Breakfast Character Dining Help

Minnie_at_Heart

Earning My Ears
I am planning to take a trip to WDW in the summer with my family. I am not sure what places are good for character dining. I have gone to the Crystal Palace and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, I absolutely love Crystal Palace because the food was fantastic and the picky eaters loved it but not so much Akershus since the food was limited to certain choices. Any other recommendations. I am tempted to go to Ohana but not sure what type of food they offer.

You can find out all about the food served here:
http://allears.net/din/dining.htm

I found the food at Chef Mickey, Hollywood and Vine, and Crystal Palace at breakfast to be very similar. I did not like CM at all - (food was fine) - but the character interaction was yuck. They rushed by our table - and it was very crowded in the room they put us in. I even asked our server to bring Goofy back for a picture because he didn't stop long enough to sign books and take pictures.

My favorite is Tuskar House. The food is really good, there are a few unique items on the buffet like a corned beef hash with onions, green peppers and corn bread baked on top. Really good, not the canned junk either. There were a couple of other things I just can't remember what, we went to so many breakfast buffets it's hard to keep them straight. The chacacters don't just rush by you either. It's a really fun place to eat.

1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian ( Cinderella and friends - also buffet)
Cape May ( drawing a blank which resort that is in) they have a characters ( Alice, Mary Poppins, Fab Four) breakfast i think.

I think we have done every character meal at Disney.

My DS13, DD 15 & DH love the Garden Grill at EPCOT.:love: Family style - all you can eat. Mickey, Chip/Dale, & Pluto. The characters often make it to our table more than once.:goodvibes

They also, really enjoy Chrystal Palace, Ohana breakfast with Lilo & Stitch, and 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella. :thumbsup2

It has been a long time since we went to "Donald" breakfast in AK. We do have reservation for Tusker House breakfast on our next trip. (Our only character meal)

They did not enjoy Chef Mickey - too crowded (other kids kept running up and climbing in their photo - no parents around:confused3). They did not like the food so much at Cinderella's Royal table or Akershus Royal Banquet.:sad1:

Tusker House for Breakfast. Decent Food, good character interaction.

Cape May Buffet for Breakfast. Good Food and good character interaction.

1900 Park Fair for Dinner. Gotta love those mouthy wicked step sisters.

LOVE the Grand Floridian for breakfast! 1900 Park Fair I feel has the best breakfast. The resort is beautiful. The characters are different there not your normal mickey, minnie, etc. Alice in wonderland characters, pooh and tigger, mary poppins. I think the food is really great there. Also the breakfast in Animal kingdom was awesome. Great choices there too. Those were my families 2 favorites.

1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian ( Cinderella and friends - also buffet)
Cape May ( drawing a blank which resort that is in) they have a characters ( Alice, Mary Poppins, Fab Four) breakfast i think.

Cape May Cafe is in the Beach Club and it has Minnie, Goofy and Donald during breakfast. It is a fabulous buffet and we really enjoyed it!

We also really liked Tusker House breakfast in AK and 1900 PF dinner at GF but we hared Chef Mickey's at CR.

I know the CM reviews are mixed, but we love it for breakfast. Have done it last 3 visits in a row. We also like Garden Grill and Tuskar House.

We really love Ohana due to the relaxed atmosphere. The character interaction is great and at a slower pace (meaning they don't rush you) which we loved. We didn't have to get up and fight the buffet but had the joy of a wonderful server with that super yummy juice! We've done nearly all of them, and hands down this one wins!

Another vote for Cape May at the Beach Club. The character interaction is more relaxed than some others, and the food is plentiful and tasty.

Last week we did Hollywood and Vine Play & Dine at DHS. It's also a buffet with Handy Manny, Oso, and a couple from Little Einsteins. My DGS (2 1/2) REALLY like this one. Food was pretty good as was the service.

We find that when it comes to character meals, we stick to just the breakfasts. We find the dinner selections to be awful, with the exception of Akershus which we enjoyed lunch at on our last trip. For the most part, the breakfasts are very similar, but each place has a dish or 2 that makes them all a bit different. My girlfriend loved CM's on our last trip. We got decent character interaction, plus it's the only place to see the fab-5 together. My favorite is a toss up between Donald's Breakfast Safari at TH in AK and the Supercalifra.... whatever breakfast at 1900 PF in the GF. The breakfast characters at 1900 PF are Alice, Madhatter, Pooh, Tigger and Mary Poppins. The Madhatter is a lot of fun. Some have made note on the Cape May breakfast, the only problem with that is that unless you are staying in the EPCOT resort area or have your own car, it can be quite a pain to get to in the morning.

For the most part, breakfasts are interchangeable. It really all depends on the characters you want to see.

Some have made note on the Cape May breakfast, the only problem with that is that unless you are staying in the EPCOT resort area or have your own car, it can be quite a pain to get to in the morning.

We are doing the Beach Club Resort character breakfast and driving our own car. Do we have to pay for parking there?

QUESTION WITHDRAWN - Do not have to pay for parking. Found answer under Moms Panel Answered Question on the Disney site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter