Breakfast Favorites

amyg1975

DIS Veteran
We booked a last minute trip for next weekend, so our hotel choices were quite limited, and our choice does not include breakfast. We always have free breakfast, so eating breakfast at the parks is not something we normally do! What are your favorite places to eat (besides Minnie's Breakfast)?

Carnation Cafe or Riverbelle Terrance.

Carnation Cafe is not an inexpensive breakfast, but it's great for a table service experience right on Main Street. If you sit outside, you can take in some of the ambiance of Main Street while you are eating. Inside seating is ok too. Carnation Cafe is the only place inside the parks that offers the full-size Mickey waffle, a favorite of some. I didn't have the waffle, but I remember enjoying all my food last time I had breakfast there. You may also have an opportunity to meet and talk to the famous Oscar, a long-time Disneyland employee.

Riverbelle Terrace is a counter service place. It's nice because you can get your food and go outside and enjoy looking out on the rivers of America while you eat. Inside seating isn't too bad either. The food isn't spectacular, but it's not bad for counter service and is more affordable than Carnation Cafe. I especially like the cinnamon roll french toast at Riverbelle. They also offer regular pancakes, a large Mickey-shaped pancake, and eggs and potatoes.

Not in the parks, but one of our favorites is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express in DTD. We love starting out our morning with their chicory coffee and beignets. So delicious!

I second RBT- indoor and outdoor seating, good food- we even had short lines! Food was very good and they were able to suit our family who has allergies and picky eaters.

We also really enjoyed Storytellers- hot, plentiful buffet, fun characters (they were great with my shy dd) and wonderful service!

At CA we loved Flo's and will eat there again this year when we go. I've heard mixed reviews for lunch but breakfast was a hit with us.

Where do people eat breakfast so they don't miss any early park time? We're considering an onsite visit this time but I hate the idea of eating up valuable a.m. hours when the lines are short - is there anything open really early?

Another vote for River Belle Terrace. We also enjoyed Flo's V8 Cafe in DCA. Storyteller's at the GCH is also a family favorite although not inside the parks it's pretty close.

Starbucks in DTD, white water snacks in the GCH, and the Coffee House in DLH should all be open early. They are our plan for a quick bite while heading to EMH.

Where do people eat breakfast so they don't miss any early park time? We're considering an onsite visit this time but I hate the idea of eating up valuable a.m. hours when the lines are short - is there anything open really early?

Starbucks in DTD opens really early!

We had a hard time finding much open for the really early park opening times- I think Starbucks in DTD was always open early enough but we like to eat a real breakfast. We stay on site and have some small things like yogurt and granola bars to eat while we wait for the parks to open. After a couple hours we sit and eat CS to get food and a quick break (thus not leaving us starving but not wasting our early entry on food). It's also good because some of the food isn't open until park open or a bit after so then you usually have a lot more to pick from then the one open coffe cart lol

Another vote for the Riverbelle Terrace, the cinnamon roll french toast is awesome! We also enjoyed the loco moco at Tangarora Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel.

The breakfast bowl in DCA, at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. They are not too expensive and your get a lot of food! I love the scrambled eggs and bacon in the bread bowl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter