Breakfast ideas for DH's office [Update pg 3]

I just did this for my DH's office last week. I bought Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls (they come with cream cheese icing) found in the frozen section. I got up and made them that morning so they were fresh. Everyone wanted to know where he bought them. They thought he bought them at a bakery.
I buy these occasionally and we just love them.

Tiggerbell05 said:
What about a breakfast caserole? I've seen them, I think, on kraftfoods.com, where they have eggs, sausage, etc., or a stuffed french toast - the bread is cubed and layered with cubes of cream cheese, then you pour an egg mixture over it, let it sit in fridge over night and bake it in the morning. I have that recipe if you want it. Or to be easy - bagels?

That sounds so yummy. I would love that recipe if its not too much trouble.

This has been a family favorite for years. We serve this on Christmas morning with a fruit slush recipe that I don't have time to post right now. We make it the night before and let it sit on the top of the stove all night and then bake it in the morning. YUMMY!

Rhodes Carmel Bubble Loaf

24 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
1/2 box butterscotch pudding mix, non-instant
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine

Thaw rolls until soft (about 2 hours at room temperature). Spray bundt pan. Cut dinner rolls in half and dip in dry pudding mix. Arrange rolls in pan, alternately arranging and sprinkling pecans. Sprinkle remaining pudding mix over the top . Combine brown sugar and butter. Heat together until butter is melted and a syrup is formed.(microwave about 1 1/2 minutes). Pour syrup over rolls. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size or even with top of bundt pan. Carefully remove wrap. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil the last 15 minutes of baking. Immediately after baking, loosen from sides of the pan with a knife and invert onto a serving plate.

Suz D said:
This has been a family favorite for years. We serve this on Christmas morning with a fruit slush recipe that I don't have time to post right now. We make it the night before and let it sit on the top of the stove all night and then bake it in the morning. YUMMY!

Rhodes Carmel Bubble Loaf

24 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
1/2 box butterscotch pudding mix, non-instant
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine

Thaw rolls until soft (about 2 hours at room temperature). Spray bundt pan. Cut dinner rolls in half and dip in dry pudding mix. Arrange rolls in pan, alternately arranging and sprinkling pecans. Sprinkle remaining pudding mix over the top . Combine brown sugar and butter. Heat together until butter is melted and a syrup is formed.(microwave about 1 1/2 minutes). Pour syrup over rolls. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size or even with top of bundt pan. Carefully remove wrap. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil the last 15 minutes of baking. Immediately after baking, loosen from sides of the pan with a knife and invert onto a serving plate.

This sounds yummy!! My sugar sensitive teeth hurt just to read it - but, I've cut and pasted it to my desktop to try :teeth:

I have a great hasbrown cassrole recipe that everyone goes crazy for...if you want it.....

kritter said:
I have a great hasbrown cassrole recipe that everyone goes crazy for...if you want it.....

I'd love that recipe- can you pm me with it or post it please??

Tiggerbell05 said:
What about a breakfast caserole? I've seen them, I think, on kraftfoods.com, where they have eggs, sausage, etc., or a stuffed french toast - the bread is cubed and layered with cubes of cream cheese, then you pour an egg mixture over it, let it sit in fridge over night and bake it in the morning. I have that recipe if you want it. Or to be easy - bagels?

That stuffed french toast sounds yummy...can I have that recipe????

kritter said:

Can I get it too???

Thanks

Quiche holds up nicely and can also be eaten on the colder side if need be. Ive made spiach and feta quiche for alot of morning functions.
Good luck im sure you'll come up with something great.
Tink~

marthachick said:
This sounds good! How do you make it?

Baked Apples and Sausage:

1 pound bulk sausage (I usually use pork sausage, I think sweet Italian)
6 tart apples (I usually use Granny Smith apples)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup apple juice

Brown the sausage. Wash and core the apples. Cut the cored apple into chunks and mix with the browned sausage, add brown sugar, cinnamon, and apple juice. Bake at 350 until tender, approximately 40 minutes.

I usually bake the apples the morning of our pot luck, then put them in the crockpot for the potluck. The entire recipe probably could be done in the crockpot, other than browning the sausage. I haven't tried that...yet :P.

Ive done those Rhodes butterscotch pudding rolls too and the kids go crazy for them!

I would also consider the casserole idea Theyre super easy. Baked french toast is wonderful too :)

If you arent a cook like myself, panera bread makes a great egg souflee, and their asagio cheese bagels are awesome, also manhattan bagels make great breakfast sandwiches, you could get a platter of them or from a deli

Wow. Those all sound like great ideas. I just might try and do a breakfast thing at my office.

I'm not the OP of the comment about the french toast, but we make it all the time. It's fantastic. Here's my recipe...

12 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
12 eggs
2 cups milk
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey

SAUCE:
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS
Cut bread into 1-in. cubes; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Cut cream cheese into 1-in. cubes; place over bread. Top with blueberries and remaining bread cubes. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and syrup; mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown and center is set.
In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in blueberries; reduce heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries have burst. Stir in butter until melted. Serve with French toast.

**The recipe says 6-8 servings, but we usually cut it into about 12 slices and that's great.

I also re-read my recipe for the carmel bubble loaf. Instead of going downstairs and getting my actual recipe I just took it off the Rhodes site. My own recipe is actually less work. We put the pudding, sugar, butter, nuts in the bottom of a bundt pan and then put the rolls on top. We don't thaw the rolls and we just put them in whole and let it sit all night. Sorry I didn't catch that in the recipe. I know the other will taste the same, but I'm into less work and advance prep. Suz

We have bagels and cream cheese in our office every once in a while. It is always a lovely treat to have freshly baked bagels in the morning. (We get them from the Einstein Bagel bakery.) In our area, some of the bagel shops open as early as 5:30am

Or, how about the Breakfast Lasagna from the Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom and/or the Breakfast Potato Casserole from Restaurant Akershus, Norway, Epcot?

-DC :earsboy:

OK these r the 2 things I am gonna definitely make!! I need something for sweet. The french toast is good but time consuming so I probably want something easier!!! I also need your input on how u think the quiche will taste. I have never made it so am a little apprehensive. The other recipe is tried and tasted so I am not worried about that. Also if any1 knows how well does this quiche reheat in the microwave.

Seafood Quiche
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoons flour
½ cup mayonnaise
4 eggs - extra large or jumbo
2 cups milk (2% ok)
1 cup Mozzarella & Swiss cheese - shredded
1 cup Cheddar cheese - shredded
1 tin crab meat
1 tin tiny shrimp
½ cup chopped green onions
½ teaspoon dry mustard
3 or 4 drops red hot sauce
3 regular or 2 deep dish pie shells

Mix ingredients together in mixer, beating eggs and milk first. Pour into pie shells. Bake on a cookie sheet at 350° for one hour. Let stand 5 minutes. Each pie serves 6 people.

Indian Breakfast Meatballs

For balls
1 pkt Ground chicken
1tsp Garlic paste
1tsp Ginger paste
1 Egg
2 Boiled and mashed Potatoes
3 tsp chopped green chillies
4 tsp chopped cilantro
salt to taste
2 tsp paprika
Optional cumin and coriander powder

For Coating
All purpose flour
Water
Bread crumbs

Clean the ground chicken throughly and squeeze out all the water. Add ginger paste, garlic paste,salt and paprika. Mix well. Add the cumin and coriander powder if you want to. Take a deep pan and put this mixture in it. Cook till all the remaining water dries off. Allow it to cool a little bit. Add the eggs, mashed potatoes, chillies and cilantro. Mix well. Make small balls of it.

Add all purpose flour to water to make a gravy consitency paste. Dipp the balls in it and roll them in bread crumbs till they are fully coated. Deep fry them in batches of 3-4.

Makes 25 balls.

This is a delicious appetizer but DH wants it for his breakfast party.

dcfromva said:
We have bagels and cream cheese in our office every once in a while. It is always a lovely treat to have freshly baked bagels in the morning. (We get them from the Einstein Bagel bakery.) In our area, some of the bagel shops open as early as 5:30am

Or, how about the Breakfast Lasagna from the Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom and/or the Breakfast Potato Casserole from Restaurant Akershus, Norway, Epcot?

-DC :earsboy:

Do you have the recipe for Breakfast Lasagna?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter