmeal with a tablespoon of flaxseed. (Unless I can get her converted to regular cooked oatmeal by then. = more fibre!!!)

DH - Large ziploc bag of Honeynut Cheerios and skim milk from the resort store. (I know not the best choice, BUT oh well, he eats better the rest of the day and isn't much of a morning eater.)

Will likely also pick up bananas (most filling fruit I find and easy to keep) from the food court for the mornings.

Also plan to have dried edamame for protein. (If only there were a microwave in the room... sigh.)

Would do the grocery store delivery - but I don't think there is enough food we need to neccessitate it. We are on the DxDP, but spending a lot of credits on 2 credit meals and want a no-brainer, quick morning breakfast. May use snack credits from time to time for DH and DD as a treat.

I find when I travel and eat out a lot it is really hard to get in the kind of fibre I do at home - which can make for an 'ahem' bloated feeling :rolleyes1 most of the trip. This 'constant' meal really helps.

You sound like me! Thanks for the tip on the pre-bagged breakfasts. No idea why I never thought of it for Disney, because I do it when camping for dinners--lots of seasoned grains and legumes that boil up quickly and provide that all important fibre.

For protein, we have a flock of chickens, so we hard-boil our glorious free-range organic eggs at home and bring them along.

While staying at moderates, you can make great use of the "coffee" maker. That's darn near boiling water, so if you want to blanche some edamame--it might work. I'd try it at home at first. My aging body can't tolerate the hormones in edamame, or I'd try it for you! That said, we gave up and got an Owner's Locker so we have an electric kettle to actually boil water.

Also, if you have a car, and are craving some nice fibre, there is now a Sweet Tomatoes in that shopping plaza right outside the Downtown Disney entrance. That's the part of I-4 that actually runs north and south, though labeled east and west. It's the first Disney exit heading on I-4 West from Orlando and at the north end of the plaza (the one with the now miserable Goodings.)

Curious about what sort of value you find in using primarily two dining credit meals. Those are the restaurants we usually eat at, and prefer appetizers over deserts--so I've never considered the dining plan, but went the annual pass/tables-in-wonderland route instead.

Thank you for sharing!

When I was quite young, BYOB meant something else, not Bring Your Own Breakfast, hehehe.

They have juice that you can use your refillable mug with? If so, that's real cool. I had never thought of that. I just assumed pop (soda, soft driink, etc. Pop is a Pittsburgh term, isn't it?)

I'm the breakfast eater of the family. I have to have something, usually a bowl of cereal. The kids would be satisfied with nothing more than a single bite of something. I wouldn't trust milk sitting in our cooler full of frozen water bottles though. I think my wife bought pop tarts, some cereal bars and granola bars and some other stuff.

Yes, they have orange juice and apple juice at the food courts. We have stayed at All Star Movie, Pop Century and Grand Floridian and they all had the same thing!! :thumbsup2

WDWGeek...

We use 2 TS meals for dinner shows, signature meals - for us that inclueds CRT, Cali Grill, Hoop Dee Do, Aloha show and BYBBQ. So we end up using more than we have meals. It is easy for us to make it up at breakie though.

Glad to know the coffee pot is really hot - I should attempt that here and see if it is hot enough for breakfast meals. I am not so sure it wouldn't impart a coffee flavour though...

The edamame we are bringing is already dried, so we won't have to heat it up... you eat it like a peanut. If I had a microwave though it would increase our breakie options. :)

We brought muffins, packages of oatmeal and grits, and boxes of cereal with us. Just picked up milk on-site. Fresh fruit, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter