• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast Buffet: Boma vs. Captain's Grille

Which is the superior breakfast buffet?

• Boma at AKL?

• Captain's Grille at YC?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
DD and I are staying at BWI in August. We usually do dinners at various restaurants, but thought we'd like to try a breakfast buffet this time. DD is 18 (we're celebrating her HS graduation with this trip), so we don't need princesses and characters.

I've made a reservation for Boma because we've always enjoyed the dinner buffet. Now I'm reconsidering and wondering if Captain's Grille would be a better choice for the location (easy walk to YC from BWI where I think we'd take a cab to AKL from BWI).

Having never breakfasted at either, I'm wondering what others think? (Kona is a favorite for breakfast, but we're thinking buffet this time.)

Thanks for any help.

Yacht Club Galley (I'll probably always keep calling it by the old name) is certainly more convenient for your location, and it's a perfectly fine buffet. It just isn't particularly "interesting". Standard breakfast fare in pleasant surroundings.

Depends on what you're looking for in this breakfast, but I voted for Boma.

I have eaten at both and both are very good.i do like Boma best for dinner and I like convenience so I voted CG.

They are both great and have great food.

Boma has a much larger variety of food, but can be really noisy.

Captain's Grill has a pretty standard buffet but is pretty quiet.

You can't go wrong with either one, IMO.

Definitely CG.
- it's much more convenient to you
- the food seems better
- it will be less crowded
- it's more spread out
- it's probably cheaper

I have been to both and I voted for Boma. Been to Boma many times for breakfast and always good food and service. Been to CG once and food was mediocre at best, re-stocking food was slow and service was even slower, maybe we hit it on a bad day but I was not impressed.

davedmaine said:
Definitely CG.
- it's much more convenient to you
- the food seems better
- it will be less crowded
- it's more spread out
- it's probably cheaper

I agree with this. Love the food at CG.

Unfortunately we haven't done the breakfast buffet at Boma yet, probably the next time we stay at AKL Jambo House we'll give it a try. But we have done the breakfast buffet at Captain's Grille at least 4 times. In this case I would probably say to do CG because you are already practically there. Just a short walk away to CG and conveniently located near Epcot. I can see the draw to go to Boma, everyone raves about their breakfast buffet, and our general outlook is to try everything at least once. I don't think Captain's Grille gets as much attention, probably because most people might be going to Cape May for the character breakfast - just right around the corner.

Last time we went to CG the breakfast buffet was $18.99/person + tax and tip, and includes just about everything you would want, even includes smoked salmon. They have all the standard fare. It includes your coffee, tea, milk, fruit juice, or soft drinks which is nice.

Thanks to all of you for your input. I'm thinking about switching to CG this time and trying boma another time. We're already going to be over there for a jiko dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks to all of you for your input. I'm thinking about switching to CG this time and trying boma another time. We're already going to be over there for a jiko dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Friends dont let friends cancel reservations at BOMA..........

Fyi - boma breakfast is the same price as CG. Make the trip, its worth it! :)

Friends dont let friends cancel reservations at BOMA..........

Fyi - boma breakfast is the same price as CG. Make the trip, its worth it! :)

Too funny! :rotfl2:

I talked with DD about this last night. She was curious about how the polling was going. We decided that the only right thing to do was to keep the Boma reservation and simply add another breakfast to our trip. So, we'll try CG, too. That way we'll be informed.

I've done both.

For you, since CG is closer and more convenient, I would probably do that.

However, I think the food at Boma is much better and has more options.

You do get the opportunity to order off of a regular menu at CG I believe. Which could be a bonus if you don't want a buffet.

Is Jungle Juice the same as Frunch, or are they two different things?

I am thinking they are probably the same thing. The orange colored juice they serve?

Frunch is a mixture of about four different fruit juices. Tastes wonderful, but probably has about 75g of sugar per glass. I drink it anyway and hope for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter